Canon TS6250 Black failed

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
My wife has this printer and the main Black does not print so she cannot print text. She can still print photos because it uses the colour inks and the photo black. It appear from Google that many have experienced this issue but I cannot find a solution yet. There is no reason to believe that the Black cartridge is blocked though I have tried deep cleaning. Many of the others on the Canon forum with the fault have used extensive cleaning and new cartridges with no effect. I uninstalled and re-installed the printer driver. Also as it is a WiFi printer, I have tried printing from my own PC but the result is the same. One of the other sufferers discovered that by setting the paper to glossy, it will print the text using the Photo Black ink but this is not a solution. Several believe that it is a hardware fault which the TS6220 also suffers. We have only had this printer 14 months so do not really want to dump it and buy a replacement (it will not be Canon). Does anyone on this forum have any knowledge of this issue and a solution.

Dave

A workaround in the meantime is to print any text in a colour ie blue or green. What does Canon say?

Canon have not been of any help to anyone yet. I may have to contact them myself.

The workaround for us is to use one of my other printers. I have a Mono Laser printers for text and a good colour Epsom for Photos but my wife is keen to be independent for printing.

Need to keep an eye on the situation as we have a fairly recent TS 6250.
Luckily a Mono laser stands next to it for normal text in my wife's study....I'm the one out on a limb so no real problem.

First thing I did was a Nozzle check and it appeared that all colours and Black printed. I have since discovered that there should have been another Black above the various bars printed. There is no sign of this at all. The printer went from working fully one day to No Black text at all the next. When I have dealt with blocked Nozzles on printer previously (unless they have been left unused for a long time) there is usually some trace of the colour in a Nozzle check. If I contact Canon they will recommend a deep clean (already tried) then they will suggest replacing the cartridge so I have ordered a new cartridge. Based on Cannon's advice to others, it is then return for a repair, Given the printer only cost £84, it will not be worth sending to repair so its future now rests on the replacement cartridge. (the existing cartridge is 90% full).

Dave

Fitted a new Black Cartridge and yes it prints Black again but straight away two of the colours were lows and breaking up. This was probably due to the waste of colour ink while deep cleaning. An earlier Canon printer I owned allowed you to select the color to deep clean but no longer the case. Replaced the colours as well so the printer is now working normally but I have a large black cartridge 90% full and a Cyan and Magenta both 10% full but all unusable. Fortunately, I do not have such problems with my Epson Phot printer. If these problems do re-occur, we will dump the printer though not sure what I would buy.

Dave

Back