Canon EOS M Series Cameras

DSLR’s will eventually die, mark my words.... it’s just a question of when and how.
As an early adopter of mirrorless technology I can’t deny thats it’s not been an expensive outlay however the advantages mirrorless offers justifies it for most people who have moved over already.
Canon & Nikon will go mirrorless and that will just re-enforce what I’ve been saying for a long time.

DSLR’s aren’t the future, there will be some who hold onto DSLR tech for life, but they will become the minority just like DSLR vs Film camera’s.

:)

I agree Riz, key word there though 'eventually'. I don't think that will be within the next year, 2 or 3 years. I think a lot of it will swing on whether canon and nikon release new mounts and new lenses. If they do, I think the transition to mirrorless will take a lot longer. If they don't, then its just a case of swapping out the body, so I think that will be a fairly quick change for people that have the cash and the requirements for mirrorless.

I think you are also missing the fact that a lot of people and amateurs that own for example the D750 won't have the money to buy the first FF mirrorless cameras that canon and nikon bring out. I also think these cameras will have to prove themselves before a lot of pros will make the switch, some may decide that the first generation of them aren't good enough and then stay with their DSLR for a while. Again, this is all speculation.

In my case, I have tried the Sony A7 - naff ergonomics, expensive lenses, slow function and slow AF. I have tried the Fuji X-T2, didn't like how the images processed. I have tried the A7II- again AF not quick enough and still the expensive lenses. I guess my usage case is unique, trying to get into weddings I want FF, quick AF, affordable 2.8 zooms, dual card slots etc and for me, the only way to achieve this is DSLR at the moment.

I mean a D750 (new from some places) , Tamron 24-70mm 2.8 (used) , Sigma 70-200 2.8 (used) can be had for less than the price of the A7III body - that cannot be ignored IF budget is a concern.

Last edited:
I think you are also missing the fact that a lot of people and amateurs that own for example the D750 won't have the money to buy the first FF mirrorless cameras that canon and nikon bring out. I also think these cameras will have to prove themselves before a lot of pros will make the switch, some may decide that the first generation of them aren't good enough and then stay with their DSLR for a while. Again, this is all speculation.

I don't think those amateurs should switch from their D750's, they're certainly not going to see much improvement in image quality unless they're doing something very specific.

I don't agree with the pro use comment though, we appear to have mirrorless technology which provides directly comparable results so it's not the technology holding things back but more the implementation (ergonomics, cost etc).

I mean a D750 (new from some places) , Tamron 24-70mm 2.8 (used) , Sigma 70-200 2.8 (used) can be had for less than the price of the A7III body - that cannot be ignored IF budget is a concern.

That's not a bad thing! We're all fortunate to have such good equipment available so cheaply and it is wiser to wait and see how the dust settles.

wow so many myths and fantasies and mr xyz said this so it must be true abound ,for starters DSLR have not as someone suggested been around for decades ,about 15 to 18 years in a useable format .,I was told before buying my eos-m3 that it wasn't worth getting as it was slow to focus ,yet another partial myth yes it is with some lenses but bolting on a 55-250 stm and its reasonablely fast and surprise surprise putting it on my 150-600 sigma sport and it front of another forum member today we both went wow thats fast .no I wouldn't use it for tracking b.i.f but its still good for static and slow moving stuff ,will newer bodies be better I would say yes it can only get better .time will tell keep it up canon .

I was wandering about in Currys this afternoon and spotted an EF to EF-M lens adapter at a breathtaking £134.99p. A quick check on camerpricebuster shows that a significant number of suppliers are now asking this price, although it is still available at the likes of John Lewis at £104.99p. Mine came with the secondhand camera but it looks like the current cameras come without this adapter. So Canon, in view of the current inadequate native lens range, why does this essential adapter suddently now cost 30% more?

I was wandering about in Currys this afternoon and spotted an EF to EF-M lens adapter at a breathtaking £134.99p. A quick check on camerpricebuster shows that a significant number of suppliers are now asking this price, although it is still available at the likes of John Lewis at £104.99p. Mine came with the secondhand camera but it looks like the current cameras come without this adapter. So Canon, in view of the current inadequate native lens range, why does this essential adapter suddently now cost 30% more?

Mad price

I have the original but on longer lenses the fixed tripod mount on the Meike version is s better choice for me - <£25

MeiKe Automatic Electronic Auto Focus AF Canon EF EF-S Mount Lens to EOS M EF-M Adapter https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00G34IQBW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_PvQTAbZ04HJGV

The stupid pricing surely has nothing to do with the imminent release of the M50......

Way to go Canon, throw the baby out with the bath water.

I see Camera World are punting the Canon OEM at £139!

To think Carrys done the adaptor for about ninety quid back last year cheap enough for me to buy another one so I can keep one with my M or M3 & the other stays with the M6, that's one big leap in price.

With postage little cheaper then what I paid but seems a good price now if ya in need of one.

Agreed but the Meike at £25 is a no brainer!

couple from today or was it toaday .liking this camera and 55-250 stm more everytime I use it the hitch-hiker .jpghe aint heavy .jpg

Aww yea that's happen a few times until I loctite the screws.

I like being able to take it off when I stick he 55-250 STM on it, but if I use the mono/tripod I use the Meike adapter.

another thumbs up for the mieke one from me ,theres no glass ,no circuitry ,only a set of brass contacts in either the canon or mieke one ,its a no brainer

The screw on tripod foot on the Canon lens adapter is made from unobtainium, it's not listed by Canon as a spare part. I will probable use some blue thread lock on mine, it is still possible to unscrew the foot after if necessary.

Last edited:
The screw on tripod foot on Canon lens adapter is made from unobtainium, it's not listed by Canon as a spare part. I will probable use some blue thread lock on mine, it is still possible to unscrew the foot after if necessary.

I really cannot get my head around the fact they sell them without the tripod foot

I really cannot get my head around the fact they sell them without the tripod foot

That's how I thought they all came, obviously not.

That's how I thought they all came, obviously not.

At first they did the whole thing.

The early M5 release had it as s freebie without the tripod mount.

Accountancy shaving pennies?

A Sony a6000 or a6300 sells for similar price yet offer better spec and iq.

And you can use your Canon glasses on them with adapter.

You only need a body and adapter. So price wise very similar to m50
Also comes down to handling. I tried the a6000 before i bought the m5 and didn't like the ergonomics (or lack of). The feel of the m5 was much more to my taste. Also tried the fujj xt range and handling waz nice but since i already hav canon gear it made no sense on moving brand at a loss.

Sony fan boys getting bored again by some chance

At first they did the whole thing.

The early M5 release had it as s freebie without the tripod mount.

Accountancy shaving pennies?

And only cost pennies to make but couldn't make it affordable as part of the freebie,

And only cost pennies to make but couldn't make it affordable as part of the freebie,

Looking back I got the Meike adapter for £14.85 has worked flawlessly.

Looking back I got the Meike adapter for £14.85 has worked flawlessly.
Seem to remember you mention this adapter many post back & I seemed to have it in my mind it was a none mount adapter, could of saved me self good few bob as its a very good price.

Seem to remember you mention this adapter many post back & I seemed to have it in my mind it was a none mount adapter, could of saved me self good few bob as its a very good price.

They are up over the £20-25 mark currently.

Back