Daily Carol's 365 from 12th December 2012 - A Year of Happiness

The last two shots are from the venue in Manchester that were at yesterday (Easter Sunday) They represent the Generations in our music scene

Day 111 - Lady of Soul

This is the beautiful Rebecca who is one of our Ladies of Soul. She loves the vintage look in her clothes and always looks the part :) I decided to do this shot in Mono as it suits her style

310313 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

Day 112 - The Next Generation

This is Ethan who is part of the next generation of NS music Lovers. He started dancing at 5yrs old and is now 15. He was brought up on NS Music also plays one of the main characters in the NS scene in a film being brought out at the beginning of Summer about NS. He came 3rd in the Northern Soul Dance Championship held every year in Blackpool.

010413 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

Nice catch up, Carol, and what variety in there! I love the tulip - really nice delicate colours. You are right that mono does suit the photo of Rebecca - very retro!

Carol loving your work !! The soul shots are great
Thanks Vince :)

That's an expensive glove! Ebay time :LOL:

Left it there Jake :)

Nice catch up, Carol, and what variety in there! I love the tulip - really nice delicate colours. You are right that mono does suit the photo of Rebecca - very retro!

Thanks Sam :)

Gorgeous catch up! Do love the faded tulip and the LTT's (y)

Thanks Trace :) Hope your back is a bit better

Nice catch up and blimey, the width of those trousers!

Thanks Sarah :) and they are narrow compared to what they did wear at some venues

#108 stands out for me, a typical English countryside scene.

Thanks Sarah :) it is isnt it :)

Another from the weekend venue at Manchester - OH doing what he does best :)

020413 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

At last the Blue Tit was brave enough to come out of the top branches of the tree and I was able to catch him :)

030413 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

The LTT decided to pop in and share the bag of peanuts with the Blue Tit

040413 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

Well I got an email from Rebecca to tell me that she has decided to use this photo and one of the others in her portfolio for her modelling jobs .... now I know it may not sound like much but to me it was great that she (and her agent) thought it was good enough. Just wanted to share :)

020413 spare by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

Two great shots (I'll leave out the tit jokes!) - Congrats on your photo being used like that, what an endorsement of what you can do! :)

Loving the LTT's Carol, I can never get near them in the woods around here.
Congrats on the portfolio shots too.

Looks like things are still progressing well for you Carol, a nice memory for the 5 anniversary of the OH's radio show and impressive on both counts his service and your friends (y) look like the bird photography is coming along well maybe time to get a perch set up in the garden near the food :D and I love the tulip (y)

Matt

Thanks everyone for the comments :) Well today and yesterday I decided to get out in the garden and get it ready for some planting - bulbs etc. So needed a bit of weeding and digging out. Got it all done and then thought about getting a bird table so off to the local hardware shop to price them up..... OMG How expensive are they!!! :eek: 28.00 for a basic one! not got enough spare pennies for that so back home to have a think and a root around in the shed and ta-da!!! I improvised and recycled bits of wood etc. So a length of wood, a piece of floorboard and a few hooks and its done!
Doubt you will see the same model on sale in B&Q but hey ho the birds like it :D Placed close enough that I can still see it out of the window and also can it in the garden and not frighten them away :)

050413 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

Once I had finished the table and tidied up the garden I sat outside and decided to take the photo of the table so you could see my 'handy work' :LOL: The Robin arrived and had some food from the bowl and then the LTTs and the Blue Tit came. I was trying to get a decent shot of one of them and this little one landed on the washing line just above my head and just sat looking at me :LOL: Had to get a shot of him :)

060413 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

Oooh, necessity is the mother of invention! Great improvisation there for the bird table, great job! And those are some spoiled birds you are feeding!

That last one is just fantastic - sharp, great DOF, looking straight down at you. Love it! (y)

Oh look at him looking at you :D Good work on the bird table, hope it pays off for you :)

Hi

I pop in to your site now and again and I like some of your shots a lot, partic the dance and bird shots. Those LTT are lovely lively birds and your bird table a minor work of art! However, and i don't want to be a curmudgeon , advice from the RSPB re the mesh nets is ;

'Mesh bags – a warning

Peanuts and fat balls are regularly sold in nylon mesh bags. Never put out any food in mesh bags. These may trap birds’ feet and even cause broken or torn off feet and legs. Birds with a barbed tongue, eg woodpeckers, can become trapped by their beaks'

at http://www.rspb.org.uk/advice/helpingbirds/feeding/how.aspx

But keep up the good work in your shots and your feeding. (y)

'

Thanks everyone for all the great comments :) Well what a week it has been for me .... my oomph was definitely on its way out - had its little bag packed and everything .... it had got bored to death with birds (as cute as they were) and even flowers were getting on its nerves :LOL: but....... I put together a plan last night where I was going to spend the whole day out and about - Into Blackpool then onto St Annes and then back over to Cleveleys before coming home :) Great plan until I got up and saw the weather - wet and cold :( Was going to give it a miss and then saw 'Oomph' heading to the door and thought what the heck if its raining a bit - bit of rain never harmed anyone. So at 2pm I decided to get on the bus and get into town first and then go from there. I didnt get to St Annes or Cleveleys but managed to walk around Blackpool, have a lovely Cappuccino outside a little Coffee Lounge and then walk around capturing a few shots of the street art and the buildings.

The Winter Gardens is a beautiful building .... full of history.
The Winter Gardens Company bought the site in 1875 for £28,000. The Winter Gardens was built on the six-acre Bank Hey Estate and officially opened opened on 11 July 1878. The original intention was "to place on the land a concert room, promenades, conservatories and other accessories calculated to convert the estate into a pleasant lounge, especially desirous during inclement days."
The Vestibule, Floral Hall, Ambulatory and Pavilion Theatre were all built in the 1870s and the Opera House Theatre originally opened in 1889. The Empress Ballroom was built in 1896 together with the Indian Lounge (now the Arena).
In 1910 the Opera House Theatre was rebuilt. Ownership of the complex changed in 1928 when the Winter Gardens Company was taken over by the Tower Company.
In 1930 the Olympia was built and the following year saw the addition of the Galleon Bar, Spanish Hall and Baronial Hall. The Opera House Theatre was rebuilt in 1939.
EMI took over the complex in 1967, and ownership changed hands again in 1983 when it was bought by First Leisure In 1998, Leisure Parcs acquired the Winter Gardens from First Leisure's Resorts Division as part of an estimated £74m deal which also included Blackpool Tower, and the resort's three piers. On 3 December 2009 it was revealed that Leisure Parcs had accepted an offer of £40m from Blackpool Council to buy the Winter Gardens as well as the Tower, and other sites in the resort. The deal, financed through a combination of government regeneration cash, European funding and a loan, was finalized in March 2010.
The long-gone Blackpool Ferris wheel, erected in 1896, was also located at the Winter Gardens.

070413 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

One of the wonderful little fountains (not working at the moment until the season is fully underway) which has been erected in the Town Centre.

080413 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

Lovely, but it does need straightening a little bit ;)

Thank Sarah :) already tried but it was taken slightly to the side and not face on so hence the slight angle :(

Last edited:
Sitting outside the Coffee Lounge I was just looking around and saw the lights blinking away in the trees and instantly thought ' Christmas in April?' Apparently all the tree in the Square have them in as 'lighting' for the evenings :)

090413 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

I have seen these bits of Street Art so often but always fail to have my camera with me but today I made sure I found them and got them all.

This is a beautiful one of a Wolf and covers half a building

100413 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

And another example of the beautiful Street Art.
This one covers the whole side of a house

110413 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

Love the street art Carol, the wolf is great. Reminds me a bit of the murals in belfast.

Back