Canon 600D Official Owners Thread - Anything 600D Related

Will check that book out....and I have just been very naughty - bought my sigma 10-20mm - amazon seem to have it on lowest price at the moment at £370.........oops!

let me know how it is as thats the type of lens i am missing

I brought this the other day though paid over the odds at waterstones but it is a great book very helpfull.

yeah i like it too, haven't read it all yet though

Has anyone tried extension tubes with the standard kit lens? Im looking for a cheap way into macro and beens as though the camera has blown all funds it needs to be very cheap!

Has anyone tried extension tubes with the standard kit lens? Im looking for a cheap way into macro and beens as though the camera has blown all funds it needs to be very cheap!

sorry i cannot help with this question, i would love the 100mm L macro lens but would be interesting to hear about these extension tubes... anyone have them?

I'm gonna be buying one of these when eventually I sell my guitar and camcorder. I'll also be looking to buy the 50mm lens aswell. Think it looks really nice with it.

Is there anything I'd need to know about the camera before I get it?

its a great camera, had mine a couple months now and i have not found any problems at all, i find the swivel screen great and its also good to fold away the screen to protect it. go buy it now LOL

but to be honest have a good feel of it in the shop to be sure :)

Got mine about a week ago only took photos in auto mode but I've been well impressed with the quality of the photos way better than the compacts I've had before.

Got mine about a week ago only took photos in auto mode but I've been well impressed with the quality of the photos way better than the compacts I've had before.

this your first dslr camera? it was my first purchase...would recommend the book i mentioned further up the thread, helped me a lot to understand the camera as it is specific to the 600D

this your first dslr camera? it was my first purchase...would recommend the book i mentioned further up the thread, helped me a lot to understand the camera as it is specific to the 600D

It sure is, I wanted one before but brought a panny Tz10 instead on the advice of my missus (never listenend to her since!) though the tz10 is a good enough camera I was always dissapointed by the results. I have the book its excellent however Im still not sure on the f stops section.

Any links to an easy video tutorial?

Cheers

Rich

It sure is, I wanted one before but brought a panny Tz10 instead on the advice of my missus (never listenend to her since!) though the tz10 is a good enough camera I was always dissapointed by the results. I have the book its excellent however Im still not sure on the f stops section.

Any links to an easy video tutorial?

Cheers

Rich

I have the Panasonic tz10 had it for about 4 years and keeping it to use along side my 600d done me well since I bought my 600d? If you type on canon 600D into YouTube their is a few videos, love the digital rev videos there great and funny!

Last edited:
The postman was my friend today - no bills (always a bonus!) & 2 parcels - my lovely Siggy 10-20 (cant wait to try it out tomorrow!), and the book 'snapshots to great shots'...looks like a blissful evening ahead of me then!
Chris, I will post some shots once I have some with my new lens.

hey everyone, i also have this 600d fever going on. Brought mine with the 18-135mm from a canon employee for only £590 delivered. since then i have brought the 430ex speedlite and cpl filters too, though i am looking for a new portrait so confused between the canon 85mm 1.8 or tamron 28-75mm 2.8

Hi all, kinda killing two birds with one stone here's this is my first posting after registering last night. I've had my 600D since may last year, it's a great camera, previously had a Nikon D3000 which to be honest disappointed me. I saw some shots a friend had taken with a 550D and his 5D mk1 and the image quality made go for aCanon. I previously owned a Canon A1 for many years and loved it.
So far I've bought a Canon 55-250 (which I'm about to put on eBay) a Canon 50mm 1.4, fantastic lens, a Tamron 18-270 (reason the 55-250 is going on eBay) and last weekend I bought a 2nd hand Sigma 10-20 f4.5. Took a few shots last Sunday and so far I'm well impressed. Even shooting at 1/30 sec and no IS the results were superb.
I also bought a 430exii and a battery grip, my rediscovered photography bug is going to bankrupt me ;-)
I'd love a FF preferably the 5D mk2 but it's scarily expensive, so I'll get to grips with my 600D until the 5D mk3 comes out next year and get a hugely discounted mk2 (I wish !)
Anyway good to be onboard, picked up a few useful tips so far, I.e the back button focus. Looking forward to posting some pics soon.

I'm glad people are finding the back button focus helpful. :)

I too would love a 5D2 but the price is scary!
One day Rodders...

I got a £17 bag from Amazon as an interim bag but I really like it and will be using it for some time!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001J4K2G8

Currently in it is:

600D with 18-55mm kit lens attached
50mm 1.8
55-250mm IS MKII with ET-60 hood attached
Charger & cables
A small torch
Spare LP-E8 battery
8x AA batteries
Wireless remote
Filters
Nikon Coolpix for those times I CBA to get the DSLR out

It still has room to spare and the padded shoulder strap is comfy enough. :)

Ordered the same bag off amazon it arrived, looked great but one problem, the strap appears to have been sewn on the wrong way one end and is constantly twisted unless this is how its meant to be? Gutted as I wanna get out and take some shots but I need something to carry it in!

Ordered the same bag off amazon it arrived, looked great but one problem, the strap appears to have been sewn on the wrong way one end and is constantly twisted unless this is how its meant to be? Gutted as I wanna get out and take some shots but I need something to carry it in!

Gutted! :crying:
I've had a look at mine and both ends are the same and the strap isn't twisted.
Is there nothing you can do to make it workable?

Gutted! :crying:
I've had a look at mine and both ends are the same and the strap isn't twisted.
Is there nothing you can do to make it workable?

Not unless I cut the strap and sew it back on. Hopefully Amazon will send me a new on sharpish.

Had my first time out with the camera today, went to the local park with my daughter and got some reasonable shots all using the auto modes at the moment. The park was busy and at first I was a bit self conscious having the camera but after a few shots I was fine and trying to get some action shots.

Hi I bought my 600 with the 18-55 kit lens in November. I have since bought 50mm 1.8 which I love! I have been mostly shooting in av mode and still not had a chance to take it outside to get some shots.

I thinking of adding a Tamron 70-300mm lens to my kit next.

Had my first time out with the camera today, went to the local park with my daughter and got some reasonable shots all using the auto modes at the moment. The park was busy and at first I was a bit self conscious having the camera but after a few shots I was fine and trying to get some action shots.
Yeah I know the feeling, its symptomatic of the society we live in when you feel uncomfortable taking pics of your kids in a park.

Hey All, just spotted this thread. I am a fellow 600D owner, with the 18-55mm and 55-250mm. I had upgraded from a nex-5 as I wanted to progress further with photography. I think I will be looking to buy the canon 50mm prime in the next few months, and then I hope that I will stop looking at lenses as its costing more than I wanted :D

Does anyone have any recommendations for a tripod for the 600D? I have a really light weight one, but it is just not sturdy enough.

Hi I bought my 600 with the 18-55 kit lens in November. I have since bought 50mm 1.8 which I love! I have been mostly shooting in av mode and still not had a chance to take it outside to get some shots.

I thinking of adding a Tamron 70-300mm lens to my kit next.

2 great lenses! If the nifty fifty isnt on my camera, then the tamron is! Its so versatile and clean..I love it.

Am just waiting for some decent weather and some days off to co-incide before I get out and play with my siggy 10-20mm....

any of you 600D owners have a macro lens? if so what, or what would you recommend? really want the 100mm 2.8 L lens but its dear, was thinking maybe the 60mm f2.8 non L lens

hey

i got delievery of this last week.

got the 17-105 and the nifty fifty

lookin at gettin a L lens soon hopefully - save some money first!!

hey

i got delievery of this last week.

got the 17-105 and the nifty fifty

lookin at gettin a L lens soon hopefully - save some money first!!

good choice mate its a great camera! i have the nifty 50 and the 24-105 L lens and love it

get saving :)

Hi bought a 600d kit on wednesday from currys £619 inc spare battery and wireless remote came with voucher for £100 training session and DVD

here is a photo taken with the 100mm macro on my 600 D not much out at tho mo but it will do for now

scaled.php

here is a photo taken with the 100mm macro on my 600 D not much out at tho mo but it will do for now

scaled.php

nice shot, how close roughly were you to the water drop?

about 3inch not the best need to improve technique more than a any thing good lens

I am hoping to buy the 600d in the near future, can anyone tell me if there is any limit on the time that you can shoot long exposures, and can you use a remote shutter release.

30 seconds and bulb and I am using my old remote shutter from my 1000d wireless ones can be bought from the bay for a couple of quid

Great thanks, i was hoping that i could use it for long exposures and you have answered my question.

Trust me mate, that is never, ever going to happen :D

Second that I have 2 primes next is 10-20 then a L seriese of some sort then I like the look of the sigma 50-500 for wildlife or would a 400 L series be better then again just get myself both .. See it never stops its like a bloody drug addiction

so do you guys buy zooms and primes say you have a 24-105 L would you buy a 35 L even though the zoom covers that range?

Hi
Just joined TP after buying Canon 600D in October. My first DSLR too!

Back