Canon cashback issues...

Edit My Images
No
Is anyone still waiting for their cashback from Canon? I submitted mine well over a month ago, it is still showing as "We have received you submission and it is being processed".

I have full receipts, proof that it was posted ages ago and they even emailed me to confirm they received everything.

The customer service is absolutely appauling however. They originally claimied it would be with me within 21 days. Fine, I waited. Now over a month on it's still outstanding, they dont respond to emails saying what the hold up is and the phone number provided just goes to an answer machine - yes an 0845 number on the Canon site regarding cashback just goes to an answer machine!! They also never get back to you!

Has anyone fared better or at least have a contact email/address for Canon that I can write to and make a complaint? It's getting ridiculous as I'm still almost £100 out of pocket :bang:

Cheers!! Rant over...

It wont help you, but mine was quite quick and easy. Did you specify bank transfer or cheque?

Cheque. I've put an old fashioned letter together and am sending it to the Canon Europe address on the canon website. All I can do really as emails and phone calls dont go anywhere!

Will advise what happens in case anyone else is in the same position.

Took 4 weeks from sending to receiving for me. Via cheque.

Ive just got mine yesterday.
Submitted on the 30th June.

Ha! At least you are going to get yours.

They were doing the £50 cashback last year which ended in August. I was not in a position to buy my camera until September - then they started the promotion again in October so I was, needless to say, just a little bit pee'd off with Canon :bang:

My experience was good, a couple of weeks after I sent it off I think I got a letter (or may have been an email) to say they had received it and were processing it. A few weeks after that I got my cheque.

The contact I have for Canon is the following:-

Ruben Coppens <Ruben.Coppens@ir.cpginc.com>

Hope this helps(y)

I submitted one at the end of June too, still waiting..........

I bought a EOS40D and applied for cashback but sent the camera back faulty and got a refund , 3 months later my cashback cheque arrived ...by then I had bought another EOS40D and sent that off for cashback including the lens and got another cheque !!!!!
What do you think I did?? keep the lot or send the first cheque back???
Its a dilema but I think I did the right thing.
What would you have done???

I sent off for my refund a week after they started the deal... got my cheque 21 july...

sadly i wont get mine, as i brought it the day after it ended lol. but i got my camera brought for me as a gift so no loss.

Sent my forms off about a month ago (Sent off for more than one cashback offer from Canon)...

Still heard nothing.

When i used the cashback at the beginning, it took about 4 weeks till i heard something, then another 2 for the cheque.

sadly i wont get mine, as i brought it the day after it ended lol. but i got my camera brought for me as a gift so no loss.

Haven't they extended the cashback deal until the end of September?? You could be in luck!! :)

Didn't have any problems with mine, i chose bank transfair and it was pritty quick :)

Just an update. After I sent a long letter on to Canon Europe at the same time as posting this, I heard nothing. Never had a reply back!!

Chased them via email on the submission status thing again and someone phoned me!! They were apologetic and said it would arrive within 2 days. That was on the 15th August. The status even changed to "Your cheque has been sent on 15th August".

Guess what though... still nothing! And Canon have yet again gone quiet and not responding to emails!

I'm giving it till the weekend before writing my second and final letter. I'm looking to move in the next month or so and this is just infuriating me as I need it before I move out!!! Its been 2 months now NOT 21 days...

Tempted to write to the camera mags to show what extremely poor customer service Canon give to their consumers. I'm appalled the letter I sent to them was never acknowledged :razz: It was a polite letter just stating what had happened so far and asking what the current status was...

My first lot for lenses in 2007 took 10 weeks and my 40D was submited in Feb and recieved in July, I phone head office in the end and it was here in 3 days.

I got my cash back this weekend.. got my camera at the end of July so maybe about 40days?

They are not processed when you submit them, they are processed in batches. Just wait and it will come through.

I just received £935 cashback from Canon.
:clap::clap::clap:

I posted the applications on July 4th so it's taken 66 days.

Mine took a good 6 weeks, but I'm £50 the richer again now!! :D

I spoken to them today chasing up my submission from 2 months ago, they said it will be at least another 3 weeks until they get around to processing it.

Edit to add: I think these schemes would be a lot better for the customer if it were the retailer that provided the cashback and made the claim as they could be done in a large batch and offset against stock orders, etc. (y)

Claimed mine mid June and received last week. I think we must remember they must have tens of thousands of claims and the system changed half way through to a more secure setup!

Patience! (y)

If it's any consolation, when Olympus were doing Cash Back on the E510 the process was at least as bad as Canon's, if not worse. IMHO the whole fiasco was a complete shambles and in the end I told them to stuff it! :(

i had actually forgot about mine.

Still waiting from sending mine the day after the canon cashback for the lenses and flash's ran out.

#About 2 months now is it?

I sent my Canon cashback claim the week after the promotion ended. I had bought a number of items and the cashback total (on five different invoices) was £430. I received an email to acknowledge receipt about 2 weeks later and received my cheques for all the cashback early last week. (Three of the receipts were from Kerso!)

I've only done it once and it took 3 weeks from posting to account.

Dont forget they probably have all purchases around the globe going to 1 location to be sorted and processed so it may take a while.

Ironiclly the more people email and phone the longer it is likely to take as the more they distract teh workers from processing teh claims :p

Sent the claim letter off week commencing 26th May and received it on the 4th September. I had forgot all about it and then £150 through the door.

So even though it took so long, its better in my pocket than theirs :)

Well saying that the wife decided it would be better suited buying her some new holiday clothes :(

oh well :bang:

hi does anyone have experience of doing this with cams bought on ebay?

Back