Canon 1D X Mk II Owners Thread

LBJNBA no through ProAv however, the registration for the card etc has nothing to do with where you purchased the camera.

This is the email Canon sent me.

We regret that we have been unable to complete the processing of your application as we are missing the required serial number and valid receipt / proof of purchase for the product(s) in question. We are unable to proceed with your application without this critical information. A valid receipt must clearly show the name of the retailer, the name of the product you purchased and the date you purchased the product

Im starting to think now they didn't get the picture I sent, I'm going to try again and see what happens.

Mine was easy, register ser number on site, they confirm by email, another email saying log in details and link to check progress, another email saying now approved, waiting for card and reader. :)

Me too, so far no problems....for the UK one.

As has been said before, in the US the CFast card and reader come in the original box along with...wait for it... A PAPER INSTRUCTION BOOK!!..........:banana::banana::banana:

Jason and I have had a chat...await results!!

George.

A very informative chat with George, "thanks bud" Tried a few things differently and still cant get it to work.. Its so fustrating

Yea, I can't understand what's happening, mine's working perfectly.

Hope you can get it sorted, Jason, but good to have a chat anyway!!

Am going to do a test between the 2 bodies....have GPS switched on on 1 body and beside it the other without the GPS to see how much it uses the battery....no experience of the GPS function...anyone used it a lot and if so any good?

Seems to work if you are near a window (or of course outdoors).

George

Just got my CFast card from the Canon promotion in Europe.....allegedly from Ireland but sent from Germany. I can't understand why they just didn't include it, the cost saving might have allowed them to give a free paper instruction manual!!

Anyway, I decided to give it the SanDisc sanitiser treatment as suggested by SanDisc (although it's not in the info that comes with either the card or the reader!!) and when it had finished, I ejected it from my Mac.

When I plugged it back in, I get an error message saying it can't be read so I then formatted it in the camera as I would normally do anyway with a fully erased card, and it's fine now.

I wonder if Lexar (and for that matter Transcend) recommend a similar procedure?......

Bit of a pain!!

George.

Got my free Cfast and reader too, a day over 3 weeks to get it. :)

George maybe this:-

Note: Following the format operation the card will need to be initialized by formatting in a camera or with the Mac Disk Utility

Is the reason the Mac failed to read after the low level format.

Last edited:
Got my free Cfast and reader too, a day over 3 weeks to get it. :)

George maybe this:-

Note: Following the format operation the card will need to be initialized by formatting in a camera or with the Mac Disk Utility

Is the reason the Mac failed to read after the low level format.

Mine arrived today, I applied on the 25th of Aug, so under 2 weeks!!

Yes I'm sure you are right re the formatting, but the non existent instructions need to be made existent!!...nothing in the card packaging to help you!

My card reader and card finally got approved, had to mail Calumet and they sent me the invoice I needed instantly.

Hi @George - it was the Canon 100-400mm L II with a 1.4x III converter.

I've been using that combo quite a bit, Mark, also the 400 DO mk2 with the 2x and the f8 performance is I feel absolutely great, don't you agree?

I think, unlike the mk1, this was really designed to work at f8 from scratch, and it does!!

I've been using that combo quite a bit, Mark, also the 400 DO mk2 with the 2x and the f8 performance is I feel absolutely great, don't you agree?

I think, unlike the mk1, this was really designed to work at f8 from scratch, and it does!!

Agreed. The f8 AF on the mark 1 was flakey because it was essentially a firmware change not a hardware change - the AF sensors were never designed to work at f8. I use the 1.4x on the 100-400mm all the time now, as well as a 2x on my 600m giving 1200mm f8 with all focus points - amazing!

The field would appear to be enabled by the selection of previous fields, George.
Set GPS to <Mode 1> or <Mode 2>
Set GPS logger to <Enabled>
Select time from the next field....10 minutes to unlimited.

It would seem that it uses the last position data (within the set time limit) if the GPS isn't being updated.

EDIT....Page 221 of the updated user manual
Bob

Last edited:
Thanks, Bob, will check in the morning, will download the new manual as well.......I updated both of my bodies so couldn't compare..

10% off all bar 5d4 at Frampton Fair at Clifton Cameras stand. No I don't work for them. Also 10% if Fuji. So if you aren't far from Glos, come grab a bargain. :D

The field would appear to be enabled by the selection of previous fields, George.
Set GPS to <Mode 1> or <Mode 2>
Set GPS logger to <Enabled>
Select time from the next field....10 minutes to unlimited.

It would seem that it uses the last position data (within the set time limit) if the GPS isn't being updated.

EDIT....Page 221 of the updated user manual
Bob

Yup that's it, Bob, thanks, I hadn't gone that far in to the settings (or RTFM........!!!)

Best, George.

Back