Canon 1Ds MkIII £3,000

Edit My Images
Yes
I've just come across this ad and if I had the cash I'd pursue it, although I have my doubts as to how anyone could be offering the MkIII so cheaply.

http://www.gumtree.com/london/04/18396304.html

If you get it please let me know, so that I can kick myself for not borrowing the dosh :crying:

If you tried to do cash on collection, they'd probably mug you :D...

What's the standard price for a 1DS? If it's only 20% or so cheaper, I could believe it.

The 1Ds Mk III retails from low to high 5 grand.

This person has picked one up at good price, has only opened the box to check contents and is selling it (assuming at a profit) for 3 grand?!

I wouldn't go near this. It doesn't add up at all.

Mine cost be a few pence over £4K from the USA. Even if its a canon employee that has snagged one at a good price, 3K just doesnt sound right.

:(:(Hmmm..... No picture of camera, only of box:(:(

Theres also a ef300 f2.8LIS on there, advertised at a stupid price.
The giveaway is on this item is:

newly equipped with an Image Stabilizer
I thought it was fitted as standard :thinking:

If it looks too good, Steer clear

Gumtree used to be great for finding secondhand bargains - I've had some brilliant buys through there and met some nice genuine people.
It's crammed full of fraudsters now though, a real shame.

Well, it's no longer on the webpage, so either someone's got a very good bargain, or it's been removed by admin.

Its a scam, there are a bunch of those posts on there. Always from someone in London, if you call them they are usually in Birmingham. Its the old collect and then get robbed.

I'mmore than willing to sell a picture of a 1Ds mk3 if anyone feels like parting with £10k??

Anyone.........?

Back