Daily BobBCN 365 (2013) Finished!

Just managing to avoid slipping away into oblivion ........ so busy, my time is not my own ....... but I will chug on and one day I will catch up with my own challenge, not to mention everyone else's.

WEEK 5 - Abstract (around the house)

A selection of shots reeled off in a burst of creavity, well about an hour - one that i had to myself.

29. Files by BobBCN, on Flickr

30. Calibre by BobBCN, on Flickr

31. Bronze by BobBCN, on Flickr​

Julius Caesar... how far behind am I! Loads of great shots in there. Especially like the B&W hallway/stairs shots. Those are very very eye catching.

Julius Caesar... how far behind am I! Loads of great shots in there. Especially like the B&W hallway/stairs shots. Those are very very eye catching.

Cheers mate!

Some interesting photo's since my last visit (y) I have to say I love that citron van (y) it works great in B&W (y) I rather like the file folders (y) but great to have a catch up :clap:

Yeah, and the van has a story ... actually saw one for the first time on a school trip to St Malo in the ...erm .... sixties. Have a photo of it an' all (taken with a Brownie!!) so when this collection of nostalgic vans appeared I had to have it.

Some masterful photo's Bob , love Eiffel !

Cheers Vince!

wow i can't believe i have missed all these!..

Some cracking shots here.. i adore monochrome so all of those really worked for me and your abstract week was ace.... like the rest have said the files is a true winner!....

The last 2 i also think work really well...... looking forward to the next lot...(y):D

wow i can't believe i have missed all these!..

Some cracking shots here.. i adore monochrome so all of those really worked for me and your abstract week was ace.... like the rest have said the files is a true winner!....

The last 2 i also think work really well...... looking forward to the next lot...(y):D

Thanks! Comments really appreciated (y) (y)

Another quick catchup from me. Loving the B&W theme, the stairs (24) are my favourite of those and the Twigs shot too. I still haven't got round to taking your "advice" and writing down some themes to follow so I keep on track! Oh well, maybe tomorrow...

Another quick catchup from me. Loving the B&W theme, the stairs (24) are my favourite of those and the Twigs shot too. I still haven't got round to taking your "advice" and writing down some themes to follow so I keep on track! Oh well, maybe tomorrow...

Cheers! I can recommend the 'theme' idea if you're like me and need some kind of guideline to follow albeit self-imposed.

And while I'm at it ....... two more shots on the theme of 'reflections, distortions, glass etc' (y)

It's been twenty years since the first .... so perhaps time to celebrate with a glass or two of 'Blanc Pescador' ......

45. Copa by BobBCN, on Flickr​

And another looking staight down into the glass ......

46. Wine by BobBCN, on Flickr​

More to follow in the next few days ............. (y)

Still on Week 7 (Reflections etc) four done so far, here's the latest, just two more to do and then it's machinery ....

This is more or less a reshoot of an image from my 366 last year - candle behind small pane of glass with some drops of water sprayed on.

47. Elements by BobBCN, on Flickr​

oooh, that's nice, only need to have it flickering and you'd have air too :)

Week 8 - Machinery

As we are coming up to our first rally of the year - that's at scale 1:32 by the way - I thought I'd kick off this week's theme with a little machine .....

Here's my 27:9 ratio gear setup (27 teeth on the crown, 9 on the pinion) which is determined by the 'rules and regulations' as is the Ninco NC-5 motor. Anyway, it runs smoothly so I guess the meshing is spot on.

Of course, it won't help me much as I'm basically crap, probably ending up about 90th - we usually have about 90 participants!! :bonk:

50. Mesh by BobBCN, on Flickr​

On my catchup again. Love "ifninite" great shot, I must try something similar sometime. Liking the Machinery shot, reminds me of when I had RC cars and scalextrix (old style) and you see those bits on it.
Great work :)

Excellent shots.. and love #49 on the reflections week.. ace!

Machinery... nice close up.... did giggle at the coming 90th tho lol

So a little late once again but here are the remaining shots for the theme of Machinery .... and continuing the idea of 'little machines' ......

Here's that chassis again but with its special tyres for snowy conditions (floury conditions, that is)

51. Testing by BobBCN, on Flickr​

The complete car .....

52. Subaru by BobBCN, on Flickr​

And in different bits of the track .....

53. Ice! by BobBCN, on Flickr

54. Church by BobBCN, on Flickr​

Now THAT looks like a scalextric track! I love the snowy environment, but it must paly havoc with the cars.

Some great shots there (love the MG!)

Now I want a scalextric again!!

Cheers Tim! Well, yeah it does but you have to mess around with the braids fraying the ends, and you also need soft pre-cut tyres for extra grip. We also remove the magnets so it makes for a manic rally all in all.

Bob

Cheers Tim! Well, yeah it does but you have to mess around with the braids fraying the ends, and you also need soft pre-cut tyres for extra grip. We also remove the magnets so it makes for a manic rally all in all.

Bob

Back