Bruja´s 52 (Part 2) + Texture (phew, I made it to the end)

Bruja

Los Cojones del Perro
Name
Just call me Mad Madam Mim
Edit My Images
Yes
Well I´ve got my mojo back

And to make up for last week´s dismal effort I´ve got 2 photos for you this week

As you might expect by now 'FUN' got me thinking.

And my first thought was 'Isn´t that for kids?'

My second thought was 'I don´t have any fun in my life now'

I was talking to a friend this week and she asked me 'Is today a good day?' and I said I don´t have good days any more only not quite so bad days. And she said that that was really sad and that surely it was all relative. If I felt a day was less bad then surely wasn´t that the same as a good day and I said no, because I compare my life now to what I was able to do before.

I used to ride a motorbike, I learned how when I was in my 40´s and only perservered after my instructor on CBT (Compulsory Basic Training) said I would never be able to master it! :cautious:

I thought 'Bugger that for a game of soldiers' and found a different instructor who was very patient with me so I passed my CBT. It was because I had (and still have) a problem with balance. Nevertheless I went on and bought a 125, took practical lessons on a Honda 500 and passed my test first time

I then bought a Honda Hornet (600cc) in bright yellow because I said I wanted a yellow bike with a big, fat back wheel :LOL:

I then went on and passed my Advanced test and joined the Institute of Advanced Motorcyclists :razz:

Fun for me was doing a round trip of 100 miles for a cup of coffee and a bacon sandwich I can´t ride a bike anymore and sold it 5 years ago when we left the UK.

So, I thought, what fun is there in my life now? And realised it was photography. Allright, for some of this challenge it´s more of a pain than fun, but the fun is when you capture something you don´t expect, that you weren´t really looking for, then you get home, load it onto the computer and think WOW. This has happened quite a lot I´m happy to say (although not last week) but when it happens it´s a fantastic feeling and that´s what I got this week.

I had an idea of what I was after, a sort of 'anti-fun' shot that I took with my compact after I´d been to the docs on Wednesday and I put my trusty Canon in the boot when I went back to see him on Friday and then forgot completely to take the shot and only remembered when we were on our way to the beach to get some lunch.

Never mind, I thought, I´ll try and get something at the beach, and WOW, this is what I got ........

FUN​

3732060786_a1af40d923_o.jpg

I´ve never tried an action shot before but this was too good to miss.

And this is what he was hanging on to .......

FUN 2

3732061004_7db9e2ace4_o.jpg
:D

Last edited:
Oooh I like these both!! But think number two for me. Cracking shots, and certainly very fun!!
Dunno why number two, perhaps the contrast in the colours of Blue/Red :shrug:

But very good :clap: :)

Oooh I like these both!! But think number two for me. Cracking shots, and certainly very fun!!
Dunno why number two, perhaps the contrast in the colours of Blue/Red :shrug:

But very good :clap: :)

Thanks Shorty, glad you like them :)

As I said, it wasn´t what I set out to do, but that´s the FUN too :LOL:

I think I have to agree with everyone else...both very good shots, but No2 takes it
J

Hehehe - welcome back to Jill's mojo. :)

I spent ages on holiday in Cuba a few months ago trying to get shots like this - and it certainly ain't easy. The 'parachute' is way too high to 'connect' it with the surfer which I found very frustrating, and I ended up concentrating on getting good spray, so I've got to go with the crowd and vote for number 2 for its vibrancy and sheer fun! :) With just a little envy that I didn't get a shot anywhere near as good. :(

Jean

The Mojo is back and with a vengeance... A pair of corking action shots Jill, especially as you've not shot action before. I prefer the second, I think because of the vibrance of the colours.

Two superb shots but the second shot is my favourite for the vibrancy and punch in the shot.

Mark(y)

I think I have to agree with everyone else...both very good shots, but No2 takes it
J

Thanks John (y)

Hehehe - welcome back to Jill's mojo. :)

I spent ages on holiday in Cuba a few months ago trying to get shots like this - and it certainly ain't easy. The 'parachute' is way too high to 'connect' it with the surfer which I found very frustrating, and I ended up concentrating on getting good spray, so I've got to go with the crowd and vote for number 2 for its vibrancy and sheer fun! :) With just a little envy that I didn't get a shot anywhere near as good. :(

Jean

Thanks Jean, I found the same thing. If you got the surfer and the parachute in the same shot there was no oomph which is why I chose 2 shots. The first one is the fun shot and the second just illustrative but it appears most people prefer the second one ;)

certainly looks like fun :D
I prefer the first, i think the second lacks a person.

I´m so glad you said that as that was the original shot and, as I said above, the other was more for information but people have gone for the more colourful one.

The Mojo is back and with a vengeance... A pair of corking action shots Jill, especially as you've not shot action before. I prefer the second, I think because of the vibrance of the colours.

Thanks John, I usually prefer more 'detail' shots where the target stays still :). I do like having my mojo back :D

Two superb shots but the second shot is my favourite for the vibrancy and punch in the shot.

Mark(y)

Glad you like them Mark. Superb huh - going to have to shrink my head to get through the door for this week´s challenge. And that won´t be easy :LOL:

Easy huh, so why did I find myself flat on the floor to get the shot I wanted :D

Well it´s not been an easy week in this part of Spain. There´s a popular holiday town on the coast about 40Km south of here called Mojacar. You might have even seen it on the news during the last couple of days.

Mojacar is split into two parts. There´s the pueblo, set high on a hill, and then there´s the Playa where the majority of the bars, restaurants, hotels and apartments are. Just behing the pueblo is the Sierra Cabrera, which is essentially wild land and forests. Due to the slightly wetter winter there has been more grass growth which is now completely dry and on Thursday the temperature was 44 degrees in the car! The wind was strong and like a hairdrier and mid afternoon a fire started in the Sierra. The strong winds blew it towards the pueblo which had to be evacuated and many people spent the night on the beach or in the Sports Hall.

The school, a 300 year old hotel building and the tanatorio (that´s sort of like the chapel of rest) have been destroyed and the cemetery has been badly damaged. And, to top it all, the fire burnt through the water supply line so we´ll be without water until at least Sunday night so I wouldn´t get too close to me :LOL: :exit:

It also means that the heat has made it difficult for me to even think of taking a picture this week as just moving from one room to another makes you sweat (and no water remember :eek:) and it doesn´t do a great deal for the MS either as it slows everything down even more. And yes, I know, we chose to move here but this week really has been exceptional and we´ve known nothing like it in the 6 years we´ve been here.

But anyway, you know me, I´ll always give it a go! ;) So here´s my interpretation of Easy, and it should be self-explanatory ...........

EASY​

3754157813_c3d5324412_o.jpg

Lesson learned this week

I had to buy a whole gateaux to cut one slice out so we get to eat the evidence :LOL:

Note to self: try and find food/alcohol interpretations of theme more often.

hello, catching up again sorry!!

Highlight: Love them and want some... mine just say Stabiloboss on them, very boring! I love the composition colouring and clarity of this one.

Fun: Yep that does it for me too, besides being a technically brilliant shot, I have a real sense of wanting to get into that water too!!

Easy: Yep easy on the eye and the tum!!! Hope it wasn't too hard on you having to eat the whole thing :naughty:

all three are excellent shots IMHO :clap: :clap: :clap:

Excellent picture. That cake looks absolutely delicious... I shouldn't look at pictures like that when I'm hungry :D

Fun: Great action shot but if I had to pick it would be number 2. As others have said the simplicity of the contrasting colours works really well :clap:

Easy: Well food shots are supposed to make you go "nom nom nom..." and that one certainly does! Lovely lighting (y)

Catch up time :)

Jill as commented before your two fun shots are great - but the second, for its vibrancy and simple composition, takes the cake for me :)

And talking of cake 'nom, nom, nom' :) Simply shot, no distractions - very nice indeed - you made it look easy :)

Hope you're keeping coooool :)

mmmmm cake, why the week i start me new diet does every body take pics of food?

The photo is spot on imo :D

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

We've both gone for a cakey theme this week. Yours looks far too yummy to be sitting there on a plate - definitely needs eating up. But I suppose if I called round it would all be gone. :D

How did you stop it from melting in all that heat!

Good take on the theme and definitely easy to eat! More please. :)

Jean

Oh yes... now that cake looks spot on, and what a shame you had to eat the rest of it :D... Nicely done Jill

hello, catching up again sorry!!

Highlight: Love them and want some... mine just say Stabiloboss on them, very boring! I love the composition colouring and clarity of this one.

Fun: Yep that does it for me too, besides being a technically brilliant shot, I have a real sense of wanting to get into that water too!!

Easy: Yep easy on the eye and the tum!!! Hope it wasn't too hard on you having to eat the whole thing :naughty:

all three are excellent shots IMHO :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks very much Angela, I´m glad you like them all. Have you got your results yet?

Excellent picture. That cake looks absolutely delicious... I shouldn't look at pictures like that when I'm hungry :D

Thanks karmagarda, and welcome :wave:

Fun: Great action shot but if I had to pick it would be number 2. As others have said the simplicity of the contrasting colours works really well :clap:

Easy: Well food shots are supposed to make you go "nom nom nom..." and that one certainly does! Lovely lighting (y)

Thanks Daysleeper, and I guess number 2 would have worked for this week as well :D As for the food shot, it´s just natural light, and me lying on the floor to minimise any shadow :shake:

Catch up time

Jill as commented before your two fun shots are great - but the second, for its vibrancy and simple composition, takes the cake for me :) Hahaha

And talking of cake 'nom, nom, nom' :) Simply shot, no distractions - very nice indeed - you made it look easy :) Ah, but there´s more to it than that ;)

Hope you're keeping coooool I´m trying but it´s difficult

Very nice shot for "easy" - so simple, but it says all it need to say. In my case that's "eat me! eat me!"

Now why didn't I work out that if I'd done that idea I could have gotten away with buying a whole gateaux ?

Thanks Sarah, and better luck next time with the gateaux :LOL:

mmmmm cake, why the week i start me new diet does every body take pics of food?

The photo is spot on imo :D

Thanks Ruth and sorry about the temptation :D

We've both gone for a cakey theme this week. Yours looks far too yummy to be sitting there on a plate - definitely needs eating up. But I suppose if I called round it would all be gone. :D Well the rest is in the freezer so you´re welcome to pop round for a piece :D

How did you stop it from melting in all that heat! With great difficulty. The fact that it was frozen to start with helped but I had to be quick, mostly because MrB was waiting impatiently to destroy the evidence :LOL:

Good take on the theme and definitely easy to eat! More please. :)
Thanks Jean, and at least MrB was rewarded this week rather than complaining about sand :D

Jean

Oh yes... now that cake looks spot on, and what a shame you had to eat the rest of it :D... Nicely done Jill

Cheers John

Really like the second fun shot Jill and the easy shot is very good too, a couple of solid weeks there.

First off, sorry I missed out your Fun shot...:(

It was so well taken the colours and focus work so well...I know how hard to get a great action shot can be, but you got that one nailed young lady...(y)

as for Easy, I'm not finding anything easy lately...but when I see that piece of cake and think, blimely my brains gone to pot when we have so many props around us and I can't see them...:shrug:

enjoy that last piece of cake and if the worst comes to the worst start drinking the pool...:LOL:

Really like the second fun shot Jill and the easy shot is very good too, a couple of solid weeks there.

Thanks for that, it makes up for my off week with Highlight. But it´s hard to be consistent ........

First off, sorry I missed out your Fun shot...:(

It was so well taken the colours and focus work so well...I know how hard to get a great action shot can be, but you got that one nailed young lady...(y)

as for Easy, I'm not finding anything easy lately...but when I see that piece of cake and think, blimely my brains gone to pot when we have so many props around us and I can't see them...:shrug:

enjoy that last piece of cake and if the worst comes to the worst start drinking the pool...:LOL:

Water´s back on so no need to drink the pool :D Thanks for the support Marcus and I´m sure tou´ll get your mojo back soon.

mmmmm cake..... great shot Jill.

Cheers Mark, glad you like it.

loving all three of these
the cake would look better with a drizzle of cream
so I think you have to do it again! :naughty:

loving all three of these
the cake would look better with a drizzle of cream
so I think you have to do it again! :naughty:

Thanks Mike for dropping in and making the effort to comment (y)

Especially when they are nice comments ;)

As for more cake, the rest is still in the freezer :eek:

Why would I use a piece of cake for my Easy shot :thinking:

:dummy:

Any guesses?

:) I did get the "piece of cake" reference !
In fact, I thought it was so clearly portrayed that it didn't need any comment or explanation :D :LOL:
(. . . and I sort of got carried away and distracted with how delicious it looked and how hungry it was making me feel :nuts:)

Really looking forward to seeing "colour" this week.

Well, what can I say about Colour :thinking:

Well I've had a colourful life :naughty:

But that's for another day ;)

It was actually colour that got me started in photography. A friend of mine showed me some shots of places he'd been in and around this area and what stood out for me was what they call Andalucian Blue, which is a bit like the blue you see in Greece but a bit darker, and I was smitten.

I also like how colour can lend itself to some fantastic abstract shots here as well as in capturing a small detail of something here.

So colour has given me lots of inspiration, and that's all you are getting this week folks cos I'm too tired to write more :(

So here's some Andalucian Blue except it's not painted, it's a shot from my favourite shopping centre that I was forced to go to again this week so that I could take this picture and not use one I took earlier (how sad :D)

COLOUR

3778197476_e5395a61ca_o.jpg

ps Is it only me who, once hearing the theme for the week, then gets a song stuck in her head for the rest of the week :shake:

This week's was 'They call me mellow yellow' :LOL:

Can it be true I'm the first to comment on this lovely shot of yours...:love:

You certainly have a good eye for a photo Jill, you got the whole shot so well symmetrical it's brilliant...:clap::clap::clap: and that's a cracking blue...love it...:love::love::love:

You certainly have a good eye for a photo Jill, you got the whole shot so well symmetrical it's brilliant...:clap::clap::clap: and that's a cracking blue...love it...:love::love::love:

I have to agree.....its very blue ;)

Wow, Marcus, so much love and claps. Thanks you so much, it means a lot :)

Thanks Corky. I love taking this kind of picture :love:

I can tell that you enjoyed this and you obviously have a good eye for it.
Walking past that all I'd see is the roof of a shopping centre, but you've turned it into a piece of art.

Well done !
I love it. You really seem to have shifted up a gear for the last 3 weeks, those shots have been fantastic.

What a lovely shade of blue! I like this. And works better than if[hypothetically] you just took a pic for blue card :LOL: I like this :)

So here's some Andalucian Blue except it's not painted, it's a shot from my favourite shopping centre that I was forced to go to again this week so that I could take this picture and not use one I took earlier (how sad )

ps Is it only me who, once hearing the theme for the week, then gets a song stuck in her head for the rest of the week :shake:

This week's was 'They call me mellow yellow'

This is stunning, stunning, stunning, Jill. The colour is so intense and the symmetry is spot on - I keep going back and looking at it. :clap::clap::clap:

Extra credit for going back to your favourite shopping centre to get the shot - your reputation for hating shopping is legendary around here. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yes, I often 'get' a song stuck in my head - and I do try and share them around a bit if I can. This week, though, has been mercifully for everyone, song-free. :)

I hope you are soon feeling less tired. :hug:

Jean

Back