Can I insure any photographic equipment bought online? (Digital Rev, E-infinin, etc..)

Name
Nishad
Edit My Images
No
I bought a canon EF 16-35mm F4 from digital rev and I'd like it to be insured but I'm not sure if its possible as its from overseas and from an online store. Im looking to buy a Canon 5D Mark IV as well.. Need some help Thanks folks

I bought a canon EF 16-35mm F4 from digital rev and I'd like it to be insured but I'm not sure if its possible as its from overseas and from an online store. Im looking to buy a Canon 5D Mark IV as well.. Need some help Thanks folks
If you have a receipt I presume they cannot refuse to insure it. Check the small print or contact the insurer and ask before you buy.

Warranty only applies to Grey's, you can put pretty much anything on insurance as long as you proof ownership.

As already suggested by previous replies, best thing is to check with your insurer on what they require as proof of ownership.
With more expensive items you may also need to have them individually specified to your insurer in order to be covered - but it does depend on the specific policy.

I have done this and successfully claimed on such an item
however, there was an issue which was the understanding of the insurance company as to the cost of the full amount of the kit.
for example, if you say you have £5k of kit, but they tot up the full amounts to be nearer £8k because you didn't buy from jessops, then they can call foul.
I've been able to justify this and replacement myself, some from overseas and some from wex (which was a great option on the canon 50mm 1.4 at the time) but then had to revise the full listing of my equipment afterwards to take this into account. Very reasonable all round but something to keep in mind.

Have been looking into this as I have a bit of a selection now not sure where to start to be honest .....

Back