Burglar

Edit My Images
No
My CCTV recorded a burglar last Thursday, he evaded the camera at the front of the house but missed the camera I had pointing at the side door.

I had foolishly left a couple of power tools out the day before (getting dark and I was tied) which have gone but he didn't get into the house, technically not a burglar then :/ On seeing the camera he started knocking on the door, bit late for that fella, then moved out of sight under the camera and used something to re-position it pointing skyward. Shortly after he left.

The camera got him face on, the police were quite impressed with the image quality.

I have found the experience quite upsetting and needed to do something to redress the balance so I took a screen shot from the CCTV footage and printed/laminated some, I've been round the neighbourhood this afternoon cable tying prints to lamp posts. I ran out of cable ties but I'll get some more tomorrow and go further afield.

Naive and pointless perhaps but I don't care it has made me feel better.

I don't suppose many of you are in West Yorkshire (Cleckheaton/Heckmondwike) but if you are and want to circulate the image below please do.

zUSDrZ.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Last edited:
I forgot to say the police said a house around the corner was burgled about the time of my recording.

Last edited:
Pretty clear for anyone who knows him ... do the police know you are circulating the image?

Top work. Like the idea of circulating his image. Also pop the flyer into local pubs.

Post it on Facebook, these types of things have a tendency to go viral and will hopefully get the culprit recognized in quick order

Gramps - no I haven't told the police but I did consider it,

And don't leave ladders lying around!

The police will probably tell you to take the pics down.

The ladders were chained up,

What makes you say the police will tell me to take the pics down?

Circulating photos of suspects can cause unintended issues and you could find yourself at the wrong end of a problem ... take their advice promptly before you distribute it any more.

Entirely up to you what you do with the pic.

If he is a burglar then no problem.
If you are wrongly accusing someone that is a different matter.
The picture could have been worded in way that was not accusatorial and yet asking for identification because of the circumstances (e.g. the person in the picture may have noticed something suspicious and it would help if he could confirm if he did or not).

Even if he is the burglar things could go wrong ... take advice from the police.

You can't go around saying someone is a burglar until it's been proven.
You could be charged for saying he is. Do you want to be sued?

You are not judge, jury and executioner.

Removed the Burglar heading and posted on FB, I have friends in Yorkshire and you never know.

Thanks for the advice, anger overcame sense, edited the pic

He needs a swag bag

See how easily it can all go beyond your control :)

Cracking image. This is why CCTV cameras need to be placed correctly. I see so many up in the eaves etc and all they are going to show is the tops of peoples heads.

I designed our drive with gravel and a path of slabs that would be nice and quiet for burglars to walk on. Said path was covered by 3 cameras that would get the faces.....Even if looking down.

Thumbs up for that.

BTW - good quality image. Never ceased to be amazed at how poor/verging on useless are the images we see from bank etc. security cameras. Questions need to be asked about that.

Meanwhile, back on subject, I hope the publicity leads to the low life being collared.

I find scum have a tendency of turning a bad situation to their favour.,
I would remove the posters you have put up before you become portrayed as the criminal in this situation

Out of interest what cameras do you have set up? I am looking for some and as mentioned above the image quality of yours is extremely good.

Lots of cracking kit out there and good results, yes you should never pop any flyers like that up, if that goes back to him he can sue you for defamation.
I live up road in Mirfield and that pick looks like about a 1000 scroats that live up top of town in the old council estate.

Out of interest what cameras do you have set up? I am looking for some and as mentioned above the image quality of yours is extremely good.

The cameras are labeled Annke, four PoE (Power Over Ethernet, only one cable to run) 720p cameras and a diskless DVR for £180 from ebay. Image quality is good and the IR night time image is brilliant, the PC interface is pretty clunky and needs an activex control so it only works with Internet Explorer. You can configure it using a mouse plugged into the DVR, still clunky, the remote view apps on iOS and Android do their job.

The cameras are labeled Annke, four PoE (Power Over Ethernet, only one cable to run) 720p cameras and a diskless DVR for £180 from ebay. Image quality is good and the IR night time image is brilliant, the PC interface is pretty clunky and needs an activex control so it only works with Internet Explorer. You can configure it using a mouse plugged into the DVR, still clunky, the remote view apps on iOS and Android do their job.

Don't suppose you have a link to the one you bought do you?

Mr Scrote™ was in court last Thursday with the possibility of being recalled to prison, at the moment I don’t know what he had been charged with. I have learnt that he lives close by and had recently done some garden work for my next door neighbour, she told the police he stole a sum of money from her.

He was sentenced to a community order of 60 hours unpaid work and fined £85 for prosecution costs.

I hope the unpaid work doesn’t include gardening :/

`kin judicial system is a joke. :punch: Community order!?!? :rolleyes:

At least you will be able to keep an eye on him when he's out & about in your area.

Mr Scrote™ was in court last Thursday with the possibility of being recalled to prison, at the moment I don’t know what he had been charged with. I have learnt that he lives close by and had recently done some garden work for my next door neighbour, she told the police he stole a sum of money from her.

He was sentenced to a community order of 60 hours unpaid work and fined £85 for prosecution costs.

He looks like scum and is scum.

Was that for your thefts or something else? did you get your stuff back at all?

Was that for your thefts or something else? did you get your stuff back at all?

I don't know all charges he faced in court but I will be able to find out next week, I didn't get anything back but a voice mail from the police mentioned compensation.
He denied taking the items I reported missing but did say he stole some lengths of wood from my property and used them in his own garden for fencing, weird! I hadn't noticed any wood missing.

Back