BLUE TIT NESTCAM... Now empty with probably successful fledging at just 25% !

Edit My Images
No
Well this captivating Blue Tit breeding season is all over for us with, so-called, Flora Fidgit escaping the nest although not actually fledging and probably not long for this world... :shrug:

Oh well maybe we'll do better next year... :D

I would like to sincerely thank all Mrs Fidgit's loyal followers who stuck with us through thick and thin right to the very end and even now occasionally visit the NestCam site which I have left 'Live' for the time being... (y)

:ty:

It has been a great pleasure knowing others have enjoyed the streaming even with all its difficulties and little tragedies... :thinking:

We WILL be back next year... :D

:p

Last edited:
Daft question but when are these due to hatch.. As that would be interesting to see....

More DOF is needed Rog :D Nice one (y)
I say it will be a girl weighing 7kilo`s :thinking:

Daft question but when are these due to hatch.. As that would be interesting to see....

She will have up to 10 - 12 eggs and they usually hatch 12 to 14 days after she starts incubation proper - with another 15 to 18 days before they fledge... :shrug: ...should be some fun viewing to come so bookmark and come back often as I'll try and keep it live as much as possible 24 hours a day... :eek:

Enjoy... :D

She will have up to 10 - 12 eggs and they usually hatch 12 to 14 days after she starts incubation proper - with another 15 to 18 days before they fledge... :shrug: ...should be some fun viewing to come so bookmark and come back often as I'll try and keep it live as much as possible 24 hours a day... :eek:

Enjoy... :D

Cheers for tha Rog..... Will do (y)

She's been laying again tonight... :D

Working hard she has been... (y)

And he has been keeping her fed too... ;)

It is Maria... :D ...we're seeing things we would never otherwise see... :eek:

Even SpringWatch only provides a snapshot rather than the detailed picture of all the activity watching it every spare minute provides... ;)

They're only tiny though... :LOL:

Really though, neither can we but we are well over halfway there already... :shrug:

I've a bag of mini eggs (cadbury's) & got 12-14 out..... Ouch!! Just as well she didn't do all 12 at the same time ;)

Been looking in on your cam since you first put it up. Tonight I was watching the election debate on tv and the nestcam on the laptop, no contest, the nestcam won hands down for honest interest :)

Have to say that its facinating to see how much she moves about in the dark, getting comfortable and checking the eggs, its going to be good seeing the young when they hatch.

Thanks for sharing Rog and congrats to your wife for giving you such a great pressie (y)

Last edited:
Been looking in on your cam since you first put it up. Tonight I was watching the election debate on tv and the nestcam on the laptop, no contest, the nestcam won hands down for honest interest :)

Have to say that its facinating to see how much she moves about in the dark, getting comfortable and checking the eggs, its going to be good seeing the young when they hatch.

Thanks for sharing Rog and congrats to your wife for giving you such a great pressie (y)

Why thank you Trev... (y) ...it is a pleasure to share the honour of watching Miss Fidgit (as my daughter has christened her) and seeing the build up to nesting life... :D

I fully intend to try and keep it live for as much of a 24hr broadcast as I can throughout the whole debate process... ;) ...although when it crashes and I am not here I hope everyone will forgive and bear with me until I return home to boot it into action again... the camera not Fidgit... :LOL:

It is difficult to be sure just how many eggs she has as sometimes it looks like they may be stacked and laying on top of each other so there may be more than 6 even now... :shrug: ...and when she leaves the nest she sometimes does a great job of covering them completely... :naughty:

Anyways... enjoy the show... :D

Prob going to sound a daft question but I will ask anyway...

Dont blue tits pair up?

Asking as have a couple flying around the garden & they always seem to be calling each other etc etc & was just wondering if so - how comes the other parent doesnt get a "sit on" as so to speak or will this come about once they hatch & then helps towards feeding....

Prob going to sound a daft question but I will ask anyway...

Dont blue tits pair up?

Asking as have a couple flying around the garden & they always seem to be calling each other etc etc & was just wondering if so - how comes the other parent doesnt get a "sit on" as so to speak or will this come about once they hatch & then helps towards feeding....

Not daft at all Steve... ;)

They do pair up, but it is the female who does all of the building and incubating... :shrug: ...his job is to protect their territory and also feed her when she is sitting (we have seen him doing this) and often she will go to the opening to take food from him... :D ...and then the pair of them work like billy-oh to feed the chicks once they hatch... :cautious: ...job done... (y)

HTH... ;)

Well done on setting it up .

Rich has got it wrong and it will be a Quads weighing in at 4 kilos

each :naughty:

Regards

Richard

Only just noticed this and watching as I compose. Amazing. Never watched an actual stream before other than what is shown via a nature programme. Thanks for sharing it. (y)
How difficult was it to set up? I've seen off the shelf camera boxes in hardware stores, but from a power point of view, are you running power from the home/garage/shed? I'm guessing its a wireless / IR cam.

Only just noticed this and watching as I compose. Amazing. Never watched an actual stream before other than what is shown via a nature programme. Thanks for sharing it. (y)
How difficult was it to set up? I've seen off the shelf camera boxes in hardware stores, but from a power point of view, are you running power from the home/garage/shed? I'm guessing its a wireless / IR cam.

You are correct about the camera being wireless... :D ...power for it is taken from one of our outside store sheds, as the box is actually attached to it see below... ;) ...and setting up was pretty much a piece of cake too (it must be easy cos I managed it... :LOL:) ...

4354531906_0f234541e2.jpg

HTH... :D

Just came across this. Thanks for sharing with us all. Will keep my eye on this.

You are most welcome... :D

I will try and keep it live for as much of a 24hr broadcast as I can throughout the whole nesting process... :shrug: ...although when it crashes and I am not here I hope everyone will forgive and bear with me until I return home to boot it into action again... the camera not Fidgit... :naughty:

We hope you enjoy... ;)

Whoooooooooooooooooooo!! it`s going to be quintriplets :thinking:

I am really enjoying watching her.
The kids love it as well.
Thanks for sharing.(y)

You are more than welcome Lisa... :D ...pleased the kids are enjoying it too - something different to share with their school class, especially when they hatch... :thinking:

Keep popping back and see how Fidgit does... I am sure she loves the attention really... :LOL:

Good job Rog! :D That's just great to watch.

I was just saying on the video, looks like she's made a space for another egg? Could be 9 in the making?

Fantastic! I have been watching it for ages. The bird has just flown in :)

I am so excited.

Thank you Rog!

A pleasure Bart... :D ...was it you who was having a bit of trouble with buffering... :shrug:

If it was I hope you are sorted now... ;) ...if it wasn't just ignore me... :LOL:

Thanks a lot guys... (y) ...hope you're all enjoying the show as much as the home team... :D

Fidgit is certainly doing us proud and we hope she goes all the way without any troubles... ;)

Back