weekly bu**er it 52 here we come(week 4&5 added)

Name
andy
Edit My Images
No
well i am going to take the plunge i have decided to have another crack at a 52 week challenge, these are my :rules: ,i am not going to follow the tp weekly draw's (i may have a look and drop a few in ) i will try and look and comment on as many other people's challenges ,i will try and push my self to try new things and get out more with the camera,

so without further adieu i bring you week 1 ,and what better way to try out the new sigma 70-200 blah blah blah 2.8 ,i picked it up today so thought i better give it a few test shots and an obliging squirrel was just the ticket to try it on and taken hand held i am pretty impressed with the outcome here goes :bonk:

just chillin

squirrel%252520119.JPG

and to get things off to a flying start we can have an outtake

oooohhhhh got an itch

squirrel%252520095.JPG

Last edited:
If only i had the time to make an attempt at a 52!:bonk:

Good luck,I will be watching with interest to see how it goes!:wave:

thanks for the comments sun was getting low and directly behind the tree's so lighting wasn't the best ,i hadn't noticed it looks blue think i need to check wb and try and calibrate monitor.

here we go again week 2 ,quick snap really as i didn't have alot of time to plan these i was hoping to catch the full moon a bit earlier tonight, i stopped for about 5 minutes took these then carried on my way home ,taken at 200mm with a major crop and a bit of tweeking ,c@c welcome ta

full%252520moon%252520040.JPG

full%252520moon%252520034.JPG

Yes the squirrel shots are a little blue!

You could make them your 'direction' shot as he's' up' a tree!

I love your moon shots, you say it's a 'quick snap' but how long was you exposure? Just curious as I've never tried a shot like this.

Again full moons are scary to some!

Perhaps you should try and follow the themes;)

Yes the squirrel shots are a little blue!

You could make them your 'direction' shot as he's' up' a tree!

I love your moon shots, you say it's a 'quick snap' but how long was you exposure? Just curious as I've never tried a shot like this.

Again full moons are scary to some!

Perhaps you should try and follow the themes;)

thanks for the comments i took about 10 shot's of the moon using different exposures trying to get the best results i could i'll check exif on these two and update the thread i am still going it alone with my 52 i found when tried before i found i didn't have time to concentrate on the theme's at least this way i can keep upto date and get a bit more creative as time permits (y)

week 3 ,after a 74 hour week at work and nose streaming like a big streamy runny thing i have done very little this afternoon and after having a little nap on the settee i decided i needed to do something so a free hour and a bit of experimenting i have come up with some water drops i'm reasonably happy with,i have struggled to get point of focus spot on and trying to drip water drops with one hand and fire the camera with the other it was more miss than hit ,i have used a couple of off camera flashes with a mixture of red,blue and orange filters on the flash to get the colours i will be trying this again and hopefully progress to some collision shot's as always c&c,hint's and tip's welcome thanks for looking

water%252520droplet%252520089.JPG

water%252520droplet%252520138.JPG

water%252520droplet%252520001.JPG

water%252520droplet%252520025.JPG

I missed these for some reason!

I like one and four, the colours work for me.

I've tried water drops, I found it difficult to get the focus point correct, then I read an article in practical photography. It suggests setting a plastic bag up above your water and stick a tiny hole in so the water drips slowly. Use a cocktail stick to focus your camera manually where the drip falls, then shoot away!

Hope that helps.

I missed these for some reason!

I like one and four, the colours work for me.

I've tried water drops, I found it difficult to get the focus point correct, then I read an article in practical photography. It suggests setting a plastic bag up above your water and stick a tiny hole in so the water drips slowly. Use a cocktail stick to focus your camera manually where the drip falls, then shoot away!

Hope that helps.

thanks for the comments and advise i will give this another go when i get an hour got a few options to try thanks

right time to update this now a couple of weeks behind i have been concentrating on my 12/12 (jan birds in flight) challenge and not really done anything else so so a couple of birds for week 4 c&c welcome

calkeabbey%2520226_192.JPG

robin%2520033_263.JPG

and week 5 lovely start to the morning on thursday and some really nice colours as the sun came up unfortuniltey i wasn't anywhere inspiring so not quite what i was hoping for but hopefully tomorrow morning will be a bit brighter and some snow on the ground i'll try and get back out again so first attempt for week 5 red sky in the morning sheperds warning

robin%2520013_259.JPG

You know I've started trying to take shots of a robin visiting our garden on our new feeders, I thought they were good until I saw this! Gorgeous goldfinch too(y)

The sunrise is more yellow and orange than red, but still a nice shot.

thanks really pleased with both the goldfinch and the robin ,i have been keeping the feeders and bird table well stocked but haven't had a single visitor to the garden yet,these were taken at calke abbey and attenborough nature reserve i'm now considering a longer lens than 200mm as these have both been quite heavily cropped ,the sunrise shot hasn't quite hit the nail on the head but needed to keep upto date with the challenge as working between 60-70 hours a week at the minute isn't leaving alot of time to do things i want thanks again

Back