weekly Boots' 52 for 2022

Nice image Paul, it looks like the snake is constricting the leaves

Flora - great image, and nice lines accentuated by the hedge.
Unusual - definitely!

Flora. Lovely composition you spotted. I really like the idea of not cutting out the full tree.
Unusual. That definitely fits the bill and it has some lovely texture.

Week 15 - Snapper's Choice

Snappers Choice.JPG

Just a bit of grass.

Last edited:
2 interesting images there Paul. The grass I suspect is not just ordinary, makes me wonder what is around that corner.
Reflections of trees with the leaves? floating on the water I like. It's a different take on the themes and very effective.

2 interesting images there Paul. The grass I suspect is not just ordinary, makes me wonder what is around that corner.
Reflections of trees with the leaves? floating on the water I like. It's a different take on the themes and very effective.
Thanks Peter!

The trees and reflections shot is confusing for me, I can see some upside down trees and out of focus leaves. It is different, maybe the other way round would wok better?
The grasses are unusual, but I feel there is more to the image but it is missing!

Pete

Really liking both shots Paul. The colours that the depth of field for your snapper's choice shot make a wonderful image.
The focus on the black tree reflections through the golden floating leaves is an unusual technique that I think works well.

Last edited:
The trees and reflections shot is confusing for me, I can see some upside down trees and out of focus leaves. It is different, maybe the other way round would wok better?
The grasses are unusual, but I feel there is more to the image but it is missing!

Pete
Sorry to have confused you and left you wanting more. Thanks for commenting though Pete.

Really liking both shots Paul. The colours that the depth of field for your snapper's choice shot make a wonderful image.
The focus on the black tree reflections through the golden floating leaves is an unusual technique that I think works well.
Thanks Bill!

Discarded - It's easy with a new challenge every week to fall behind, I'm regularly playing catch-up!! I wonder how someone managed to leave a glove there, unless it's been dropped elsewhere and blown by the wind.

Flora - I like the defined sections of the image that each play in part in the overall composition.

Unusual - The colours work great here. Great detail in the "snake", I might have cropped a bit from the left to even up the background on each side.

Snappers Choice - An different image that leaves me wondering what you were trying to convey?

Trees - It has a 3D feel to it with the leaves and trees on different layers. I'm assuming you focused past the leaves to the reflection of the tree?

Discarded - It's easy with a new challenge every week to fall behind, I'm regularly playing catch-up!! I wonder how someone managed to leave a glove there, unless it's been dropped elsewhere and blown by the wind.

Flora - I like the defined sections of the image that each play in part in the overall composition.

Unusual - The colours work great here. Great detail in the "snake", I might have cropped a bit from the left to even up the background on each side.

Snappers Choice - An different image that leaves me wondering what you were trying to convey?

Trees - It has a 3D feel to it with the leaves and trees on different layers. I'm assuming you focused past the leaves to the reflection of the tree?
Thanks Stuart! Not trying to convey any message especially (or at least not consciously), I just liked the shapes.

Week 17 - Hole

Hole.JPG

Several holes, but only one of them is in focus. It's a cheese grater in case anyone is confused.

Certainly a hole but only a tiny bit of the hole in question is in focus, I'd prefer just a little more

I'd never have guessed it was a cheese grater. Is it your monochrome entry too? You'll need to title it so that Tim knows, if it is.

I really like this. I agree that a little more depth of field around the chosen hole would be good, but I love the way it almost looks like bokeh and the way the image fades and becomes more blurry on the right.

Back