1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Raymond Lin

Raymond Lin

Name:
    Raymond
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I think all cameras should have built in GPS now after my trip to Japan. It's almost like Zelda Breath of the Wild where it has "path of a hero" so you can track where you've been.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. digital

digital

Edit My Images:
    No
    It's a pity it doesn't have all the functionality of the GP-E2.

3. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

Name:
    Dave
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Guys, do any of you use the Apple USB3 camera adaptor with the 5D4? Ive wanted one for ages, and picked one up in the sales last week. It does all it says it should, but only if i have one card in the camera. It gets in to a pickle if i have both cards still in and so doesn't do anything.
    I got this because i normally shoot raw to both cards, take the SD card out and use the Apple card reader in to my ipad pro. This works really well, but i was thinking of using the CF card as its faster and might be slowing the CF card down. Seems i still have to take a card out of the camera, so no point keeping the Camera adaptor.

Just wondering if anyone else has found this.

4. ChrisJ_SLH

ChrisJ_SLH

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Other than the logging functionality is it just the bearing that it lacks? To be honest I had a GP-E2 for my old Mk III and I always found the bearing a bit inaccurate unless you had moved a bit first.

5. Raymond Lin

Raymond Lin

Name:
    Raymond
    Edit My Images:
    No
    A few from Japan.

Arashiyama

[​IMG]

Top of Mori Tower, Mt Fuji in the distance

[​IMG]

kinkakuji

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  6. digital

digital

Edit My Images:
    No
    Yes, it's the bearing. I always found it accurate (perhaps because I was always on the move!) and it was seriously useful. The information is in the camera, just a pity Canon have chosen not to transfer it to the image.

7. Raymond Lin

Raymond Lin

Name:
    Raymond
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Bearing, as in it tells you what direction the photo is facing?

It's kinda cool but not a feature I even dreamt of so don't need it. knowing the spot where i took it from is enough, the rest I can remember or work out from Google Maps.

8. digital

digital

Edit My Images:
    No
    That's it.

We travel a lot, are away for extended periods and I use the images for illustrated talks on our travels, so being able to drop an image into Canon's Map Utility for a quick check is more than useful.

As I said above, the data is in the camera so it's disappointing that Canon haven't used it as they did with the GP-E2.

9. newbie1

newbie1

Name:
    Newbie1
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Never used usb3 adaptor...do use the WiFi feature on the camera and canon camera connect app to transfer files with no issue.

10. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

Name:
    Dave
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks. The only issue of course is that the Canon app wont transfer raw files.

11. ChrisJ_SLH

ChrisJ_SLH

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I'm don't think the bearing information is in the camera to be honest. GPS alone doesn't give you static bearing, you need movement for that. The GP-E2 contains a Digital Compass (From the manual: Triaxial geomagnetic sensor and triaxial sensor used to calculate direction). It is this element that the 5D4 lacks.

12. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    Anybody switched from a d750 or d810? Thanks

addicknchips likes this.
  13. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza

Edit My Images:
    No
    U looking to grab a 5d4? i swicthed from the 5d3 and its better in every way

14. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza

Edit My Images:
    No
    are you able to edit raws on mobile phones now running CC Mobile?

15. Swiss Toni

Swiss Toni

Edit My Images:
    No