Canon EOS M Series Cameras

Got
Canon M5 body on Ebay £499.99
£1 off for any purchase over £300 :rolleyes:
20% discout this afternoon only
5% Quidco

Canon M5 ... Ordered. :)

Got myself a similar deal this afternoon for the EOS M6; Worked out around £340 incl kit lens.. bargain of the century I say! Can’t wait for it to arrive and to finally have a machine with AF as fast as a proper DSLR, cracking EVF and high speed FPS! I think my EOS 100D will be retired...

Managed to get a brand new M6 with 15-45mm off eBay with that 20% off for a nice little price of £334 delivered.

...so, after having a quick skim through the thread, but finding much info, where do most folk get an EF to M mount adapter?

Join the club! Can’t wait for mine to arrive - I suspect we actually purchased the same “offer” - silver only (alas I would have liked black!) from a “French” seller?

Can’t wait for it to arrive and to finally have a machine with AF as fast as a proper DSLR, cracking EVF and high speed FPS! I think my EOS 100D will be retired...

The M6 doesn't have a EVF (unless you are buying the addon). Also, don't expect DSLR AF performance, it's the best so far from a Canon mirrorless but it's not as good as a proper DSLR.

Join the club! Can’t wait for mine to arrive - I suspect we actually purchased the same “offer” - silver only (alas I would have liked black!) from a “French” seller?

Yep, eGlobal. Almost bought quite a few things from them, as their prices are very fair indeed.

The M6 doesn't have a EVF (unless you are buying the addon). Also, don't expect DSLR AF performance, it's the best so far from a Canon mirrorless but it's not as good as a proper DSLR.

Yes sorry I mean the DC1 that I’ve got! But.. all the reviews I’ve read state that the AF is a world away from the M3 and it’s now a genuine contender as a second body..? Too late now, but will have to wait and see! [emoji51]

all the reviews I’ve read state that the AF is a world away from the M3 and it’s now a genuine contender as a second body..? Too late now, but will have to wait and see! [emoji51]

Don't get me wrong, the AF is better than any previous M series and yes as a second body it's ideal but the AF (mainly the tracking actually) is not as good as my 7D MKI which is 8 years old now. I had a M5 previously but sold it to purchase something else but I'm excited to get it back as its a great little camera (as will be the M6). I was torn between this and the 80D but I can see me buying a 7D MKIII hopefully next year so that will replace my original 7D and I will still have the M5 as a ideal travel kit.

Don't get me wrong, the AF is better than any previous M series and yes as a second body it's ideal but the AF (mainly the tracking actually) is not as good as my 7D MKI which is 8 years old now. I had a M5 previously but sold it to purchase something else but I'm excited to get it back as its a great little camera (as will be the M6). I was torn between this and the 80D but I can see me buying a 7D MKIII hopefully next year so that will replace my original 7D and I will still have the M5 as a ideal travel kit.

I see.. thats a nuisance! I’ve done so much research online and everyone raves about it, even videos showing it makes it seem tip top! Can’t beat real life epxierence - cheers Mike! Still excited anyway though!!

I have the 18-55 no switch to keep using when turning on the camera. and a great range.

Unfortunately the 18-55mm is no longer an option as part of a kit as it has been discontinued, shame as it was a very good lens.

Better than the 15-45?

High Phil

My thoughts as I have both ‘kit’ lenses

2 very different lenses

If pushed - the 18-55 is sharper in my experience and holds f/3.5 through the range.

15-45 bit wider, not as well built, smaller, max brightness after 33mm is f/6.3

If I had to make a single choice - 18-55 but bigger profile fot a pocket.

Steve

High Phil

My thoughts as I have both ‘kit’ lenses

2 very different lenses

If pushed - the 18-55 is sharper in my experience and holds f/3.5 through the range.

15-45 bit wider, not as well built, smaller, max brightness after 33mm is f/6.3

If I had to make a single choice - 18-55 but bigger profile fot a pocket.

Steve
I’d never considered the M5 as ‘pocketable’, I like my Prime plan, but also fancy a ‘party zoom’ something easy to use and versatile, and a £100 kit zoom (new or S/h) is a possible addition.

I’d never considered the M5 as ‘pocketable’, I like my Prime plan, but also fancy a ‘party zoom’ something easy to use and versatile, and a £100 kit zoom (new or S/h) is a possible addition.

My ‘camera coat’ has a deep and wide pocket which is padded and takes the M5 easily wit the 22mm, the 15-45 and, with a bulge, the 18-55. The M6 does a more smug job!

Thanks @Steve B
Though it’s probably opened more questions than it answered. I reckon I’ll go for the 15-55 for the size and the extra WA mm.

A 24-70ish is slightly more use to me than a 28-85 (equiv) as I’ll be adding the 22, 35, 50, 85

Thanks @Steve B
Though it’s probably opened more questions than it answered. I reckon I’ll go for the 15-55 for the size and the extra WA mm.

A 24-70ish is slightly more use to me than a 28-85 (equiv) as I’ll be adding the 22, 35, 50, 85

The 85mm is a beauty on the M5! That said it’s a cracker of a lens anyway!

Thanks @Steve B

Either work very well, but yes I agree the 24-70mm range is probably the more useful.
One word of caution though, both are produced in such huge numbers, they do suffer in the quality control department, so if buying used, ensure it is from somewhere that will take returns, otherwise you could end up with one that someone else has rejected. Just something to be aware of, dont let me put you off, the percentage is pretty low.

Hi gang, a newbie here, I have traded in my old stuff (1D3, 60 D ) due to health problems. I bought the EOS M5, the quality is great, with the adapter I can use all my old lens, and so much lighter to use.
Cheers Dave

Welcome to the group Dave

Hope you enjoy thr forum

Tons of great people snd a resource to both use and add to.

Can get lively at times but that’s a real life thing anyway.

Steve

Hi gang, a newbie here, I have traded in my old stuff (1D3, 60 D ) due to health problems. I bought the EOS M5, the quality is great, with the adapter I can use all my old lens, and so much lighter to use.
Cheers Dave

Welcome to our little corner of the web Dave.
A good little community in here, don't be afraid to ask any questions or to contribute your own knowledge, there's not usually anybody here that bites.

Just curious how EF lenses actually perform on the M cameras?

Do they do just as we as the regular M mount lenses, or do they suffer a bit as not designed for it?

I’m wondering as I’ve ready a few people weren’t happy with certain L lenses on an APS-C cam, as opposed to full frame...

Just curious how EF lenses actually perform on the M cameras?

Do they do just as we as the regular M mount lenses, or do they suffer a bit as not designed for it?

I’m wondering as I’ve ready a few people weren’t happy with certain L lenses on an APS-C cam, as opposed to full frame...

Well they do get cropped of course and autofocus speed varies depending on which model of EOS-M you are using, the early ones were fairly slow.
One thing you dont need to worry about is adjusting microfocus as the focus is taken off the sensor.
Apart from that they act as you would expect.
There is always exceptions though, some Sigma lenses dont autofocus well with the DPAF systems in the new M5 & M6 models and the EF 100-400mm can produce strange artifacts in out of focus areas.

One from yesterday, Canon M3 with Canon 200mm 2.8 L

Attachments

• IMG_1679.jpg
    IMG_1679.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 25
Has anyone who took advantage of the 20% Ebay voucher using the French seller heard anything regarding dispatch?

FYI...

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Please be noted that our office and warehouse will be closed from 30 Dec 2017 to 1 Jan 2018 due to New Year holiday.

Orders may be placed within this period, however, handling and shipment of orders will not be done until the next business day 2 Jan 2018, the shipment time will delay 2-3 business days.

We would appreciate your understanding on this matter.

Happy New Year

This was also taken with the EOS M 5. Just wanted to show how sharp the camera is, used with a canon 400mm L lens .
Cheers Dave

Couple of good shots there Dave

Back