weekly Boots' 52 for 2023

Transparent. I'd thought of doing something similar then when I put one of my lenses down it started to roll, I gave up on that until later and now it's too late, someone has already done it; back to the drawing board.
Sorry about that. I put the lens on a metal trivet, that's what the "railway lines" are in the corners, but I liked that effect.

Yep - that does the job nicely :)

Transparent, thought it might look better rotated 180º or flipped vertically... but it doesn't!

Nice job. Works well in B&W, although I get the feeling there wasnt a lot of colour in the original??

Transparent, thought it might look better rotated 180º or flipped vertically... but it doesn't!

Nice job. Works well in B&W, although I get the feeling there wasnt a lot of colour in the original??

Thanks Graham!

I went for B&W as the colours were rather distracting.

Week 5 - Snappers Choice & Tech Juxtaposition

Too Much

Too Much.JPG

I don't normally post other images, but the feather is just too lovely not to show in a larger crop.

Too Much 2_.JPG

Nicely done juxtawotsit Paul :)

Fun shot Paul. You chose the right one to illustrate the tech but I really like the second one.

That's a lovely clean contrasty black and white and good idea for the tech, nice shot

Can't get more juxtaposed than that; good idea.

As said - love the contrast - with detail in the blacks still on the inside of the weights - and the detail on the feather is fantastic.

Specially if that's a crop from the main image rather than a separate one!

Last edited:
As said - love the contrast - with detail in the blacs still on the inside of the weights - and the detail on the feather is fantastic.

Specially if thats a crop from the main image rather than a separate one!

Thanks Graham!

Yes, the second shot is a crop from the main shot. The compression on the forum does knock the stuffing out of detail.

Lovely shot and nicely composed. I'm with you on the feather though with so much texture and detail... my preferred option.

Week 5, works so well in black and white ad fits the tech theme so so well.

Nice black and white image again your conversions are always spot on

Back