Calling all Sony Alpha users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for info in case people are unaware the Sony "M" series camcorder chargers work fine with the A200 batteries.
They can be picked up cheap £10/15 off ebay and usually include a car charger.

But not for the 300/350 I guess :shrug:

Hi Andy. Currys it was. I rang the local store and got them to search the Derby/Nottingham area on their system and they came up with 3 stores that still showed stock, one in Derby, one Nottingham, one Loughborough. Reduced to £99.97 - but mine was the display model, so I knocked them down to £90.

Thanks matey.
Good price.

I'll keep an eye out in our local then!!

welcome to the world of sony,frisbee (y)
on the subject of prime lens...look at some of the konica minolta lens,in particular the 50mm F/1.7 prime..it's a fantastic lens great for low light,portraiture etc and superbly sharp...you can get them on e-bay for £40-£50,and worth every penny as others will confirm.

Yes, good lenses although with all the recent Alpha activity, the prices seem to be going up on the ebay listings, more towards £60 - £70 on some sales.

I can't believe I missed this thread. Just moved from the A100 to the A350.

Having had a quick read through the thread (will have a proper read when I get more time) thought I would share a couple of things.

1. Watch out for ebay batteries even if they look like Sony and are sold in the UK. I purchased one cheap and it worked fine... just couldn't get the thing out again. Ended up having to bend a paper clip and fiddle for a couple of hours.

2. Battery grip - Cheapest I could find although I only found it once I had paid £7 more elsewhere.

Glad to find you all

Mel :love:

Thank you JPS

Question: Has anyone tried the Sony FDA-M1AM Eyepiece Magnifier on the 350?

hi all, this is my first post on this thread and i just want to say hello to all my fellow alpha users.

up to a month ago i was using the a100 and a very second hand minolta f2.8 28mm prime lens...then i had wee accident involving a water/camera interface and since then, thanks to a surprisingly pliant insurance company, i now use an a200 with a brand new sony f2.8 28mm prime lens.

at first i was a bit annoyed because the a200 is waaay cheaper than the a100 and i thought i was going to get an inferior product because of that. nope. i have to report that the a200 simply takes better photos and is easier to use than the a100 and i love it.

there you go, i'm sure some of our more, er, inexperienced members are a wee bit dazzled by my use of technical terms during this post but i'm sure most of the professional snappers got my drift!:D

seriously though, i consider myself, at best, to be a mediocre photographer and the camera/lens makes me look so much better than i have any right to be, and i've taken the best photos of life in the past month. the question is this, however, how much guilt should i feel about shooting using the dr+ feature? it produces images like the one below but i almost feel it's cheating.... anybody out there gonna calm my troubled mind?

zk06xs.jpg

That's a great pic! I bought a Sony 28mm f2.8 but haven't had a chance to use it yet. If that's what it's capable of (and all credit to the photographer of course ;)) then I'm gonna have to get using it.

how much guilt should i feel about shooting using the dr+ feature? it produces images like the one below but i almost feel it's cheating.... anybody out there gonna calm my troubled mind?

Why should you feel guilt at using the features of your camera? Do you feel guilty about turning the wipers on when you drive in the rain?

The puritans and zealots might sneer at using the full features of your camera but in the next breath they'll be saying that it's the photographer that takes the picture not the camera.

The bottom line is shoot what you like, how you like, manipulate and process it however you see fit, just like photographers have since the art was invented. If you produce an image that you are proud of then nobody can tell you there is anything wrong with the way you made it.

well,i got the sony 70-200 F/2.8 G lens today :woot: :woot: :woot:.i haven't taken any shots with it as yet as i've only just got back from london,plus it's not particularly nice weather as such,but i'll post some shots once i've taken some....

[jealous]:razz:[/jealous] I shall have mine soon!

Seriously though, enjoy and looking forward to seeing thise shots.

[jealous]:razz:[/jealous] I shall have mine soon!

Seriously though, enjoy and looking forward to seeing thise shots.

talking about jealous....my first port of call yesterday was calumet :eek:man,they have some serious gear in there,and i could have easily broken the bank of england :LOL: i think i came out of there with a frown on my face ;)

oh,and they had some sony lens and flash guns in a clearance sale,so if anyone is in the market for either of the above,it might be worth a call to see what they might have left....

http://www.calumetphoto.co.uk/drummondsale

Oh yes indeed myfriend, but you will also have to master the 'funny handshake' too.

I'm quite adept at the 'funny handshake', my good sir

It's just the balancing on one leg and not looking too conspicuous whilst doing it that I'm not so clever at ;)

I'm trying to sell my Nikon d50 kit at the moment, tempted to go Sony because of the in-body anti-shake. Saves a tonne of money, and if I get a multi-purpose tamron 18-250, then I'm set for pretty much all purposes!

What do you think?

I'm trying to sell my Nikon d50 kit at the moment, tempted to go Sony because of the in-body anti-shake. Saves a tonne of money, and if I get a multi-purpose tamron 18-250, then I'm set for pretty much all purposes!

What do you think?

I think you should go for it.
ASAP

:LOL:

Seriously, the Sony A's have alot to offer.
For the money, personally I think they have more to offer than MOST (if not ALL!) other DSLR's....

:D

Now to find somewhere that I can trade the ol d50 for a Sony at!

Will miss the kit though, even though its quite basic, slow sigma 18-50, Nikon 70-300G, 50mm f1.8 (a beaut though).

Stan, she'll kill you if she knows her images are now on the world-wide web :D

I'VE BEEN KILLED SO MANY TIMES,I DON'T HURT ANYMORE...:LOL::LOL::LOL:

mr pango....i'd sell your nikon privately,perhaps on here to get good money for it.dealers expect it for practically nothing in P/X..i was offered £120 for my A100 and i sold it for £200 on here with the 18-70 kit lens..

Anyone recomend a flash unit for the A200 other than the current Sony 42AM at just under £200 ?
Seen Jessops do a 360 for Sony at £99 , any comments or suggestions ?

Thanks

Anyone recomend a flash unit for the A200 other than the current Sony 42AM at just under £200 ?

Thanks

as posted above...look at the link i posted to the calumet site..they are doing the hv36 flash for £75 or something...i have one although i've not used it much yet..

Nothing on that site other than a F56M model at £240 , I"ll give em a ring on Mon thanks.

Thanks

Best camera have the F42AM for a lot less than £200 - see here

I bought my F56AM from them last year (for £100 less than Jessops) and the service was excellent.

cheers fabs and andy (y)

andy...get yourself one..it's only money :LOL:

It's only money that I don't have :bonk:

:LOL:

Seriously though mate, just out of interest, and if of you don't mind.....
What did it cost you?
You don't have to answer that.......

:eek:

HOLY

SHAT

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Nice one mate.
Sorry you had to sell the bike.
But the lens has got to be worth it. Hasn't it :shrug:
:D Sure it is!!!

Me being able to spend that much on a lens in never, NEVER going to happen. Sadly..........

:eek:

HOLY

SHAT

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Nice one mate.
Sorry you had to sell the bike.
But the lens has got to be worth it. Hasn't it :shrug:
:D Sure it is!!!

Me being able to spend that much on a lens in never, NEVER going to happen. Sadly..........

i couldn't see the point of keeping the bike with the last 2 summers we've had,so with the insurance,tax,tyres etc etc....i thought it best to let it go.i'd have never been able to get the lens otherwise.only thing is,i now need a teleconverter for more reach as i struggled a bit yesterday with only 200mm,even on a cropped sensor..so thats another £300 i'm gonna have to spend :bonk:

maybe in a few years these sort of lens will be available 2nd hand for not so much dosh..did minolta make a 70-200 F2.8? there may be a few of them floating around on e-bay :shrug:

less than 2 weeks until my redundancy comes through. Guess what part of it is going towards? :naughty:

did minolta make a 70-200 F2.8? there may be a few of them floating around on e-bay :shrug:

I did hear that the Sony G is a rebadged Minolta, but I've never been able to track down any on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back