On the 24-105 front, I have the EF mark 1 L but it has an intermittent AF problem between 35 and 50mm, something I had lived with until recently. I looked at the Mark 2 but after doing the research, I decided on the Sigma ART version. This was all with a 5Dmkiv.
Enter my first R body, an R7 and I soon noticed the pulsing in Servo mode with my 150-600C on that body. I've lived with that too as the lens isn't fully compatible with the R7, so fair enough.
Last week though, we were on holiday for a few days. I wanted to take some pictures of our dog in a nearby forest. I had the Sigma 24-105ART on my R5ii. I took 103 images and have since deleted around 70 of them. The first thing I look for is sharpness and it just wasn't there for the majority of images. I'm a bit OCD about shrapness to be fair and also, shutter speeds were quite slow, around 1/250sec but even shots of her standing still weren't always critically sharp, I used 'Servo' for the moving shots and 'One Shot' for the standing shots, with IS on, in body and in lens.
I'm not sure if the pulsing is also a known issue with the Sigma 24-105 as it is with the 150-600. The 24-105 has always been a lens that I've had to work to get tack sharp images but it does seem considerably worse on an R body.
It might be operator error on my part but I'm wondering if anybody else has noticed this with the Sigma 24-105 on R bodies?
Do I start saving for the RF version?