Canon FF mirrorless...

I understand what your saying but if Canon users bash Sony products what did you think was going to happen? It all kicked off and your right, spoils threads, I apologise for my part in it. I just meant it as light banter.

For every action, there is a reaction.... most will defend their purchases, the same way Canon fanboi’s defend Canon, Sony fanboi’s will defend Sony.

:D

Shiitetalk Riz, I'm losing faith in you fast. I never see Canon users plague the Sony threads, or anyone else for that matter. There is a very specific type of cancerous buyer who side shimmy everything Sony, its cringey and kind of hilarious watching the same tools scurry to defend lumps of gear everytime someone dares to challenge .

I really do pity the newcomer

One of these days I will get out of the equipment forum altogether and actually upgrade my camera......although I have to say some of the "discussions" on this thread and others are quite addictive in a, well, pathetic sort of way.

It’s been one of the best threads on this forum - up there with the how will Brexit affect camera prices.

Shiitetalk Riz, I'm losing faith in you fast. I never see Canon users plague the Sony threads, or anyone else for that matter. There is a very specific type of cancerous buyer who side shimmy everything Sony, its cringey and kind of hilarious watching the same tools scurry to defend lumps of gear everytime someone dares to challenge .

I really do pity the newcomer

It’s fine that you don’t agree or have lost faith in me, I’m nothing to you so it doesn’t bother me in the slightest, however it’s exactly comments like yours where calling members tools which gets users angry and then results into threads like this.

As I’ve said, I apologise for my part in it but do you realistically think it’s going to put a end to these situations, it was only a week or so ago when I saw a Canon user calling another user a knob in the Canon M thread.....

Life is too short to be get caught up in petty forum / brand wars.
I’ve seen it countless times on forums where things get too personal and it then escalates like it has done here.
Two choices really..... carry on visiting forums or quit altogether.

Now lets put a end to this bickering, let’s get this thread back on topic.... no more negative comments about the Canon R ;) my local dealership got to try the Canon EOS R and they told me the ergonomics are spot on a long with IQ from the L lenses..... I missed out but definitely going to test one out.

Sadly more and more threads are turning into the s*** show this one has become.

.... In which case the TP Moderators need to... moderate! Anyone Googling for discussions on a subject of interest to them is hardly going to want to join a forum which reads such as this.

Who is the TP Moderator who has the responsibility of moderating the Talk Equipment area?

.... In which case the TP Moderators need to... moderate! Anyone Googling for discussions on a subject of interest to them is hardly going to want to join a forum which reads such as this.

Who is the TP Moderator who has the responsibility of moderating the Talk Equipment area?
There's nothing wrong with comparing this camera to Sony and if you don't like it then create a separate canon owners thread and specify you can't mention and compare it any other brands

There's nothing wrong with comparing this camera to Sony and if you don't like it then create a separate canon owners thread and specify you can't mention and compare it any other brands

....It's not the comparisons between Canon and Sony and other brands which is objectionable but the bickering insults and you, dear boy, are one of the main culprits and well you know it! Hardly anything which you have posted in this thread is even vaguely constructive or helpful to others.

there's no "specific allocations" - it's more who draws the short straw - or in the case of this thread, considering the number of people who are likely to get permanent bans if you don't all stop acting like a bunch of bloody kids, we need at least 3 staff and an admin to "pull the trigger"...

we're considering options... one of which is to give a point for every off-topic post or personal insult that has been made in the past 10 pages - I'm pretty sure that if this is the preferred solution, it will result in a number of people finding some other forum to go be a cockwomble on... especially if applied to every equipment thread that's been RTM'ed in the past week.

Do you get the picture folks - we're getting bloody sick of all this bickering. ITS JUST A BLOODY CAMERA, NOT A CURE FOR CANCER. Stop bickering, sniping, and behaving like prize pricks... Maybe, just Maybe, go out and use whatever camera you have and take some pictures instead ??

....It's not the comparisons between Canon and Sony and other brands which is objectionable but the bickering insults and you, dear boy, are one of the main culprits and well you know it! Hardly anything which you have posted in this thread is even vaguely constructive or helpful to others.
Many of my posts have been constructive. It's not my fault you have your Canon blinkers on!

Calm down and shoot more pics like me mate.

there's no "specific allocations" - it's more who draws the short straw - or in the case of this thread, considering the number of people who are likely to get permanent bans if you don't all stop acting like a bunch of bloody kids, we need at least 3 staff and an admin to "pull the trigger"...

we're considering options... one of which is to give a point for every off-topic post or personal insult that has been made in the past 10 pages - I'm pretty sure that if this is the preferred solution, it will result in a number of people finding some other forum to go be a cockwomble on... especially if applied to every equipment thread that's been RTM'ed in the past week.

Do you get the picture folks - we're getting bloody sick of all this bickering. ITS JUST A BLOODY CAMERA, NOT A CURE FOR CANCER. Stop bickering, sniping, and behaving like prize pricks... Maybe, just Maybe, go out and use whatever camera you have and take some pictures instead ??

Noted

In which monastery are you a monk? :LOL:

Shaolin Temple

I took some nice ones with my ipad today ,

I mostly post in the Equipment threads because the technology interests me. The Sony a7's were the the first FF mirrorless cameras, and initially they had many deficiencies compared to the FF DSLR's they were taking on, which were pointed out at the time. ;) :rolleyes: They have obviously evolved and improved in most areas over the different versions. Fast forward to 2018 and Nikon and Canon finally release FF mirrorless cameras, and so whilst being compared to (their and other) DSLR's, as the a7's have been, these cameras also have to be compared to each other, especially being released so close to each other, but crucially they will also be compared to the 3 versions of the a7 and A7R that are also out there. In a thread about Equipment I don't see the problem with comparisons to other cameras, especially before cameras are in a lot of users hands. No one camera, or set of specs will please everyone after all. ;)

I had a comment in a thread recently that I shouldn't be posting in threads if I don't own a camera which is the subject of that thread, I think it may have been the Sony a7 thread, but I can't remember for sure, because I thought it was a stupid comment. If that were the case for any thread, but particularly threads like this, then no one would be able to post, because no one yet, afaik, has an EOS R. :rolleyes:

Like it or not, coming into the FF mirrorless market so late, the Canon (and Nikon) are going to be compared to what is already there, which at this time are 3rd generation a7's. They should be mentioned a lot, because they are the market leader (by default) and being 3rd generation, have already overcome many technological problems and have set the bar quite high in some areas. They are not perfect, and I think only the most blinkered a7 user would claim that, but they are very good in most areas. I had hoped that both Canon and Nikon would have released cameras closer in tech and performance to the 3rd generation Sony's having waited so long to enter the fray, but from an objective pov, which I like to think I am, though others may disagree. ;)

They are obviously both company's first generation FF mirrorless cameras, but areas where they will lag behind may probably not be an easy firmware fix, and hardware problems may not be able to be addressed, if indeed they address them in the future, for potentially years. The criticism of the Sony cameras may have led to those camera evolving in the way they did, maybe not, but Sony users have no doubt been happy with a lot of the improvements over time. Talk about where cameras are good, and bad, may lead to them all pushing each other to improve. And if not, it is something for us to talk about, in a hopefully friendly and light hearted way. ;)

I must say that this thread has been one of the worst I have seen here for belligerent personal attacks, and I was questioning whether moderator's should have got involved earlier, and even thought about flagging up some posts over the last week or so myself, but then I think I have only done something like that once or twice over the last 15-20 years of using internet forums so is not something I really do. I don't think I have ever said anything personal against anyone on here, nevermind in this thread, but if I have and someone didn't like it, then I apologise.

I was going to end this by attaching the latest DPReview EOS R video, but see that in the time I have composed this, (longer than expected :rolleyes:) someone else has posted it. ;) :)

I mostly post in the Equipment threads because the technology interests me. The Sony a7's were the the first FF mirrorless cameras, and initially they had many deficiencies compared to the FF DSLR's they were taking on, which were pointed out at the time. ;) :rolleyes: They have obviously evolved and improved in most areas over the different versions. Fast forward to 2018 and Nikon and Canon finally release FF mirrorless cameras, and so whilst being compared to (their and other) DSLR's, as the a7's have been, these cameras also have to be compared to each other, especially being released so close to each other, but crucially they will also be compared to the 3 versions of the a7 and A7R that are also out there. In a thread about Equipment I don't see the problem with comparisons to other cameras, especially before cameras are in a lot of users hands. No one camera, or set of specs will please everyone after all. ;)

I had a comment in a thread recently that I shouldn't be posting in threads if I don't own a camera which is the subject of that thread, I think it may have been the Sony a7 thread, but I can't remember for sure, because I thought it was a stupid comment. If that were the case for any thread, but particularly threads like this, then no one would be able to post, because no one yet, afaik, has an EOS R. :rolleyes:

Like it or not, coming into the FF mirrorless market so late, the Canon (and Nikon) are going to be compared to what is already there, which at this time are 3rd generation a7's. They should be mentioned a lot, because they are the market leader (by default) and being 3rd generation, have already overcome many technological problems and have set the bar quite high in some areas. They are not perfect, and I think only the most blinkered a7 user would claim that, but they are very good in most areas. I had hoped that both Canon and Nikon would have released cameras closer in tech and performance to the 3rd generation Sony's having waited so long to enter the fray, but from an objective pov, which I like to think I am, though others may disagree. ;)

They are obviously both company's first generation FF mirrorless cameras, but areas where they will lag behind may probably not be an easy firmware fix, and hardware problems may not be able to be addressed, if indeed they address them in the future, for potentially years. The criticism of the Sony cameras may have led to those camera evolving in the way they did, maybe not, but Sony users have no doubt been happy with a lot of the improvements over time. Talk about where cameras are good, and bad, may lead to them all pushing each other to improve. And if not, it is something for us to talk about, in a hopefully friendly and light hearted way. ;)

I must say that this thread has been one of the worst I have seen here for belligerent personal attacks, and I was questioning whether moderator's should have got involved earlier, and even thought about flagging up some posts over the last week or so myself, but then I think I have only done something like that once or twice over the last 15-20 years of using internet forums so is not something I really do. I don't think I have ever said anything personal against anyone on here, nevermind in this thread, but if I have and someone didn't like it, then I apologise.

I was going to end this by attaching the latest DPReview EOS R video, but see that in the time I have composed this, (longer than expected :rolleyes:) someone else has posted it. ;) :)
Apology accepted Redhead ,I think you said something negative about Leicester City the season they became champions but I forgive you :p

he's tried bringing his Sony s***e into Panasonic threads too but got ran
WTF?

Yes I've brought ff into the Panny thread a number of times as a comparison. So what? This shouldn't be a problem and indeed it should seem reasonable and indeed welcome to all but hard core mft fans with little man syndrome. No kit should exist in a vaccuum or be above comparison.

If remember correctly the recent topic in that that thread was if film era lenses are better on x2 crop or "ff". I'll take a look in that thread and reply when I have time but none of that makes me a ff fanboy or a Sony fan boy.

As I've said before, If you want to have a pop at me get on with it, I'm not one who lives or dies by on line comment but be preoared to reveived a balanced and reasonable reply if you aim your fan boy of other rant at me. People on the net continue to amaze me, and not in a good way.

Last edited:
Sure, are YOU going to obey this rule too? I'm up for pretending to be nice :D

I think regular readers will make their minds up fairly quickly who are the serial abusers, pointless arguers and flingers of childish insults and who needs to take a long hard look at themselves. I agree with MJ, start with the man in the mirror.

Apology accepted Redhead ,I think you said something negative about Leicester City the season they became champions but I forgive you :p
:eek: I don't think I have ever said anything negative about Leicester and the miraculous achievement. :) Credit where it was due. They have won more Premier League titles than Liverpool. :( ;) :LOL:

I think regular readers will make their minds up fairly quickly who are the serial abusers, pointless arguers and flingers of childish insults and who needs to take a long hard look at themselves. I agree with MJ, start with the man in the mirror.
The thing is that if it carry's on in the manner some have been posting there will not be many regular readers, and few new ones imho. :( :rolleyes:

:eek: I don't think I have ever said anything negative about Leicester and the miraculous achievement. :) Credit where it was due. They have won more Premier League titles than Liverpool. :( ;) :LOL:
Just kidding,:Dit was just a comment in early days when they were looking good but no one Inc moi thought they would continue to win,I didn't realise Liverpool hadn't won the premiership to be honest

Stop carrying it on as if you're innocent lads, there's more than this thread where all of you have been at it. Maybe start reading the thread titles before entering, it's been going on across the board, even the Panasonic thread was almost ruined with Sony nonsense. Stick to the topic, stop getting over defensive about gear and maybe have fun on the forum for a change.

Back