Daily BRASH's Challenge

23)

Reed Bunting

Raemoir Fishery, Banchory, Aberdeenshire - 15/11/2012

RB-1.jpg

RB2-1_filtered.jpg

Last edited:
Great idea for a challenge, and what a cracking start you've had (minus the heart attack of course!).

Take it easy as I'm sure, like me, everyone else is looking forward to seeing the other 78 species.

Thanks Nicky(y)

24)

Lapwing

Doonies Farm, Old Cove Road, Aberdeen - 18/11/2012

3lappy-1.jpg

Last edited:
25)

Blackbird

My back garden - 26/11/2012

BBs-5_filtered_filtered.jpg

BBs-1_filtered_filtered.jpg

26)

Wood Pigeon

Raemoir Fishery, Banchory, Aberdeenshire - 21/11/2012

CD-1_filtered2_filtered.jpg

27)

Starling

Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire - 05/12/2012

Starling-1_filtered_filtered_filtered_edited-2.jpg

Hi!

Not really a bird togger myself but some impressive work here. The buzzard is a cracker but I'd go with the first robin shot and the second dunlin - lots of action with the water drops!

Cheers.

Thanks Bob(y)

28)

Turnstone

Cowie Beach, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire - 24/12/2012

1AAAAXmaseve-4_filtered_zps29eedb9e.jpg

1AAAAXmaseve-2_filtered_zps8f5ad9cf.jpg

1AAAAXmaseve-1_filtered_zps4325aaae.jpg

Once again nice work Brash, like the 3rd Turnstone shot.

Ta! again Vinve

Just read through the posts in this thread, great idea and already up to 28!
Good luck for the rest and hope you are over the 'attack'....
Will pop in from time to time :)

Cheers fella, appreciated(y)

Glad to see that things are still ticking a long nicely :clap: keep up the great work

Hope that you've had a good day

:LOL::LOL: Thanks Matt. Love the pun:D:D;)

Just found this thread and have to say a couple of things....

1) I am SO jealous that you have so many wonderful species of birds to photograph - I'm stuck with the usual run of the mill birds - ducks, coots, seagulls (hundreds of the damn things!) and swans as well as your usual garden varieties. What would give to be able to get all of them

2) Fan-Bl**dy-tastic shots :D Love the second Swan shot with the water droplets! and I know you will probably ban me from your thread for liking the Swan but have to say it :LOL: Also love the Buzzard = wonderful :)

Keep taking it easy but keep those brilliant shots coming - am going to keep a good eye on this thread - will help me with my bird shots I hope :)

Just found this thread and have to say a couple of things....

1) I am SO jealous that you have so many wonderful species of birds to photograph - I'm stuck with the usual run of the mill birds - ducks, coots, seagulls (hundreds of the damn things!) and swans as well as your usual garden varieties. What would give to be able to get all of them

2) Fan-Bl**dy-tastic shots :D Love the second Swan shot with the water droplets! and I know you will probably ban me from your thread for liking the Swan but have to say it :LOL: Also love the Buzzard = wonderful :)

Keep taking it easy but keep those brilliant shots coming - am going to keep a good eye on this thread - will help me with my bird shots I hope :)

Carol, thank you very much for the kind words, they made my day(y)(y) You are more than welcome to comment (good or bad) any time you like;)

Carol, thank you very much for the kind words, they made my day(y)(y) You are more than welcome to comment (good or bad) any time you like;)

I doubt very much if there will ever be a bad comment :) and Thank You :D

Last edited:
Beautiful shot - great colours and so sharp - great shot :)

Carol, thank you once again(y). The bloody thing was going like a bullet as soon as I got out of the car so I was happy to get a half decent shot as he trundled away from me:D

Im never that quick to get them before they get away so would have had to have my running shoes on - would have been chasing him across the field :LOL:

30)

Chaffinch

Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire - 04/01/2013

Chaffie23-1_filtered_filtered_zpsa6ff5988.jpg

Chaffie1-1_filtered2_filtered_zps4661009d.jpg

31)

Great Tit

Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire - 04/01/2013

GT-2_filtered_zps35962791.jpg

GT-1_filtered_zpsc5cb71d9.jpg

No. 30 is lovely and great close up but have to say No. 31 is my favourite - the detail is wonderful - Can't wait until the (slightly) warmer weather to bring some out here :)

Cracking photo's as always thought seeing your chaffinch photo's are making me question my ID for my POTD for today :bang:

Cheers Matt. Your Chaffie is indeed a Chaffie. Your's is a male and mine female(y)

No. 30 is lovely and great close up but have to say No. 31 is my favourite - the detail is wonderful - Can't wait until the (slightly) warmer weather to bring some out here :)

Thank you Carol. It was very mild up here today and quite a few birdies were on the go.

So 4 months in and 31 birds, are you on target?

Just about. I've still got a month off work because of the heart attack so hopefully the weather will improve and I'll get more of the winter migrants before they go and the summer ones arrive.

Last edited:
Back