Name
Lisa
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought id give these a go today :)

4115136488_46881be4b3.jpg

4115165210_1c87181cae.jpg

4115136668_8f25e16593.jpg

Glass with a bit of water with the same amount of washing up liquid. Blow some bubbles with a straw then blow gently into the bubbles to make one big one, your find all the colours moving about on the surface of the bubble and making nice patterns (y)

Add a bit of glycerine as it makes the bubbles last longer, great shots BTW!! I need to get my lighting sorted before I give these a crack.

Carl

Very Gas Giant ;), excellent (y)

really fab Lisa!! and really do look like planets don't they!!

Vi x

Thanks all :)

Id love a good lighting set up as that was my biggest prob, i ended up getting the light tent out ( ive only used it once or twice as its that big and hard to fold back down lol ) and a big light plus my sb-600 off camera just to get these. I did think about the glycerine but didnt bother this time but yes they do pop quick!

Awesome, awesome stuff.

I have taken a few bubble ones, but none as nice as these. I just cant get it bright enough! And the flash seems to ruin it. :(

Very nice - another project involving making a mess coming up me thinks:LOL:

Fanatstic Captures Cant Wait to Give It A Go Very Well Done

Kirk

AshMashMash.. i had that trouble, either that or i had reflections where i did get good light so i dug the light tent out put a biggish light (one of those that are attached to extension leads if you know what im on about) to the right shining through the side then my sb-600 next to that but facing a bit towards the other light so they was sort of crossing, i had the on board flash off but triggering the sb-600. Does that make sense? Thats what i had to do to get these in my dark house anyway.

For those interested see here, its where i got it from and might explain it better :LOL:

Last edited:
Stunning shots Lisa :clap: I also had a go at doing these, but didn't get anywhere near as good as this ... Excellent work (y)

Damn, tried and failed - no off board flash and no decent diffused light source, I admit defeat... for the moment! Again, cracking shots Lisa ;)

Carl

AshMashMash.. i had that trouble, either that or i had reflections where i did get good light so i dug the light tent out put a biggish light (one of those that are attached to extension leads if you know what im on about) to the right shining through the side then my sb-600 next to that but facing a bit towards the other light so they was sort of crossing, i had the on board flash off but triggering the sb-600. Does that make sense? Thats what i had to do to get these in my dark house anyway.

For those interested see here, its where i got it from and might explain it better :LOL:

Sorry, only just seen this reply.

Ah I see! Just looked at the pics. I need a light box I think... or at least a brighter light. Nice set up there (y)

I got these with a desk lamp, and no flash:

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc310/AshMashMash/Camera Playing/Tongs8.jpg

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc310/AshMashMash/Camera Playing/4.jpg

You can see where the lamp is reflecting, and elsewhere it's just blackness!

Last edited:
All great but I love the patterns in the first two - really good effect you have caught there :clap:

Back