Calling all Sony Alpha users! (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got mine from collegecameras and they where really quick with delivery.

The reviews on Dyxum all say that except for build quality the tamron is as good if not better as a lens. For 100+ quid less I can handle the plasticness of the lens :D

Im actually thinking of new lens, would love to get some good glass, probably some Zeiss but can`t decide which one. I havent tryied portrait yet but would love to but also many times im in situation i would use some wide angle lens and on the top of this really want to buy some fixed focal lenght lens. Any suggestions :D

BTW few times caught myself thinking if its worth to buy good lens for sony or just sell it and buy nikon :thinking: . Love the way how Nikon pics looks.

All alpha users are probably now gonna kill me :eek: hm? Although i love liveview on my a350 and really think i`d missed that.

First time poster - long time lurker!

I'm thinking of selling on my beercan and getting the Sigma 70-200mm f2.8.

I love my minolta 50mm f1.7 its great for portraits, especially with a 4 year old who cant keep still. On my A100 its comparible to have the much more expensive 70mm prime. Will probably only reconsider after the lottery win where I can afford full frame and all the G-glass to go with it

hi zebedee..and welcome :wave:

if your selling your beercan,expect a barage of offers on here as i think there's a few folk after the beercan lens..

now,on to a more serious matter...

what you really want is the 70-200 F/2.8 SSM G lens....we need more members to this exclusive club :rules: :LOL:

Went to buy a Sigma 24-70 today and everwhere is sold out :bang: Warehouse express have some on order, does anyone know how long it normally takes them to get stuff in?

have you tried microglobe in london?

just checked,and they apparently have them in stock...

http://www.microglobe.co.uk/catalog...nssony&cName=sigma-lenses-sigma-standard-zoom

the only problem is,they are grey imports,so don't get the sigma UK 3yr warranty.you do get the 1yr standard warranty though....

me and fabs got ours from there..and both are good copies (y)

have you tried microglobe in london?

just checked,and they apparently have them in stock...

http://www.microglobe.co.uk/catalog...nssony&cName=sigma-lenses-sigma-standard-zoom

the only problem is,they are grey imports,so don't get the sigma UK 3yr warranty.you do get the 1yr standard warranty though....

me and fabs got ours from there..and both are good copies (y)

Yeah i just looked and its saying in stock now :LOL: I'll order it now. I had trouble from microglobe before i ordered a lens and they changed the address to somewhere in Manchester. Luckily i saw the email before they sent it.

Hi all, I have a quick Sony related question. Ive won a Minolta beercan on ebay, does anyone know what kind of uv filter i'll need to buy for it? Will the same sort I got for my kit lens fit or do I need another sort? Sorry if its a daft question, but I want to protect the beercan's lens as soon as it arrives!

Hi all, I have a quick Sony related question. Ive won a Minolta beercan on ebay, does anyone know what kind of uv filter i'll need to buy for it? Will the same sort I got for my kit lens fit or do I need another sort? Sorry if its a daft question, but I want to protect the beercan's lens as soon as it arrives!

Both have 55mm threads so you would be OK. Not actually sure if a UV filter does the same job on digital as they did on film cameras. Most people just use UV or skylight filters for protection, if that is what you want then you would be better off with 2 filters and leave them on all the time.

Filters are not always a good thing - hoods and caps can offer more "protection" - filters can increase flare and degrade the image.

Before spending money have a read through this ...

http://www.gdanmitchell.com/2007/12/27/uv-filter-or-not

Why oh why do warehouse express have to get on my nerves.
Orderd a bag and they want bills and all sort to prove address so rang up and changed address.

Pain in the bum rant over sorry :LOL:

Why oh why do warehouse express have to get on my nerves.
Orderd a bag and they want bills and all sort to prove address so rang up and changed address.

Pain in the bum rant over sorry :LOL:

Those new tablets the doc prescribed not helping then? :D

Just about to join the 450D club with a Sigma 18-200 (bought from forum member nick). I understand Canon 50mm 1.8 is a must have lens, what other lens are must have within £100-£200 budget

Thanks

yeah,only got my A700 a few weeks back...and there never has been cashback on them,but a bargain all the same at £550(body only),and a truly great camera.
there was in Autumn/Winter 2007 when I got mine ... :p
'tis a great body though.

street prices were a lot dearer for it then so net I still ended up paying ~£50 more for it than you did. However, considering that I got a year's shooting out of it meantime I don't mind. :)

yeah,only got my A700 a few weeks back...and there never has been cashback on them,but a bargain all the same at £550(body only),and a truly great camera....enjoy your 450D(y)

there was in Autumn/Winter 2007 when I got mine ... :p
'tis a great body though.

Cashback on the A700 started in December 2007, the day I got mine. Actually had a phonecall from the manager of the shop on the way home to tell me about it.

i'm just glad i've got one now :D

only trouble is...the A350 isn't likely to see the light of day very often,so don't know wether to keep it,or sell it.it would be good to have a backup/second camera though,just in case!

It's the only reason I kept my A100.

It's the only reason I kept my A100.

yeah,i know marc....but if i sell it,it will aford me something else i may want/need :naughty:maybe some lighting,70-400..errrr scrap that one :LOL:

seriously though,i picked the 350 up the other day,and looked through the viewfinder and thought..nah,then put it back.if i knew jackie would use it,then i'd keep it for her anyway....but she might take better shots than i do which wouldn't be good :shake: :LOL:

matt....i was told by the post office it will be delivered by 1pm,so try not to get tooo excited tonight :LOL:

good stuff might miss it as Im not at home but will get it from the post office later on.

Warehouse express sent me another email asking for bills and things again so just rang them up to cancel I told them why and they didnt care so there you go :bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back