Canon Camera and lens found ( Hockley Essex )

Name
Allen
Edit My Images
Yes
A friend of mine who is not a photographer found this , If you lost it and have a serial number or can give details of the photos on the memory card please contact me .

My friend has tried the Police route , Not interested , could not get into the local police station , They only want you to use the phone , He is not a criminal and objects to giving ALL his personal data on the reporting web site ,

My friend has tried the Police route , Not interested , could not get into the local police station , They only want you to use the phone , He is not a criminal and objects to giving ALL his personal data on the reporting web site ,

Ah! It is not obvious, presumably until you start the online report, how intrusive the process might be :(

Edit ~ I thought what about camera clubs.........not one in Hockley but various around the area

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=h...roid-motorola&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Last edited:
Best thing to do is take one image from the card and post it on Facebook, it's one of the few things FB is really good at!

Neither of us do facebook

I have a vague memory of reading/seeing mention that where Flickr has EXIF if you do a Flickr search based on camera serial number it will find all images from that camera???

Can anyone who does facebook list this with a link to here ?

I think we may have found the owner ... there were a couple of posts when I searched on Facebook so I have private messaged them too.

Edit: They may not be able to message you on here. If you PM me your email address or phone number, I will PM them with it - two people have posted messages about it.
View attachment 131228

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 14.24.56 copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 14.24.56 copy.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
if the camera is registered with Canon they may be able to do a check via the serial number

I think this this my camera! I lost it on Wednesday in Hockley woods (at least that's the last time I remember having it). Sorry, but I can't work out how to send you a personal message on this site. I can certainly prove it's mine if you could please contact me.

Welcome to TP, Ben.

To send a private message (confusingly called a conversation by the forum software), click on the member's user name then click the "Start a Conversation" button and follow the instructions. You might need to have made a few posts before the function is enabled. Might be worth contacting the administrators/moderators by using the Contact Us button near the bottom of the page to see if they can help you establish private contact with F1.2.

I think this this my camera! I lost it on Wednesday in Hockley woods (at least that's the last time I remember having it). Sorry, but I can't work out how to send you a personal message on this site. I can certainly prove it's mine if you could please contact me.

lets hope camera and yourself , if the owner, are reunited. of course it will cost you a huge celebration feast for all members ;)

Hi All

Have sent a pm with my number

Lets move this on :cool:

OK thank you :)

Just spoken to the camera owner who is about to ring the finder and arrange collection of the

5D MK2 with 24 -70 F2.8 L lens

Will update when the deed is done , Once again thanks everyone for your help in getting this sorted

How the heck do you misplace that! Good to see it was found by an honest person, he owes him a beer or three.

Just spoken to the camera owner who is about to ring the finder and arrange collection of the

5D MK2 with 24 -70 F2.8 L lens

Will update when the deed is done , Once again thanks everyone for your help in getting this sorted

Thanks for the update and positive outcome :)

Good question , All that matters is its on its way back to the owner , Sorted :D

I'm not really a people person but over the years I've found photographers are generally good and decent people.
F1.2 you post has restored my faith in humanity to a certain degree :D

Back