Calling all Sony Alpha users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the boffins at Sony get the ISO right on this camera, the results from the A700 are still not as good as I would expect from a leader in electronics.

Definitely! full frame doesn't bother me too much but decent spec @ high ISO would get me to shell out. I'm holding off upgrading to the A700 now in the hope that Sony announce something with better ISO performance at Photokina.

At first glance the new A900 doesn't seem to have much more of an edge over the A700. Apart from the 24mp and two processors, the rest seems pretty much the same. I am surprised at the 5fps, I was thinking they would go for at least 10fps, they have the two processors after all to cope with the speed....

The new 70 - 400 G looks tempting.........

At first glance the new A900 doesn't seem to have much more of an edge over the A700. Apart from the 24mp and two processors, the rest seems pretty much the same. I am surprised at the 5fps, I was thinking they would go for at least 10fps, they have the two processors after all to cope with the speed....

The new 70 - 400 G looks tempting.........

I read somewhere that the reason Sony are not going over 5fps at the moment is because they are reliant to some extent on existing Minolta glass to build a system. Apparently none of the classic Minolta glass was designed for more than 5fps.
It would be interesting to see if the new lens designs have apertures which can handle faster speeds or if they will eventually lean on their video camera technology to produce very high speed continuous shooting without opening and closing the aperture between shots.
Personally it doesn't bother me too much as 5fps is adequate for my motorsport needs.

Personally it doesn't bother me too much as 5fps is adequate for my motorsport needs.

5fps is fine for me too, although if Sony wanted to tempt some of the D3 users over to the A900 then a faster shooting rate would have to have been a must I would have thought. I can't see too many EOS 1Ds MkIII users wanting to swap over either, even for the extra 3mp or so..... Never mind, we'll have to wait a month or three until all the magazines have reviewed it before commenting seriously - unless Stan sells that Kidney and buys an A900 before too long then he can give us the low down on it.

I get the impression that they've listened to their users though.

BF/FF adjustment.
Automatically detects DT lenses, with APS-C marking in the VF
Top plate LCD (although I don't see the point of this)
100% viewfinder

New version 4 firmware now available for the A700. Allows you to turn High ISO NR OFF to get rid of the watercolour effect and apparently improves performance with regards to noise

See HERE

New version 4 firmware now available for the A700. Allows you to turn High ISO NR OFF to get rid of the watercolour effect and apparently improves performance with regards to noise

See HERE

Bear in mind, as I said in an earlier post. This firmware appeared on the Sony site yesterday and then disappeared again. It may be that it was not meant to be released and has been pulled. Personally I'm going to wait untl it is officially released ;)

Bear in mind, as I said in an earlier post. This firmware appeared on the Sony site yesterday and then disappeared again. It may be that it was not meant to be released and has been pulled. Personally I'm going to wait untl it is officially released ;)

Must have missed you earlier post :eek: Any idea why it was pulled?

No idea. There is talk that it is due to be released on the 16th but I haven't seen this on any official Sony sources. If it is due to be released then I can't imagine there would be any changes between now and then but if somebody made a beta version available by accident...........:eek:

my 1.4X teleconverter arrived today,so i thought i'd do some shameful pic whoring.....

DSC00963.jpg

DSC00961.jpg

DSC00964.jpg

just gotta learn how to get the best out of them now :thinking:

So... your address is? and tell me, what time of the day is your house most likely to be empty, but your kit still at home?

Yes Stan, that is shameful :razz:

:LOL:

Nice one mate. You have a awesome bit of kit there :clap:

lol..yeah sorry guys..didn't mean to stir things up..:naughty:

JPS...it'll stop when either of the following happen..

a/ my missus puts her foot down :crying:

b/my "personal" savings run out :bonk:

c/i'm dead :eek:

d'ya know fabs...at my age,i have trouble remembering where i live..or is it selective memory loss..:razz:

thanks andy..i love it :D

lol..yeah sorry guys..didn't mean to stir things up..:naughty:

JPS...it'll stop when either of the following happen..

a/ my missus puts her foot down :crying:

b/my "personal" savings run out :bonk:

c/i'm dead :eek:

d'ya know fabs...at my age,i have trouble remembering where i live..or is it selective memory loss..:razz:

thanks andy..i love it :D

Somehow I think a is the most likely, followed closely by b. Call it a hunch! :D

Just for info , put a new 18-70 kit lens for sale on classified if you know anyone wants one.

Thanks

Just for info , put a new 18-70 kit lens for sale on classified if you know anyone wants one.

Thanks

Just seen it, but looks like you put it in the Wanted section rather than the For Sale section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back