Canon EOS R Series Cameras

Just got an R7 and a RF16 f/2.8 to use the camera and get familiar with it until I get the (out of stock) adapter for my EF & EF-S lenses - also got an 85mm f/2 IS Macro on order.

It's going to take a bit of getting used to and there are things that I really like about it (eye tracking af) First impression for landscape is I don't think it will make my 6D2 redundant.... however the couple landscapes I shot with it were hand held and using af...

The camera wasn't bought with the intention of landscape photography but I will test drive it (on landscape) with a Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 when I have the adapter. It's more for the eye tracking af in sporting scenario with lenses I know are sharp. So we shall see.... as i want to shoot the lenses wide open which is more diffiult with the 6D2 when subjects aren't motionless.

Images uploaded are resized to go on the forum.

I am sure now that I have since figured out the manual focusing that I can get the landscapes better....

Attachments

• 0D3A0084_RS.jpg
    0D3A0084_RS.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 16
  • 0D3A0083_RS.jpg
    0D3A0083_RS.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 16
I bought an r7 a few weeks ago, I bought a Neewer ef-r mount adapter. It works flawlessly and is well built, i think I paid about £75. Unless you want an adapter with a control ring, I don't think you gain anything by going with the canon adapter, other than a larger hole in your bank account. :)

Back