Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Lens

looks good to me. ordered one anyway just incase. Dont think we have a hope of getting it for that though.
good spot(y)

Well spotted, ordered me and a mate one!

Fingers crossed huh?

Yea I ordered one too. Not too hopeful about getting one at that price.

"No contract for the sale of any product will subsist between you and Play.com until Play.com dispatches the product(s) ordered."

Good luck :)

# While we try and ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.
# No contract for the sale of any product will subsist between you and Play.com until Play.com dispatches the product(s) ordered. We will confirm that the product(s) have been dispatched by a confirmation email. This confirmation e-mail amounts to an acceptance by Play.com of your offer to buy goods from Play.com or a third party supplier that is engaged on your behalf by Play.com (whether or not you receive that e-mail).

Well if the order goes through and they despatch they cant do anything.

But they might be suspicious if people start buying them buy the truckload !, then they're allowed to cancel and refund before the order is despatched.

(robert got there first : ))

Yes, I noticed that too, and the part saying 'While we try and ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.'

But we live in hope!

edit: Robert beat me to it!

Yup - ordered two (by accident actually - only meant to order one) - let's see. I ordered a 50D for £1.00 on Amazon once and that was just cancelled.

Phil

Maybe if this thread were to disappear more people wouldn't order them and they wouldn't notice any suspicious activity......

If this does go through will be a nice birthday pressie for me :)!

I nearly bought one of these today! ordered one now! I will believe it when it arrives :LOL:

I think there's almost zero chance of this happening, but we'll see...

Just ordered one too. Over £500 elsewhere. Maybe its too good to be true but Play.com are normally pretty good. They've also got billy-bargain 50Ds today as well so perhaps they're having a very quiet sale!

They've also got billy-bargain 50Ds today as well so perhaps they're having a very quiet sale!

They have a lot of Canon stuff on offer at the moment, which makes me (only a little bit) think this might actually happen. But, it really does seem to be too good to be true, so I'm banking on getting a refund of £299.97 in the next few days!!

holy crap
was looking at this sort of thing today
tokinas for 250-300 and this lens for 600+
oooookay
worth getting on the CC and thinking about it later!

Lets be honest, it's never going to happen guys! Sorry to be a killjoy!

(didn't stop me from ordering one though :D :LOL:)

Ordered 2, didn't want to be greedy, one will make it to the FS forum if they get delivered.

No way in the world but i've bought a few just incase you never know!
I did the same thing with memory cards with them before and they came and they lost out a good £30 on the rrp
I'll eat my hat if these turn up lol!

Bit of a miss price for the 50d body aswell maybe for them?

Regards,
Jon.S

I've seen bigger bargains slip through. 3 years ago I bought a Dell laptop for £20 from their site.

Ordered 2, didn't want to be greedy, one will make it to the FS forum if they get delivered.

So you'll be selling it for £100 in the classifieds?

No profiteering* : Selling or dealing in items that the staff believe have been purchased for profit is not permitted.

Jon.S said:
No way in the world but i've bought a few just incase you never know!

A sure fire way to pull attention to a product is to bulk order.

Last edited:
I've just placed an order for 1 for myself (no profiteering here).

I got it on the CC so guess I'm protected if/when it doesn't turn up.

If it doesn't go through how do you claim? Or will Play just refund the money?

Ah, OK, will miss the FS's then, I'm sure if 2 are delivered I will do OK out of 1

None will be delivered. £100 is far lower than the buy in price for play.com, they wouldn't sell at that sort of loss.

£870 now :LOL:

Think they've realised their mistake - hope you get them though (y)

£870 now :LOL:

Think they've realised their mistake - hope you get them though (y)

I ordered one about 20 minutes ago and noticed just after I clicked to buy it that the price shot up. Still in my basket at £99 though. Fingers crossed.;):D:shrug:

Status now showing "order taken"

Hurry up and say dispatched!!!

Didn't want to be greedy so ordered 2 ?? RRrrrrright.

This will never work, maybe if 3 or 4 people had got one but 30+ there not going to loose £10k just to be nice to the customers.

Back