Canon 5D MK I 'classic' - owners thread

Out of interest are you using any exposure compensation? When I got mine I found it over exposed compared to what I was used to and was advised this was usual and to set exposure compensation at minus one stop or slightly less. Seems to work for me but according to the video I think you posted, you should ETTR to get the best of the sensor especially at higher ISOs. Conflicting advice as usual!

I did try adding a 1.3rd stop on some Archie but found it best not doing so.agreed a bit conflicting, still early days for me, stumbling a bit in the dark lol no pun intended but getting a bit more used to it.
thanks

You seem to be enjoying the camera, not bad for £200 or so. I just really like the way it renders colours. Do you ever do any work!

You seem to be enjoying the camera, not bad for £200 or so. I just really like the way it renders colours. Do you ever do any work!
ha ha ha thanks Archie,i am really enjoying the camera, its a joy to use.

I am 67 and basically nearly retired as a self employed barber. I do about 16 hours a week ,at least till I finally hang up the scissors :)

omg I love this camera,Nirvana at last.quick hurried shot, nothing special but wanted to register a shot on here for future ref. ,don't even know what setting I had but Im going to keep this camera forever .just ordered the canon grip for it.
IMG_8913 by Chris B, on Flickr
5d and grip for sale £175 -------coming soon to the classifieds.

Back