Calling All Pentax & Samsung Users!!!!!!!

Following my clumsiness with my K20 and an insurance claim, have been forced to buy a K7 :) Not really had time to get out much with it yet, but loving the interface and size. Here;s an indoor macro shot. Need to familiarise myself with the menu's more though.

4942125705_5d1a520498_b.jpg

Following my clumsiness with my K20 and an insurance claim, have been forced to buy a K7 :) Not really had time to get out much with it yet, but loving the interface and size. Here;s an indoor macro shot. Need to familiarise myself with the menu's more though.

4942125705_5d1a520498_b.jpg

Thats a cracking shot. I am now awaiting delivery of a K20D then a similar learning process. Looks like a BIG step up from my Km :)

While here, I have to say how impressed I was with Park Cameras. Phoned for a new kit lens as I let mine go with the Km, unboxed but new 18-55 WR with hood for £50 + £5 P+P, arrived within 24 hours off ordering, superb :clap:

Thats a cracking shot. I am now awaiting delivery of a K20D then a similar learning process. Looks like a BIG step up from my Km :)

While here, I have to say how impressed I was with Park Cameras. Phoned for a new kit lens as I let mine go with the Km, unboxed but new 18-55 WR with hood for £50 + £5 P+P, arrived within 24 hours off ordering, superb :clap:

whats quite amazing though is that jacobs are selling the 18-55mm WR for £185 which means that your paying £135 more just to have a box with it lol

£55 delivred within 24 hours is still a good deal :) Was going to buy the DL II (£25) but thought I would splash out ! Had looked at 16-45 before changing body but tests did not show amuch improvement over "kit" lens, at this point I realised that the "kit" lens is actually very respectable. Still lusting after a 12-24 though ...

Hi all,

I'm selling my Tamron 90mm Macro in the classifieds in case any of you may be interested. Great Lens, love it to bits, but just don't use it enough and the cash could be better used elsewhere.

Linky

Tried to kill my K100D at britcar 24 hour with all the storms last weekend, and it still lives!

Guess my move onto a weather sealed body will wait for now, but on the plus having spotted the 360 flash going for £150 via dixons group compared to the usual £270 ish ive seen on park cameras, that does look like a good investment for now.

I'm very tempted by the DAL 35mm.

All I have right now as a fixed prime as a Manual A Series 50mm f/2 and I find its range not ideal, the 35mm I think can resolve that issue now.

I'd be interested in the 18-135 for when my 18-250 isnt needed, but the price suggested will be around the £500 mark which is a bit much I think, Sigmas 18-125 is half that already in cost.

Another K20 owner here.

I like the camera for it's solid feel and it's performance with lenses like the DFA100 and the 50-135 for close and slow or stationary subjects.

I did try to use it for aircraft photography and the results were not great due to slow AF and short lenses.

I now have a Canon for fast things and use the Pentax for slow things.

Just a heads up
Dixons have reduced the price on the AF-360FGZ Flash to £99.97 and the 100mm macro to £269.97

Just a heads up
Dixons have reduced the price on the AF-360FGZ Flash to £99.97 and the 100mm macro to £269.97

As have Curry's and PC World (all the same company, but if you have an account with one, you will not need to open another one).

Just got my 360. :D

Well i've got the 360 as well now, came yesterday and working nicely :)

Now am I right in thinking that I cannot do Wireless on the K100D, yet I could if it was an older *ist?

I've had a look into this, and the K100D does not support wireless with the pop up flash, says it requires two externals to support wireless, with one on the hotshoe.

Not a big issue anyway, not sure if I would have used it or not, but I know a future body I get will support it anyway.

Been interesting to see the K10D still received a firmware update within the past 12 months but the K100D not so since 2006, guess the knew which one was generating the most sales back then and still in constent use even till now ;)

Well I got my 360 flash, and it has been working fine, but the bugger is now stuck in manual zoom, the zoom button wont respond and just as it happens, it is needed for a shoot tomorrow, Argh.

From a tiny bit I can find on pentax forum, I dont think I can override this and that its an internal head jam??

edit: School boy error on my part. I put the wide angle deflector down to protect the main flash screen for travel and forgot to put it back up. Chalk that one up to experence I guess :blush:

Last edited:
Has anybody bought or tried the DA 35mm F2.4 AL Lens yet? I'm looking for items for the xmas pressie list, and this might just about fall into the price bracket if family join together.

Someone on Pentax Forum has used one and the shots from it are looking lovely. General feedback is quality remains sharp throughout the range and procudes nice dof focal blur at f/2.4

I have to admit, I may have this myself by christmas :)

New arrival here - just getting back into something more serious than point and shoot and picked up the Kx 2 lens kit for £399 at currys.
Looking forward to getting out this afternoon with it !
cheers

Hi all,

I'm having another crack at selling my Tamron 90mm Macro. Cracking Lens, but I don't use it as much as I thought I would. The money is better used elsewhere.

Take a look, there must be someone who is tempted!!

Rob

Have gone and ordered the 35mm f/2.4 now, so whenever park cameras can be bothered to send it my way, I can start testing it out!

Oh, bugger, I had no idea about that! Since when I was looking, SRS were going to be dearer with postage.

It is well worth dealing with SRS even if they are a few pounds more. Top outfit. (y)

I understood Park were decent to deal with as well, but this is sorta sucking right now, they have still not sent it to me yet and payment has been taken :(
Was ordered on the 31st at that, have even spoken with them on Thursday about it.

Thank another moan at them later today is on the cards.

On a sidenote about SRS, I have been browsing their used camera list and spotted an interesting K-7, seems the Pentax logo has turned pink somehow and its been discribed as unique!

Last edited:
I think the truth is that everyone has had a bad experience with one outfit or another. For me it was Park. The cashier got it wrong even after I pointed out his mistake then the management did everything they could to delay and avoid sorting the problem.

Another point - most shops can shift boxes quickly. You only find out how good they are when something goes wrong. My first 7D appears to be a duffer and SRS have gone into overdrive to sort it out. I currently have two of them. :cool:

I called them yesterday afternoon and the girl I talked with found some oddness going on, first it was checking with citylink and finding no delivery being listed, then checking the order note where they had the postcode wrong (for an area that doesnt exist) and then a backlog of orders at their warehouse and said it would be shipped soon.
Not sure if I am further forward or not on this one.

Back