Capture One Express ending

Heads up if anyone is looking at getting Capture One Pro:

Works out to be about £110.

It may be a case of too much information, but it's not immediately clear to me. I take it that Affinity Photo will perform all the usual functions, like photo stacking?

Heads up if anyone is looking at getting Capture One Pro:

Works out to be about £110.
Ignoring any Americanisms like 'awesome' or 'heads up', you are in the UK & bought it there? How did that work out? Serious double question.

Last edited:
Ignoring any Americanisms like 'awesome' or 'heads up', you are in the UK & bought it there? How did that work out? Serious double question.
Buying was straight forward, I just paid with my Halifax Clarity Card which does not charge anything additional for a foreign transaction.

Key was emailed to me a few minutes later.

I don't think its been mentioned, but it seems for Fuji users, C1 express (albeit with a different name) is still going to be available.

There are links to official C1 pages from this link.

I'm not sure about other camera specific versions, but Fuji had (and presumably still do) a commercial agreement with Capture One, and it was Fuji that developed the Fuji film simulations for C1.,

When the deal with C1 was done, Fuji had a gushing press release about how pleased they were to have a deal with such a high end raw processor that they felt worthy of their cameras. Or words to that effect, I only remember the "feel" of the press release, not the actual words.

I don't think its been mentioned, but it seems for Fuji users, C1 express (albeit with a different name) is still going to be available.

There are links to official C1 pages from this link.

I'm not sure about other camera specific versions, but Fuji had (and presumably still do) a commercial agreement with Capture One, and it was Fuji that developed the Fuji film simulations for C1.,

When the deal with C1 was done, Fuji had a gushing press release about how pleased they were to have a deal with such a high end raw processor that they felt worthy of their cameras. Or words to that effect, I only remember the "feel" of the press release, not the actual words.

That's the RAW Converter. A fairly basic bit of software and not C1 Express

That's the RAW Converter. A fairly basic bit of software and not C1 Express
I only glanced a the feature list, and although I knew C1 express was very limited in what it could do, I wasn't sufficiently aware of the features to know how FRC varied from the Express expression. It still gives you access to C1 raw conversion, the Fuji film simulations, cataloguing, and core editing tools From memory, it didn't look that much different from the C1 express functions.

It would be useful for C1 to show a comparison between this and the Express version, rather than a comparison with the Pro version.

Maybe for the benefit of readers you could list what C1 Express had that FRC doesn't. ?

C1 Express basically does everything that the adult version does but will only convert {insert camera make] specific RAW and won't tether. There are a few other restrictions but that's basically it.

C1 Express basically does everything that the adult version does but will only convert {insert camera make] specific RAW and won't tether. There are a few other restrictions but that's basically it.
Sorry, but this is incorrect.

C1 Express had a very limited feature set compared to C1 Pro. I've looked at the comparison tables several times over the years and C1 express, although good as free tool was disappointing in terms of features when compared to the full version. Some of the best reasons to buy C1 such as editing layers, color editor and sessions were not available in the express version. I have regularly, over the years, offered help to C1 users, only to discover that my advice only worked with the full version of C1, and wouldn't work with the Express version. e.g using C1 as a file browser and avoid the need for a catalogue.

Indeed, as I said, from memory ,the feature list from FRC looks very similar to the feature list of C1 express.

This page lists the advantages of the Pro version over the express version:

A brief comparison suggests that FRC has some features that C1 express didn't ie it supports HEIC, and Prostandard profiles

Buying was straight forward, I just paid with my Halifax Clarity Card which does not charge anything additional for a foreign transaction.

Key was emailed to me a few minutes later.
Is there discount code I cant see, 300 usd on my end even at checkout

Maybe the offer's expired? Whilst running, it wasn't that markedly different from the recent (Black Friday?) offer direct from Capture One on their own website - though actually a bit cheaper. So Kev, you have a bargain!

Maybe the offer's expired? Whilst running, it wasn't that markedly different from the recent (Black Friday?) offer direct from Capture One on their own website - though actually a bit cheaper. So Kev, you have a bargain!
Yep agree it was a bargain at around £110.

Back