Beginner Canon250D and Flash

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello everybody! Im new to talk photography and more than a year in photography generally.! I bougth a canon 250d and i want to know if anyone else have it and have found an
Economically solution about the flash. Because of the hotShoe that's not universal.
Thanks in advance

Hello everybody! Im new to talk photography and more than a year in photography generally.! I bougth a canon 250d and i want to know if anyone else have it and have found an
Economically solution about the flash. Because of the hotShoe that's not universal.
Thanks in advance
A Google search brought this up:

I don’t understand what you mean by ‘not universal’. It looks to me like the same hot shoe Canon have been using since the first EOS (I know there have been minor changes). There’s literally hundreds to choose from.

So if you want Canon, the latest ex430 would be a good fit.

If you’re planning to do extensive flash photography in the future, go for the Godox system, the TT685 is probably the best starting point.

If you just want something cheap, a Yongnuo or Neewer (avoid the non ETTL) will be fine, or indeed a s/h genuine Canon EX 430 or 580

Thank you for your answers.. unfortunately there is a difference

Attachments

• qaW2t.jpeg
    qaW2t.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 20
The 250D specifically has a hotshoe that third party flashes do not sync to..... it's one of the downgrades from the 200D to protect Canon's line up (along with the Aperture preview button). I think its High speed sync that's affected on third party ones, but I'd need to check.
I haven't used it specifically OP but you're on the right lines to avoid unnecessary expenses.
The 200D/250D are very good capable cameras - the live view focussing is the same as the higher end cameras.

Here:

Last edited:
The 250D specifically has a hotshoe that third party flashes do not sync to..... it's one of the downgrades from the 200D to protect Canon's line up (along with the Aperture preview button). I think its High speed sync that's affected on third party ones, but I'd need to check.
I haven't used it specifically OP but you're on the right lines to avoid unnecessary expenses.
The 200D/250D are very good capable cameras - the live view focussing is the same as the higher end cameras.

Here:
:oops: :$ :oops: :$ How sneaky! Good old Godox

Thank you for your answers.. unfortunately there is a difference
Not really material to my advice though.
Both the Godox flashes and Canons I suggested will work fine.

The cheaper Neewer etc I said wouldn’t work at all, which I didn’t know :)

id go Godox

My recent experiences with this issue:
I've got the 250D (Rebel SL3 in North America), which has the modified hot shoe. Internet chatter led me to believe Godox "probably" had a firmware solution that would make their flashes work with the modified hotshoe. I say "probably" because none of the chatter definitively said that someone made it work with the 250D, but rather with other cameras that had a similar modification.

So, I purchased a Godox TT600 and X2T-C trigger. I ensured the X2T-C trigger had the latest firmware installed (V1.4). No problem getting the trigger and flash to work together, but I could not get the camera to recognize the trigger, so that I could set the external flash settings. I ended up returning the items. I'll probably look for a used Canon flash.

the 250D does not have a center pin hot shoe, so one needs to use Canon flash or newer models of Godox, the older Godox models might be incompatible with no-center-pin.

Back