Bridge camera for birthday present - advice needed!

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone

I'm a complete photography novice. I have no clue about anything when it comes to purchasing cameras so any advice you can give me would be fantastic!

I'm looking for a bridge camera for my husband's birthday present. He has taken snaps on his iPhone for years and really enjoys taking pictures. He's talked for a good 3 years about buying a half decent camera but has never had the funds! I wanted to surprise him with a camera for his birthday and I'm totally stuck. It needs to have wifi connectivity, and it needs to be £200 or below (a big ask, I know!). I've been looking at the Nikon coolpix B500 and was going to order it, but then came across the Fujifilm Finepix S1 which is cheaper and older but looks like it could be a really decent camera. Which would you recommend? Or would you recommend something else altogether?!

Thanks so so much for your help!!

A friend of mine has got the Nikon B500 and is really pleased with it.

Can i ask why you've come to the bridge camera decision? They have all the negatives of a bulky DSLR but very little positives over an advanced compact. I'd get something that will fit in his pocket.

Last edited:
I would maybe look for a high performance compact camera? I'm no expert, but I've heard good things about the Canon G9 series and suchlike? Perhaps a well cared for used model would be good? I don't think £200 is a big budget for a new bridge camera - personally.

Back