Bruja's Photo 52 + Night

Excellent Jill, a great take on the theme, showing your learning path, I think it probably works for history too. Took a moment to find your book. :clap: (y)

Congrats on the exhibition and sales too

Thanks John, although I think without the story it would be a very average shot. But what I like about the 52 is that you can add a narrative (like the 365) so that the picture shows both something about the theme and your life - if that's how you want to do it.

Wow great photo and great narrative. I think it works really well that all the books are mixed together as that really reflects my understanding of learning (i.e. how I tend to learn best when new information can be linked in some way to prior knowledge).

I especially like the lighting coming from the right side of the frame as this gives the image some depth. I'd imagine that front lighting would have given a very 2D image. It's not surprising that you've sold 11 photos (y) I'm sure you'll sell many more.

Lovely words, lovely shot and well done on having a book of yours on that shelf Jill

The colours are great and the tale it tells, illustrating your words is wonderful

Me gusta mucho ;)

Wow great photo and great narrative. I think it works really well that all the books are mixed together as that really reflects my understanding of learning (i.e. how I tend to learn best when new information can be linked in some way to prior knowledge).

I especially like the lighting coming from the right side of the frame as this gives the image some depth. I'd imagine that front lighting would have given a very 2D image. It's not surprising that you've sold 11 photos (y) I'm sure you'll sell many more.

Thanks Simon, I did try shooting with front lighting first but I didn't like the effect. And thanks for the vote of confidence (y)

Lovely words, lovely shot and well done on having a book of yours on that shelf Jill

The colours are great and the tale it tells, illustrating your words is wonderful

Me gusta mucho ;)

Muchisimas Gracias John :LOL: and thanks for the great feedback - and there was me thinking it was a very average picture :wacky:

Life throws some unexpected challenges at all of us, Jill. But I have to say - you are an inspiration the way you've risen to more challenges and overcome more setbacks than anybody has a right to expect.

The picture and narrative are very powerful together. :clap::clap:

Congratulations too on selling photos - and learning Spanish. :) I should imagine getting your book published ws a great thrill, too.

Jean

Simply, but very much on the button for this topic...

The story that goe's with it is truly inspirational...:clap::clap::clap:

Thanks Jeangenie and Spartacus, I really appreciate it, and, you never know what you are capable of until it happens :D

Truly inspirational stuff Jill and congrats on selling those pictures. (y)

Thanks Marc - that makes 2 of us (inspirational that is :naughty:) and selling the pictures was a surprise (a nice one of course :D)

Sweet of you to say so. And I'm sure that surprise was well deserved. ;)

I like all your shots so far but I've got to say the history one is fantastic :clap:

Love how personal you've allowed this to become - the narrative is inspirational and I hope you are damn proud of what you have achieved when life threw a curve-ball at you ;)

I like all your shots so far but I've got to say the history one is fantastic :clap:

Love how personal you've allowed this to become - the narrative is inspirational and I hope you are damn proud of what you have achieved when life threw a curve-ball at you ;)

That's very kind of you, and I am a bit proud (sometimes) :D and sometimes I'm doing this.... :help::coat::runaway: and this.....:beer:

Image complements the description very well to make it right on theme.:clap:

I'm enjoying following your 52 Jill. It's very inspirational both the narrative and the images. Congratulations on your book fantastic accomplishment and you should be immensely proud. Looking forward to next week :clap:
Always wanted to get something published but don't write like I used to let life get in the way, poor excuse I know.

Image complements the description very well to make it right on theme.:clap:

Thanks Graulges (y)

I'm enjoying following your 52 Jill. It's very inspirational both the narrative and the images. Congratulations on your book fantastic accomplishment and you should be immensely proud. Looking forward to next week :clap:

Thanks Maureen, it's turning into a more personal project than I first expected. It's a bit like a 365 I suppose but I'm using the 52 themes in a way that reflects my life although sometimes (like this next one) won't necessarily fit the theme without the narrative ;)

I enjoyed reading the information behind the image as well.

Thanks staffitaxi, you are probably going to get a lot more of that :LOL:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: your history picture is very touching and perspective-putting-into (if that makes sense). (y)

I see your book :D

your history picture is very touching and perspective-putting-into (if that makes sense). (y)

I see your book :D

Wow Kelack, thank you :D and I'm having the same trouble as you keeping up with all of these threads :LOL: and I think my surprise this week will be actually posting a picture :eek:. Who put that in as a theme :bat::bang::shrug:?

Well, the surprise this week is that I've actually submitted a picture! It's been a bad week for me physically (no energy), mentally (imagination/creativity/concentration all on holiday) and emotionally (partly due to the previous 2, and partly due to the strain my being ill puts on our relationship).

However, I refused to let it get the better of me and yesterday just went for it :D. I love abstract photography and thought this was an ideal theme to try some out. Can you tell what it is yet? (said wth an Australian accent :LOL:)

SURPRISE​

Surprise.jpg

PS to all the people whose threads I haven't kept up with this week, my apologies - I'll do it soon ;)

Hi Jill

Is it a Cordyline or Formium (never know the difference!)?

Whichever, it's a cracking good shot with strong geometrical lines and gorgeous colour. :clap::clap:

tbh, if you produce a shot of this quality on a bad day, the good days will be up there in the stratosphere. I look forward to more abstracts, too.

I'm sad you've had a bad week - and it's true when one thing goes wrong everything else suffers. I know the nature of MS is unpredictable and its a good job you're the boss. I hope Week 5 will be just the Opposite. :love:

Jean

No chance for an ID from me Jill :D

I absolutely love the image though - abstract plants is right up my street and down my garden path :clap:

Like Jean I'm sorry you've had a rotten week and hope things lift for you :)

As for the surprise - it actually looks like a fan dancers fan and there's a surprise behind it :)

Ok thats my interpretation but it works for me :D

Lovely shot!

Great abstract image, haven't done anything like that yet, going to have to have a go now, that a really strong pic.

Nice light Jill, i'm surrounded by these Palms but i still don't the full name, I'm still waiting to get a gecko sillouhetted throught a leaf.

Love the photo. Everything works

Lovely abstract Jill but I couldn't tell you what it is. Keep fighting! (y)

I haven't a clue exactly what plantlife it is - but I do like the abstract.
Strong colours, bold lines. Winning combo

Like everyone else, not a clue, but a cracking shot. Brilliant colours and pattern. Sorry to hear it's been a bad week, I hope things improve this week.

Whichever, it's a cracking good shot with strong geometrical lines and gorgeous colour. :clap::clap:

tbh, if you produce a shot of this quality on a bad day, the good days will be up there in the stratosphere. I look forward to more abstracts, too.

I hope Week 5 will be just the Opposite. :love:

Jean

Thanks Jean, and both guesses are wrong :D. Its a Chamaerops (European fan palm). And love the pun at the end ;)

I absolutely love the image though - abstract plants is right up my street and down my garden path :clap:

As for the surprise - it actually looks like a fan dancers fan and there's a surprise behind it :)

Lovely shot!

Thanks John, you always say the nicest things :love:. And I've identified it above. Don't know if it fits the theme but it's all your getting :LOL:

Great abstract image, haven't done anything like that yet, going to have to have a go now, that a really strong pic.

Thanks Hyster and I'm glad I've inspired you to try something new (y)

Love the image, as Jean says the lines are fabulous and the colour is superb (y)

Hope you have more energy this week :)

Thanks Simon, glad you like it :D

Nice light Jill, i'm surrounded by these Palms but i still don't the full name, I'm still waiting to get a gecko sillouhetted throught a leaf.

It's a Chamaerops (European fan palm) and I shot it with the sun behind it and from the back of the leaf as this really shows up the concertina effect of the growing leaf as it comes out of the top of the stem.

Love the photo. Everything works

Thanks Corky, glad you like it :D

Lovely abstract Jill but I couldn't tell you what it is. Keep fighting! (y)

Cheers Marc and glad you like it. Like I said above, I'm not sure it fits the theme but it was all you were getting this week :D

I haven't a clue exactly what plantlife it is - but I do like the abstract.
Strong colours, bold lines. Winning combo

Thank you so much Richard, I really appreciate it :)

Like everyone else, not a clue, but a cracking shot. Brilliant colours and pattern. Sorry to hear it's been a bad week, I hope things improve this week.

Thanks for your support John and I'm glad you like it :D

I don't know what it is...but I sure know I like it a lot...:clap:

love the line of this shot...excellent me thinks(y)

Thanks Jean, and both guesses are wrong :D. Its a Chamaerops (European fan palm). And love the pun at the end ;)

Hi Jill

Thanks for the ID - I have to admit total ignorance - I've never even heard of Chamearops. If I'd read the word not knowing what it was, I'd have guessed it was a lizard of some kind. :LOL:

Yes - sorry about the pun - I couldn't resist it. :LOL:

Hope you're feeling more perky today and good luck with Opposites. :)

Jean

Striking image. I'll go along with the other comments. Well done.:clap:

I don't know what it is...but I sure know I like it a lot...:clap:

love the line of this shot...excellent me thinks(y)

Thanks Spartacus, and I've ID'd it above, and so glad you like it :D

Striking image. I'll go along with the other comments. Well done.:clap:

Thanks Graulges, I appreciate it. (y)

And everyone's comments are making me feel really good today, still low energy but I'm definitely picking up so thanks everyone, you're stars :clap:

your learning post fits the theme well but it it stretch you as a photographer? surprise image is great fantastic lighting and great composition (y)

your learning post fits the theme well but it it stretch you as a photographer? surprise image is great fantastic lighting and great composition (y)

Hi Toothie
I think the learning post only stretched me in making me more aware of how the direction the light falls can dramatically affect the depth of the picture :)

And glad you like the Surprise picture :D Thanks for your support

Like this Jill. Lovely colour and detail. Great abstract. Sorry you had a bad week. Hope this one proves to be a better one for you :clap:

Back