Can anybody help remove this lady from my photograph?

Name
Ciaran
Edit My Images
Yes
View attachment 48447 I am hoping this thread doesn't spawn a 4chan-esque mickey-take but it's a risk I'm prepared to take. ;)

I have this lovely photo of friends taken on a trip to Portugal last week but the lady in black at the back is not part of our group and distracts from an otherwise lovely photograph. I hope to send an edited version to the father in the centre of the shot but my Photoshop skills coupled with the content-aware brush aren't yielding any encouraging results.

http://s1117.photobucket.com/user/Ciaran_Dearden/media/1510110072_zpscscbxnuk.jpg.html

Any help from you whizzes would be very, very much appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

EDIT: I am struggling to upload a RAW version so please say if that is easier!

Attachments

• 1510110072.jpg
    1510110072.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
Do you know where I can upload either the RAW file or a full-size version? Yours is a grand effort but for the hair on the girl in the centre which appears a bit...wild.

1. You may try Dropbox as all the file transfer with my students is done.
2. For that purpose, don't send RAW but uncompressed jpg! Tiff is an overkill.

As others have said it's a bit difficult with the low res image!

There's no such thing is there?.

Yes sir, there is!
As RAW is not an image but a data recording. A RAW converter will create a jpg image
with a compression option or output quality from 0% (maximum compression and lower
quality) to 100% (and everything in between) for no compression
and better quality. The
saved file will be an image that contains no channel layers since this is the appanage of
the tiff format.

Yes sir, there is!
As RAW is not an image but a data recording. A RAW converter will create a jpg image
with a compression option or output quality from 0% (maximum compression and lower
quality) to 100% (and everything in between) for no compression
and better quality. The
saved file will be an image that contains no channel layers since this is the appanage of
the tiff format.

I'm fairly sure you're wrong. (That's a polite way of saying that you're wrong ;-) )

100% quality doesn't mean no compression. JPEG is a lossy format so there is always some compression.

I'm fairly sure you're wrong. (That's a polite way of saying that you're wrong ;-) )

100% quality doesn't mean no compression. JPEG is a lossy format so there is always some compression.

Ok, I'm wrong… but your problem is not solved!
Recent converters all adopted the lossless jpg publishing format as the
non compression option renders a tiff like quality without the layers.

If it were like you say, no one would ever send a jpg to a printer or lab!

Yes!
NEVER SEND OUT RAWs!

Why? Nothing wrong with sending out a raw file. Okay they won't get a raw file back, but it allows the editor the maximum about of data to work with at the start of the process.

If it's the family group of 4, then how about removing the others also :D
If someone would be so kind, haha. I had intended just to crop out those on the left and right but having witnessed the artistry on show here, would be most grateful if all but the family of four plus child could be removed.

[emoji1]

See above. Quite happy to scrap the lot of 'em (the non-family, that is)! [emoji106]

I made an effort but I've screwed up the paved area. :(

8VMTvwP.jpg

Yes!
NEVER SEND OUT RAWs!

Why?

Ok, I'm wrong… but your problem is not solved!
Recent converters all adopted the lossless jpg publishing format as the
non compression option renders a tiff like quality without the layers.

If it were like you say, no one would ever send a jpg to a printer or lab!

Dude... JPEGs are compressed with a lossy compression technique... even 100% or quality 12 (depending on which software you use).

Last edited:
Back