Canon Pixma IP7250

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
My three year old IP7250 I bought after my old Canon printer failed has bit the dust after three and something years sterling service

Power supply unit again, same as last time https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/a4-printer-recommendatiosn-please.551804/#post-6378888
Fact they are a detachable and replaced by the consumer part leads me to believe they are less than reliable.

Can't complain about the printer though at fifty five quid which unusually came with a decent supply of ink and the usb lead too
So decent that I bought the same model again, still being made so must be half decent and a fiver cheaper this time.
Even if you could easily get a new power unit hardly worth bothering at that price, well I certainly wouldn't

The last one only ever got used with non genuine inks from these https://www.prink.co.uk/ never got blocked and colours were/are still good.

If anyone needs any spares my old machine is in the new box with all it came with, even some ink left in it too, power unit is defunct though.

Would you have the printer head spare from your old iP7250 it’s were the inks are it’s a small plastic yolk ?

Sorry, no its been recycled ages ago, kept it for a couple of weeks then off it went.
New printers are only 44 quid on Amazon, bet they want nearly that much for a print head

Last edited:
bought one last week from Argos , its the separate inks that swayed me .

I'm looking at changing my present pixma printer for something smaller as I no longer print A3/A3+

It seems that the ip7250 could be ideal and the pricing is spot on.

I have one question to ask the OP and others who have used this printer, does it print out b&w photos without a colour cast?

My present printer will print true b&w albiet it takes like 15mins or so to print A4 as it uses just the one black ink cartridge.

If set to "auto", it will print a b&w print rapidly like it does colour but because it uses a mix of several cartridges, it throws out a cast ( usually green, occasionally red)

I shoot predominantly film and always b&w, thus i want b&w prints!

Present printer sold today and ip7250 ordered online this evening ( with change in my pocket(y))

Thanks to everyones input on here and not least of all the OP for posting his review…….It's certainly helped me! :ty:

Present printer sold today and ip7250 ordered online this evening ( with change in my pocket(y))

Thanks to everyones input on here and not least of all the OP for posting his review…….It's certainly helped me! :ty:

Sorry I couldn't answer your colour cast question, only rarely print b&w at small sizes on cheap papwr

Just out of interest I printed the same photo on both of my printers (IP7250 and Pixma Pro 10)
Considering one is 50 quid new and the other has a 0 added on the difference wasn't anywhere near as much as the cost.
Yes the colours were richer and the overall quality better, but the cheap printer still produced a decent enough print
Also the cheaper one has half as many inks and they are compatibles at under a tenner for the set.

I bought one of these over 4 years ago as a home printer for the odd document, can be a bit thirsty but recently started using it for 4x6's and been very happy with the results. I've not noticed any colour cast when printing greyscale on fine art paper for ink drawing reproduction. I'll see if I can dig out my samples from last year to see if they have changed over time.

Just an update on this.

My ip7250 arrived this morning and ok it took a little bit of time to get it all set up, wifi connection, printer head alignement etc but no more than my previous canon printer did!

I've printed off two A4 prints, one colour, one b&w, both on "default" settings.

I already have these prints that were done on my previous printer so I've been able to compare them and tbh I can barely see any difference in quality which to say that the i^7250 is a considerably cheaper printer is impresive imo.

The b&w one initially looked to have a very faint warm ( red) cast but that was viewing it indoors….Out in the natural light it appears just fine so I am VERY pleased with its performance. It prints pretty darned fast too!:)

Back