Canon 5D Mk2...i think i got it

Name
TREVOR
Edit My Images
Yes
ordered a Canon 5d mk 2 yesterday from Amazon.co.uk for £1,999 & they estimate delivery will be dec 2nd....looked on the site this morning & they are now out of stock & est 4 weeks delivery time & the price is now £2,238....my order is still on for 2nd december...hope i get it

Nice one, you should get it. They are flowing in the UK now (although I've not heard a peep from RGBTech regarding my order)

Let us know what you think when it arrives!

fingers crossed....gotta find a decent lens now

I called Play today. "Its not in stock... Yes I know that, it says... We have no further information sir... *sigh*" I ordered on the 24th Sept so theres a chance I'm high up in the queue, maybe. Just they can't say. My order has apparently been taken on their site but payment hasn't afaik.

I called Play today. "Its not in stock... Yes I know that, it says... We have no further information sir... *sigh*" I ordered on the 24th Sept so theres a chance I'm high up in the queue, maybe. Just they can't say. My order has apparently been taken on their site but payment hasn't afaik.

I think it would be safe to assume that the day you notice payment go out, it will arrive in 2-3 days. I would be suprised if you get one this year though. :shake:

Its hard to say. I know people who have them and they pre-ordered around the same time or later. Just depends on the shop and stock levels. Play wasn't the wisest of choices but it was £300 cheaper.

Didn't you just order yours Andy? I'd be very very surprised if you got on this year.

Mine is still set for 1st Dec despatch with Amazon also. Don't know why I am worried about despatch dates, I'm not allowed to open it until Christmas Day anyway! :(

You have to, Distance Selling Regs only give you 7 days to return the item so you need to check it the moment it arrives (y) :LOL:

Didn't you just order yours Andy? I'd be very very surprised if you got on this year.

Yup, only ordered Tuesday! So I am sure you are rright. As said it is a chrimbo/birthday pressie anyway. My wife will wrap a picture of one if we don't get it, so at least I will have something to unwrap on the day! :) Oh forgot I have a UDMA CF Card which I can unwrap!! :LOL:

I want this camera :(

Dabs still have these listed @£1889 - but have none in stock for 1-2 weeks. But it doesn't stop you ordering it at that price ;)

Scratch that..

Anyone in the UK have one in their hands yet, or on the 'list'?

Last thing I heard, Amazon were quoting nothing until after 24th Dec?

I suspect many of the dates quoted on Amazon etc are going to fall behind. Jessops as I understand has the lions share of the first UK units, but their pre-orders have been overpopulated for months.

You lose your UK warranty with Digital Rev though. Lens are international I think but bodies aren't.

my amazon order is still showing 2nd dec as delivery date but still not despatched as yet....i have emailed them to clarify the situation

Have they taken any money? Play have told me that they have none in stock. The CS people are basically human interfaces to their website, as in they dunno jack. "Its out of stock" which I knew because it says out of stock. I rang to get a little bit more info. Has it been in stock yet? Have orders been filled? Are they getting any soon? 3-28 days for their next delivery. Useless people. So I have no real info, no estimated delivery date or anything. Its a saving of £300 but the price of 0 info is quite high. I'd love to get it before the London meet but I guess I'd settle for before Xmas.

still not been dispatched but estimated delivery is 2nd dec ??????

Lots of the other big forums have 5d2 users on now. DPReview, Fred Miranda, POTN, have test videos and photos on. People bitching on all. 5d2 vs d3, d700, 1d, 1ds, next doors box of kittens in a fluffy cuteness test. Jessops have sent out some, and I even read that someone ordered a kit from WE today and got confirmation that it would arrive tomorrow. Thats cold :(

Unless you are desperate Pete, I'd stick to the Play order.

Personally I expect RGBTech to come through my with my pre-order @ £1799.

The world will keep turning if I don't get it ASAP...

Frustrated more so. Play can't give me any info and its annoying. If I knew it was Jan 1st or Jan 15th or Dec 21st or Dec 5th I'd be ok. But they could cancel my order, change the price, not get any for months and not tell me... Just a bit more info :)

Just got this back from Amazon when I raised the query:

"After looking into your enquiry, I have checked your order #xxx and we are still waiting on the following item to be delivered to us by our supplier "Canon Digital SLR Camera EOS 5D Mark II".

Please note that this item is displayed on our website with the following availability message "Usually ships in 2 to 4 weeks".

When you place an order with us for a product we do not have in stock (such as products where the availability on our product detail page states that it is "Usually ships in 2 to 4 weeks""), we endeavour to source that product for you from our suppliers, and we expect to be able to dispatch your order within that time frame.

For more information on availability please click:

The availability estimate of this item have been decided on the basis of information from the suppliers, and they expect to supply them within the estimated time listed above. Each item in our catalogue has an availability estimate referring to the amount of time it usually takes for the item to arrive at our Fulfilment Centre.

However, may I assure you that we are trying to procure it from a number of suppliers and we are not limited to only one supplier for fulfilment of this item and I have passed this information to the relevant department for our company consideration.

Please be rest assured that, once we receive an item it is dispatched according to the method you specify.

We now expect to dispatch your order by the date listed in Your Account: December 17, 2008 - December 29, 2008.

When we dispatch it from our Fulfilment Centre well send you an e- mail confirming the date, contents and method of delivery."

Ah Well! :shrug:

Thats to be expected, but what about all the others who came before you? Not to rain on your um... 1 man parade :)

Back