Bye bye RIAT - A10

Edit My Images
No
yyy-3.jpg

Cracking.. The one shot I was really after.. I was hoping to stick around for departures, but unfortunately I had to go to work.. :0(

Cracking.. The one shot I was really after.. I was hoping to stick around for departures, but unfortunately I had to go to work.. :0(

Thanks Jason.

I was very lucky and got to see the A10s, F-15s and the Vulcan. I'm sure I'm not the only one that gets a little sad when RIAT ends and Fairfords hibernates :(

Possibly my favourite plane , it has no right to fly lol !!!

Oh very nice too. Was you in field R to T..? A few went up the hills to see what went through the loop.. :0)

Was taken from Rhymes Farm. I was suffering from serious lens envy!!! :)

Was this flying on Sunday?, We were there on saturday and didn't see it fly, Would have really loved to see the warthog up in the air

No, A10s didnt display :( Neither did the F15s :(

zzz-1-2.jpg

Great shots, would also have like to see the A10 & F15 flying. I went to Totterdown Hill and thought it was a great location for photo's, no good for takeoff / landing shots though, but great for flying shots, just wondering if you have been there and how the 2 sites compare. Thinking ahead for next year :)

Cheers.

Great shots, would also have like to see the A10 & F15 flying. I went to Totterdown Hill and thought it was a great location for photo's, no good for takeoff / landing shots though, but great for flying shots, just wondering if you have been there and how the 2 sites compare. Thinking ahead for next year :)

Cheers.

Thank you :)

We nearly always go to Totterdown, but didn't this year.

My spin on locations -

Totterdown - great to watch the display. But you are not as close to the action as Rhymes. I think charge per vehicle.
Rhymes - Super close to runway. Great to watch display. If you really want to make the best of it, take a ladder / stand on your car roof. Arguably Rhymes is the best all round location. Charge per person. Can be £££££
Flyby camping - Great if runway in use is 27 (East to West). Super close for approach shots. £10 per car to park and view. Very friendly

Hope that helps :)

Nice shots. I have seen the A10 before and have some photos of it flying. I was fortunate to have good weather on the Saturday so I had a thoroughly good time.

The nose cone of that A-10 has taken a serious beating...but doesn't look like it's too bothered!

Lovely shots, especially the A10. I was lucky enough to see them in action many years ago...scary, very scary indeed.

We noticed that too. Wonder how it got so bashed?
The dents are caused by the refueling probe of said KC10,KC135. As the refueling receiver port is located in front of the cockpit. Cheers Steve

Back