Capture a stranger street style : Part 2

The body language says it all...
Captured in a park, so not strictly street, although there is a road on the bridge above them...
We don't talk anymore by Malc Bernhard, on Flickr

Perfectly eligible for this thread Malc, the title of the thread includes "Street Style" which I interpret as candid with a human element. And I should think the actual park itself is in a street someplace.

If anyone is going to see Elton John at any of his farewell tour concerts there are a series of Martin Parr photos on a big screen above the stage while Elton is blasting out "I Guess That’s Why They Call It the Blues". Some great candid people shots.

image2-teaser-story-big.jpg

Really? I thought he looked more like The Bourne Legacy's Jeremy Renner... ;)

Actually, yes, you're right, definitely much more like in the Bourne Legacy. (y)

If anyone is going to see Elton John at any of his farewell tour concerts there are a series of Martin Parr photos on a big screen above the stage while Elton is blasting out "I Guess That’s Why They Call It the Blues". Some great candid people shots.

image2-teaser-story-big.jpg
Forewarned (but sans any sensible camera, because of risk of frisking and admission refusal!)

Sir Elton John Vicarage Road Gig IMG_027002.jpg

Very nice candid street style capture Garry, liking this one very much.

"I'm thinking you used the portrait mode on your iPhone, but how did you get it to work so far away from the subject?"

Thanks, George. To be honest, I don't remember. I probably just manually set the aperture using the f icon at the top right. But, as always, the secret sauce is to use a far away background - as far away as possible.

Thanks, George. To be honest, I don't remember. I probably just manually set the aperture using the f icon at the top right. But, as always, the secret sauce is to use a far away background - as far away as possible.

Many thanks for that Garry, I knew nothing about the F icon, probably because I don't use the standard iPhone app. I snap everything using the "ProCamera" app which is extremely good and of course I only snap in the Pro Raw format with the exception of portrait mode etc. The F icon doesn't show or work with that app.

Last edited:

Very nice candid street style capture Roger, with a good expression.

"I thought my wife was the only one who looks for a cell phone case that virtually matches or goes with the attire she eventually decides to wear" :)

Back