Daily Carol's 365 from 12th December 2012 - A Year of Happiness

So a trip to a new Soul club this weekend ..... loads of flashing lights including a logo shining onto the floor from the ceiling! Got my flash working and then it decided it didnt want to flash as quickly as I was taking shots so a few missed but..... I got the following effect due to the spotlights. It wasnt intentional at all but have had a few comments about these two shots being quite good but wasnt too sure so thought I would leave it up to you all to decide.

DAY 123 - KEEP THE FAITH

120413 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

DAY 124 - SOUL

130413 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

Last edited:
Sorry I've not been around for while. I must say I love your LTT and the street art images particularly appeal to me. Promise to not leave it so long next time ;)

Sorry I've not been around for while. I must say I love your LTT and the street art images particularly appeal to me. Promise to not leave it so long next time ;)

Cool Cool work Carol

Thanks Tim and Vince :) Not intentional at all Vince but they seem to have turned out okay :)

Well I decided today to get up to Cleveleys and have a good look along the beach but the tide was coming in so I sat at the edge on the Promenade wall, ate my sandwich (much to the jealousy of the seagulls who suddenly decided I was their best friend :LOL: ) and shot away.

This one is of the edge as the tide ebbed away after each incoming wave

140413 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

I love watching the sea when the tide is on its way in .... even though the sun was shining and it was quite warm there was still a bit of a wind so the waves were quite high and strong. I just love watching them and tried to get as many as I could .... not a manual shot in sight - just used Tv and hoped they were okay :)

Wasnt too sure which one to choose as POTD so have put both up so you can have a look ... (all the rest are on my FB page)

150413 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

and the out take:

150413a by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

Great set of photos since I last looked - architecture, street art and sea! Love the Street Art, so vibrant and also those shots at the beach...I can sit and watch that for hours! your last is very nice. :)

Running out of time constantly and will eventually get on here to make comments to everyone - I seem to be getting way behind myself for some reason.
So Thank you all for the comments and I promise I am on my way to make some comments on everyones photos as soon as I get two minutes to myself :(

Day 127 - Runway

Caught this seagull making use of the promenade for his takeoff

160413 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

Day 128 - Sculpture

This beautiful hand carved wooden sculpture has been placed next to the lake this week - a beautiful piece of work

170413 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

I like both of your latest photos, but that seagull really made me smile!:)

Day 129 - Flower in Macro

Back to the flowers for todays POTD I'm afraid

180413 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

Day 130 - Sitting Pretty

and a bit of fun for this one...... had been feeding the ducks at the lake and these two stood there waiting for more even though a full loaf had been used. Took a few shots of them and these three seemed to tell a little story - not the best shots of the but they fit perfectly with what crossed my mind as I looked at them :D

190413a by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

Last edited:
I like both of your latest photos, but that seagull really made me smile!:)

Thanks Sam :) seemed to catch him at just the right moment there :LOL:

I love the flower, Carol, really looks great! :)

And your story of a duck's life is brilliant - the captions really make it work well - another chuckle provided, so thank you! (y)

Really lagging behind now (5 days :( ) but I have next week off and even though I am going to make a point of getting out and about as much as I can I am also going to get in here and look at everyone elses POTD as well :)

DAY 131 - YOUNG SOUL

200413 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

DAY 132 - IN THE ZONE

210413 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

DAY 133 - THE MOON

220413 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

DAY 134 - DAISY CHAIN

230413 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

DAY 135 - GOLDEN CARPET

240413A by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

DAY 136 - SUNSHINE IN MACRO

250413 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

DAY 137 - SUNSET

This is the gorgeous sight as I was going to the shop this evening so it was a mad rush back home to get the camera - Glad I did it then as by the time i got out of the shop it had gone

260413 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

Sunshine in macro...awesome..rich vibrant...love the yellow.

Sunset..great peach tones.

....oh..and Carol...you're showing a bit of moon there girl ;)

I do love the warm tones on the sunset! Lovely Carol and I hope you are having a lovely birthday :) x

Wow - you've been busy! Great catch up with many that I love...really like the sunset's colours and tones, and Sunshine in Macro! The moon's great as well....and that somewhat guy 'in the zone' made me laugh! :)

I didnt realise how long it has been since I posted - between work, family and OHs work I havent had much time - out of nearly a week off I managed 1 day out to myself where I got up to St Annes and did some walking and shooting.... then a weekend at the Tower for the Northern Soul Weekender where OH was working. I know what I WANT to do but getting it to happen isnt working at the minute :LOL: Oh well roll on retirement in about 10 years :LOL:

DAY 138 - BIRTHDAY FLOWERS - beautiful bunch of flowers for my birthday from my friend

270413 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

DAY 139 - FEELING - one of our young soulies feeling the music

280413 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

DAY 140 - BLOSSOM - from the tree in our garden

290413 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

DAY 141 - GARDENERS POEM - found this in Ashton Gardens in St Annes

300413 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

DAY 142 - MR SMILEY - Carved into one of the tree stumps

010513 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

DAY 143 - THE FALLEN - part of the memorial statue in St Annes

020513 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

DAY 144 - BUZZING AROUND - caught this little guy buzzing around

030513 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

DAY 145 - DUCKLING - this is one of 14 ducklings sitting with the Mother in their nest

040513 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

DAY 146 - BROTHERS IN JAZZ - This is Trevor - an amazing Dancer from London

050513 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

DAY 147 - SOUL - Maddie showing a bit of Soul

060513 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice angle on the bouquet and as Jake said the duckling :love: imagine having that many to look after though :eek:

days 139 and 146 brilliant emotion!!! ....

...but yet again.. my eye is caught by day 147.... obviously by the ..erm.. by the shoes!.. ;)

Loving the dance moves! I really like 138 though, which is surprising for me as I'm not a particularly big fan of flowers.

Back