Canon Printer Ink

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
Where do you good people get your Canon printer (iP 7250) genuine inks (UK) from ?.

I don't, had two of these printers (first one had a failed power module, common fault) and always use third party.
Have a look at a company called Prink, used them for fifteen years and their inks have always been excellent
Chipped so that the levels show up and some of the early prints still look good.
My daughter used them all through Uni and printed literally reams with no clogging.
Currently have them in my Canon IP8750 and IP7250, all for about a tenner a set including postage.

Hi all,
Where do you good people get your Canon printer (iP 7250) genuine inks (UK) from ?.
Canon online store or Amazon when I had my TS8250 (since sold on)

Canon when they had promo offers and Amazon especially as they had regular price reductions on packs.

Hi all,
I used to just check around t'internet, as "best buys" seemed to change all the time. However, I've since taken the advice of Rich, see above, and bought Prink inks, after my previous experiments with compatibles (jettec I think) failed. So far the Prink inks are excellent and should save a ton of cash.

I have a different Canon printer, and I always Google and check a few places. Often Amazon is the cheapest, but I’ve just had some arrive today from Wilkinsons cameras as they were cheapest.

Thank you all for your advice/help, I will take note next time needing ink.

My 'office' printer for invoices etc is the Canon IP7250 and I use StinkyInks in it. Over Black Friday the inks delivered were a fiver, normal price is £9 odd delivered. I don't print prints with this printer so can't vouch for the inks for photo prints sorry.

Another vote for Prink. Used them for over 15 years in various printers, with no issues at all. Currently using in Canon ip8750.

I tried after market ink in my Canon iP 100 and it started to plug up. Occured to me that getting after market ink to save a few penny's simply was not worth the effort so now I only get regular Canon ink! Just got a new tank, one, for my Pro 9000 day or so ago. Cost me I think it was $22.94 with shipping. No idea what that come's out to in you guy's money over there. I think there are places where you can save money but the wrong ink can foul your printer, I think it's not the place to skrimp!

I've used both cartridgesave and cartridgepeople in the past depending on which is cheaper. Both do next day and were fine to deal with.

Just type in the cartridge number to Google and then hit "shopping" to get the lowest prices. Pick the site that looks least dodgy :)

As to 3rd party inks... If the printer is cheap (sub £100) I'd probably go down that road because if you do get clogged heads, you've probably saved the money anyway to buy a new one. If it's an expensive one though, I wouldn't do it. Never had an issue with clogged heads.

Edit to realise how old this thread is...:facepalm::facepalm:

Last edited:
I used to just check around t'internet, as "best buys" seemed to change all the time. However, I've since taken the advice of Rich, see above, and bought Prink inks, after my previous experiments with compatibles (jettec I think) failed. So far the Prink inks are excellent and should save a ton of cash.
I should say now that the Prink inks seem excellent for colour, but sadly I can't wok out how to get good black and white prints from them (on my Canon MG5250!!!). With the native inks the BW prints were pretty good (sometimes a slight magenta colour cast, but nothing horrific). With the Prink inks, they come out with a rather stronger and somewhat objectionable greenish cast. :-(

I'd really like to know if there's a way to get round this. I did try scanning a print in, working out how much it deviated from BW, and applying an opposite deviation, but my knowledge of colour grading is far too weak and it didn't work at all!

I always use after market inks.
The usual cause of print heads blocking up is lack of regular use.
Even a seriously blocked head on a canon printer is rarely a problem, as most of them have easily, user, toolless, removable and cleanable heads. Unlike Epson printers where they require professional servicing.

Last edited:
I should say now that the Prink inks seem excellent for colour, but sadly I can't wok out how to get good black and white prints from them (on my Canon MG5250!!!). With the native inks the BW prints were pretty good (sometimes a slight magenta colour cast, but nothing horrific). With the Prink inks, they come out with a rather stronger and somewhat objectionable greenish cast. :-(

I'd really like to know if there's a way to get round this. I did try scanning a print in, working out how much it deviated from BW, and applying an opposite deviation, but my knowledge of colour grading is far too weak and it didn't work at all!
I haven’t noticed any tint, but saying that I rarely print in b&w.
Do you use an icc profile or just let the printer decide?

Back