Camera Pet Hates?

Good grief, it's like the convention for grumpy old hacks in here. :LOL::LOL:

It's these things that are supposed to make us love our cameras. The Fuji 617 is the most daft machine that I've ever used. It's flaws are almost too many to list. On a Bronny SQ camera, if you lift the mirror and then decide that you want to drop it to check the frame before exposing a the film, it's a 20 mile journey round the houses to do it.

These are the two cameras that I have enjoyed working with the most over all the dozens I have had the pleasure of.

Oddly, people just don't seem to bond with digital kit in the same way. :thinking::shrug:
:LOL::LOL:

Didnt even get the rubber doodad with the 20D lol have to make it up i think lol

Never mind Ian - I wouldn't use it on principle. I just drop me hat over it on the rare occasions I need to use it.

GOG. :baby:

Re tripod (supposedly) quick release plates - as Shakespeare (probably) said...

2p or not 2p - that is the question

And he later (would have) added... "thank F-k for a lug on the screw that folds away and makes life easier for us all"

Next adding...

"If only those pc etc. connections had rubberised fixed panels as well - Romeo's task would have been easier"

Or some such...

LOL. Funnily enough the plate which comes with the ballhead I just got from redsnapper has that fold away lug.(y)

The fact that no matter how much you spend, no matter what the make or format you can't get one with a 20 years of experience button :nuts:

My Rant…

The one that gets me is why do they put the hot shoe in the wrong place for when you take a portrait shot in the "rare" occasion when you take a photo of another human and need to have the camera vertical with the flash on the left hand side of the camera???? :rules:

Two hot shoes anyone? – How hard can that be on a £3000 camera? :bonk:

Canon eyepieces’ that start to fall off after you have removed the eyepiece (to fit a rain cover or right angle finder)only 3 times….:wacky:

Stupid canon lens cover clips – get real please put them in the middle like the Nikon ones…

Why do I need to extend the iso range to get 3200 or 100 iso – if the camera can do it why bury the function put it on the normal range (button)…?
:bang:
If I can record a sound file with a photo – why can’t I play it back on the camera to check it has recorded ok??:bang:

If my camera can tell if I’m holding the camera vertical or horizontal when I take a photo why can’t it tell when I play the images back (and rotate it to suit)?:bang:

Why is the rear screen shiny? – If it was matt we could see the images better in sunlight?

How about an eyepiece that works well with glasses – I can’t be the only photographer that wears them can I????

Why can’t canon (and Nikon) make a flash that will keep up with the motor drive?

Why don’t the external flash connectors have a thread to stop the cord being pulled out (would help make it water proof as well)

Yep - hate mine on the D2Xs - the other covers are excellent, hard, rubberised, weather resistant and attached = brill. But those bloody little socket covers are a pain in t'ass and yep - lost em both

See?! THAT is the perfect excuse you need to buy....the D3!! Forget all the 9fps, full-frame and low-noise nonsense - the main selling point is that the covers are....yes....built-in! Worth £3,000 of anyone's money :D

Batteries go flat:annoyed:

:D

Ah, that's not proper auto-rotate though. I assume he's referring to the fact there's no sensor to detect what orientation you're holding the camera when viewing images.
My Canon S80 auto rotates pictures when you're viewing them if you hold it portrait style or regular.

1) The annoying way that the whenever I seem to pick up my D200, the thin bit of the strap is covering the rear thumb dial, making it impossible to change settings. The bloody thing has a life of its own!!!

2) The fact that I bought a vertical grip from my Nikon but stupid old me still finds it nesseccary to use the regular shutter button, even when shooting in portrait!!!!

The fact that I bought a vertical grip from my Nikon but stupid old me still finds it nesseccary to use the regular shutter button, even when shooting in portrait!!!!

Surely that's a self pet hate? ;)

The annoying way that the whenever I seem to pick up my D200, the thin bit of the strap is covering the rear thumb dial, making it impossible to change settings. The bloody thing has a life of its own!!!

Agree with that one. My 40D does it too. Drives me loopy :wacky:

When shooting portrait my other eye sometimes knocks the metering button.

i agree with...

-the lens caps needing thet lugs in the center rather than on the edge.
-neck strap getting in the way - Just bought a canon E-1 handsrap and removed the strap
-direct print button
-eyepeice is ruined after removing it a couple of times
-2p for quick release plates. - i have loads of lose change in my bag some where but they keep dissapearing.

things that get me are

- lenses should come with hoods regardless.
- battery indicater, its full, half full then 5 shots later its empty!

Good call on those stupid little Nikon plugs which you're almost guaranteed to lose... used to really annoy me that!

Yep, lost three of the damned things off my 200 now.........:thumbsdown:

on the 400d you have to scroll through a menu to change your shooting mode, on the 350 it would change with one press of a button :/

I think it's great that you buy a nice metal body camera and then they fit a stupid plastic battery cover :thinking: And why do they insist on painting the hotshoe and the first time you use it the paint scrapes off :wacky: thankfully not on my new camera.

Back