black and white "viewing filter"

Name
nik
Edit My Images
No
hi guys and gals,
many years ago i had a small handheld filter that had a rubber eyepiece on it and a little metal peg out the side to act as a handle, it was in a shade of green-almost army green i seem to remember. the idea behind it was looking though showed how colours would look on black and white film. anyone remember these and know if they are still around/available.
i think its my age wanting to reminisce:p:eek:

This came up before and it was a Wratten (can't remember what one) but a paupers version was a sepia, but I have no idea if the sepia works as I'm just the messenger.

I actually did/do have one of these, and came across it amogst my piles of film stuff a while back. It worked to a certain degree in turning colours some shade of dull green, so it did help without actually making the scene b&w.

there the ones, only mine had a shaped rubber eye piece on it. I cant even remember how well it worked,
I seem to remember ordering it from ap magazine advert about 30 years ago:eek::dummy:

I had one of these got it from SRB in Luton, they are still in business but I don't know if they still do these.

Hmmm, I replied to this yesterday but it seems to have disappeared. Whatever, here are a couple of photos of the SRB Monovue filter.

20180407_155540-tp.jpg 20180407_155006_1523112693628_resized-tp.jpg

Back