Boys names.... HELP !!

Name
Rich Robson
Edit My Images
No
Hoping for suggestions/ideas if you don't mind.
In a nutshell:
We're due in 2 1/2 weeks, don't know what we're having, girls name sorted, but if baby is a boy, he's gonna end up nameless as we just can't find a boys name we both love the same as the girls we have chosen. We've come up with Archie & Oliver. Wife likes Archie, I like Oliver..... Doh !!! But like I said, neither has been like wow, yeah I love that name for a boy.
Soooooooo, we've given ourselves until next Friday to each draw up a shortlist of 4 names and hopefully whittle the 8 down to just one.
I'm hoping this thread will turn into a HUGE list of boys names, which will help me a lot :) but even if I get 1 suggestion that would help.
We like names that are a bit different but not too out there.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Rich

Lynton

Bobby? Lol

Think about what you like - traditional names, regal names (like George, Edward), or more modern ones. With my first we knew it was a boy which didn't help as didn't like many boys names, but James was one that we both liked.

i always knew what my daughter would be called but struggled with boys we settled on Grant shawn.

Marcel, Matty, Brian, Mark, Marc, Paul, Darren, Tom, Chris or um.... what's darkstar's real name again ?

of course Pete is a great name too (y)

Andrew.

Pleaaase give the kid a name that sounds just as good when you think of him as a man ordering a pint in the pub, and not just a trendy one that sounds good 'til he's about 4 (Kai, etc.)

My friends called their boy Bob. Not Robert....Bob. Good name.
Unfortunately he's now known universally as "Mad Axe Bob", as when he was eight, and we were all helping with some landscaping, the adults were grabbing a quick cold drink, and when we went back intot the garden, Bob was taking an axe to a rather large, rather expensive reclaimed railway sleeper with gusto.

Pleaaase give the kid a name that sounds just as good when you think of him as a man ordering a pint in the pub, and not just a trendy one that sounds good 'til he's about 4 (Kai, etc.)

That

and on no account give him a trendy name like River, leaf, or raindrop

one of the home educator groups i worked with in MK had a kid called 'raindrop' - his mum told me she'd taken him out of school because the other kids were picking on him - Can't think why that might be :shake:

Interestingly i ran into him again about 10 years later , and he was 'king massive - and was into pumping iron, playing rugby as a prop , and practicing krav maga - by this point he'd come to terms with his name and was given to " yeah , my name's Raindrop , you gotta problem with that ? " (y)

Use Archibald then truncate. An elegant full name for when he becomes famous (for the tight reasons) .

Mind tou you could use the name of ki.gs

Stephen

Good luck whatever you choose

Steve :)

My grandson is Luca, which I like though Geza thinks he should have been Lucien ;)

I have a nephew who we all used to call Lucifer :LOL: though his name is Matthew. Thankfully he's now a strapping 24 year old squaddie currently in Camp Bastion, Afghan.....Due home in 4 weeks, but knowing him, will be itching to get back out there. :love: him.

Carl Unwin Richard, aka Mangy...

My wife had always liked Christopher, and our first child was a boy. I wanted to keep Donald in the name - after my grandfather and father- so he became Christopher Donald Kerr. No problem, yet...........Our second child was a girl, but my wife had been convinced it would be another boy and had earmarked Jonathon. We hadn't even thought about girls names, so my daughter was just 'the baby' for a few days!

Christopher and his wife had their first child - our first grandchild - recently and he's James Donald Kerr. His other grandparents were a little bemused about such Scottish names for a South African child with South African parents (I'm South African on my mother's side, and both my kids were born there), but they're quite happy with them. Turns out there's a Donald somewhere in their own family a couple of generations back.

We had this problem 4 weeks ago. My husband wanted Andrew, I wanted Nicholas but we got a Melissa.

We had this problem 4 weeks ago. My husband wanted Andrew, I wanted Nicholas but we got a Melissa.

thats an unusual name for a boy, won't he get bullied at school ? :LOL:

Marion

Any first name will be fine, I'm a Robson, and by the time 'he' (assuming its a he, as you have the girls name sorted) his mates will call him Robbo and people wont even remember his first name. Nobody knows im Lewis.

One of my friends had a girl a few years ago. The father was disappointed as he wanted a son to name Steerforth.

I think she had a lucky escape being born female!

Steve.

I wanted megatron for a boy but wifey wasn't happy so we settled on Austin, middle name Freddie as per tradition.

Any first name will be fine, I'm a Robson, and by the time 'he' (assuming its a he, as you have the girls name sorted) his mates will call him Robbo and people wont even remember his first name. Nobody knows im Lewis.

Haha, I know what you mean, I've had Robbo pretty much since junior school. Some people actually think my first name is Robson.....

We chose Seth for our wee fella.
Different but not to far out there that its daft.

We chose Seth for our wee fella.
Different but not to far out there that its daft.

Love that name. Not daft at all.

I came so close to calling my youngest Seth, even now I wish I had.. Lovely name (y)

he probably wishes you did too - its got to be better than "the rat" :LOL:

Due in 2 1/2 weeks and moving house.

Crazy person :)

Haha, everyone has said we must be mad, but tbh, it's been a doddle, not stressful at all, had a few friends and family help out. It's been ace.
We were boxed up and pretty much ready a couple of weeks ago but solicitors delayed things so we lived out of boxes for a couple of weeks until this Saturday. We got the keys on Saturday at 4pm, by Sunday 9pm we were in, unpacked, assembled, and all sorted (no decorating to be done other than touching up) :) we've been out today to buy lots of nice new stuff for the new house. Exciting times ahead........

Names that can be shortened are always good.

Matthew, Matt, Matty
Andrew, Andy
Charles, Charlie

I wanted my son to have something that worked in every role from accountant to rock star, he ended up being called Dylan and got a middle name of Hunter after one of my favourite authors.

We had a baby boy on Sunday! We called him Jude. Middle name is Philip ( after wife's brother who past away 2 yrs ago) so no doubt he will become a 'JP' to his mates in later life! We have another son called Reuben. We also liked Finlay & Ethan. Good luck it's not easy choosing!

Back