Beginner Camera strap

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
The camera strap issued with my Nikon D700 is crap

Can anyone recommend a decent replacement with comfort in mind.

Thanks in advance

I have a black rapid strap. Whilst it takes some getting used to, it is considerably more comfortable than the stock one.

The camera straps that Nikon supply with their cameras are cheap and nasty, they cut into the back of your neck, I picked up a good one from the local charity shop for £3 so it might pay you to do the same.

+1 for the black rapid. I have the sport sling and love it. So comfy and practical.

On the D750 thread the peak design slide gets good reviews.

I use the optech one at the moment.

I got one of these a while back and I'm very impressed. ExPro Black Antislip Neoprene Quick Sling Rapid Camera Shoulder Strap

Yup Peak Design Slide is excellent very much love mine..

Check the talk equiment section for me recent topic on secure straps. The search button is your friend.

Most people recommend the peak design slide or black rapid.

I find the "Peak Design Slide SL-2" excellent and well worth the price. Also the connectors work across the range with wrist straps etc my smaller cameras.

I use OpTech, but plenty of choice out there to match your budget. I would recommend one that is made of neoprene or similar, as it absorbs movement and makes the kit feel lighter.

I use a black rapid and its sooo much better than the standard icon strap, especially once you start using heavy lenses.

My brother recommended the
'Case Logic Quick Grip DSLR Hand Strap'

Peak design is the best camera strap I have ever used and I have used a lot over the years.

I have recently purchased the peak design slide and I love it. Makes carrying the d750 and sigma 150-600 so much easier and a dam sight more comfortable when I'm out with the dogs.

I don't like the slide at all. I use the black rapid cross shot. See if you can try them somewhere. All fit differently.

Depending on application I go with;

OpTech for heavier kit or long hours as they are so comfortable,
Artisan & Artist,
Wapiti Straps,
Cordy Straps

All of the above are comfy but I would avoid Cordy for heavier loads, if you want something more fancy then look at Annie Barton 1972, Tie Her Up and Child of Laborer.

The only problem I found with Black Rapids was the metal swivel buckle on the strap can catch and mark the base of your camera, not a lot, but if you don't want scratches at all, it may be an issue.

Back