Camera Equipment Design project

Name
Joe Wardle
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

**Firstly, I have asked for and been given permission of the staff to post this thread, and a staff member will hopefully be along asap to confirm this**

My name is Joe and I am a 4th year Meng student on the Product Design and Manufacture course at The University of Nottingham. I am currently at the start of my final year Major Project which I am basing on cameras and their accessories.

I have created a short questionnaire (which should take no longer than 10 minutes to complete) in order for me to gather the opinions of photography enthusiasts, like yourselves, and the sorts of equipment you use.

This is a very genuine post and I really hope that it isn't seen as spam - any responses will be truly appreciated and invaluable to my project.

Please follow the link below if you wish to help!

http://goo.gl/forms/oeCf1QUkP6

Thanks in advance, and please feel free to ask me any questions.

**Firstly, I have asked for and been given permission of the staff to post this thread, and a staff member will hopefully be along asap to confirm this**

Duly confirmed

Done

Done.
Though I feel the questionaire has been set by a non-photographer :)

Another done.

Done. But as I've said, tripods vary so much, so it's hard to answer blanket questions on aspects of tripods.

Thanks for the responses guys! The responses have been really interesting and helpful so far. I understand I have been fairly broad and general in some areas but the questions have been written in a way to help me produce a conclusion! This is not a full scale industrial project, just an individual student one at this stage :)

Done.

Is it that time of year again? I'm sure last years students had better structured questions. And why is it always tripods every year?

What would you suggest instead?
I don't know, but your lecturer had been recycling the idea for at least five years - always with the same idea of greater convenience and one handed operation.

I'd guess most serious or semiserious photographers have at least the two or three tripods of different sizes/portability because we've come to accept that there's always compromise and no design will ever by universal.

To use a well worn adage, a tripod can be:
  • Lightweight
  • Maximum stability
  • Affordable
Pick two.

For some reason you almost never find a new tripod idea in the tech section of kickstarter. Lots of other innovative and occasionally original ideas though.

Back