Black and White Waterfall

Just Dave

In Memoriam
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

Tigers Clough Waterfall, I had a go at doing a black and white version C+C Welcome

3886398133_66b25a20e8_o.jpg

Dave

I really like that Dave, it looks very arty in mono.

Wow! Great composition there Dave! I absolutely love the lead in from the tree stump :clap: The exposure look absolutely spot on to me, just slow enough to give the water some blur, without being too much. My only (very) small niggle would be that I find the sepia tone a bit too greeny, but then that could easliy be my rubbish monitor at work ;)

I really like this a lot (y)

Looks great in B&W Dave, I wouldn't mind going back and have another go at it. I think theirs a little bit more there yet nice shot Dave!(y)

Thanks everyone (y)

I think I can see a bit of green cast in the odd place Paul (y)

Aye John we need to go back got a better idea now,

Last edited:
Thanks everyone (y)

I think I can see a bit of green cast in the odd place Paul (y)

Aye John we need to go back got a better idea now,

Ignore me Dave. Now I'm at home on a decent monitor it looks much better :)

Looks more sepia than B&W to me... but I like it... quite a lot... I especially like the bottom 40% of the image, and reckon you could make something worthwhile out of that without the waterfall. (y)

Ignore me Dave. :)
I always do,:D only kidding thanks Paul (y)

Looks more sepia than B&W to me... but I like it... quite a lot... I especially like the bottom 40% of the image, and reckon you could make something worthwhile out of that without the waterfall. (y)

Aye your right Lee, I think your right going back soon so, I'll go for a shot like that thanks

Great shot, like it very much.

Cheers Paul

A great shot and nice composition but i have to disagree with the masses im afraid Dave. i think these kind of shots are framed better with the colours of nature, personal choice though.:)

Ta mate heres a colour version slightly different crop well crop thats the full shot, with a slight rotation, from as shot

3877714468_ba329daf66_o.jpg

thanks again everyone for your kind comments

Dave

Last edited:
Hi Dave

I'm loving this shot, its got a very peaceful feeling (y)

Your first shot works very well for me, Dave. The composition and subject are strong enough to support the monochome rendering - the toning imparts an old plate camera quality to your picture.

Colour version for me, great exposure. Being really picky shame about blurred branch to top right.

Cheers Andy (y)

Ta slysam, I agree it is a shame about the blurry leaves and branch, it was very breezy, and with such a long exposure it shows (y)

I like both Dave, comp spot on and the textures the colour one brings out are great (y)

Many thanks Carol (y) Google Map Tigers Clough Horwich, if you fancy going, park on Green Lane at the top, if you do give us a shout and I'll come with you, take your wellies you need to cross a stream

Last edited:
both are good, but I think my preference is the colour version - nice shot! :)

Back