Daily Carol's 365 from 12th December 2012 - A Year of Happiness

I love trees like that - they look like they belong in some fantasy film or something like The Hobbit!

But...have to say, I prefer both of your blossom photos, they are lovely! (y) I love the BG in the first one.

mono (Blossom + macro ) = :love:

3pic Carol!!

(sorry I'm feeling mathematical tonight)

Thanks Kev :) Photo to follow just for you :)

Oh yes, very much like your up close and personal blossom pics (y)

Thanks sarah :)

I love trees like that - they look like they belong in some fantasy film or something like The Hobbit!

But...have to say, I prefer both of your blossom photos, they are lovely! (y) I love the BG in the first one.

Thanks Sam :)

That macro shot is gorgeous Carol!

Thanks Toni :)

what about in scrabble then? :LOL:

Now we will all have seen the cake photo that is flying around FB with the Kit Kats on the side and the little pigs basking in the 'Mud' .... well I wanted to try that cake out and started it this morning. Only problem was that the OH decided to tell me (last minute) that he didnt like Marzipan! So pigs were out of the equation .... so then thought of Skittles (loads of colour ) so ran to the shop to get a big bag. Got home to be told 'they are putrid!' (even though he ate half a dozen to try them out!) So back to the shop (with OH in tow) and he decided on Mini Cream Eggs which you will now see on the cake instead of pigs! Just use your imagination and try and pretend they are pigs please :LOL: Then OH decides it looks 'too chocolatey' !!! How can ANYTHING be TOO chocolately?????? :bang: So he decides to do a biscuit mix - or should I say I had to do a biscuit mix with him supervising! - so it looked like a hens coop floor with eggs scattered about (in a symmetrical design?? :thinking: )
So anyway OH is now having a lie down after such a stressful afternoon deciding on a cake topping while I have been left to wash up! hmmmmm something wrong with that scenario I think :LOL:

250313 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thanks Vince :) trying to keep it away from them all until after tea :) :LOL:

I love the middle photo giving the wider shot of the cake.....I love the cake....I want the cake!!!

Still can't get my head round the whole outside of it being Kit-Kat bars! :)

I love the middle photo giving the wider shot of the cake.....I love the cake....I want the cake!!!

Still can't get my head round the whole outside of it being Kit-Kat bars! :)

Thanks Sam :) It is 18 double finger kit kats (luckily they are on offer - a pack of 8 for 1.00GBP and with my discount i get them for 90p a pack :) )
Its good as well as you use the kitkats to slice the cake - each double finger is the width of a slice :) 18 slice cake :)

THAT cake is dangerous.... i insist we take it away for analysis and possible investigator digestion.... !!!

18 slices? erm....... looked like 8 at the most...??

Highly dangerous Kev :) The sugar rush from it would exceed any that have been previously recorded! Chocolate Icing, Kit Kats, Cream Eggs as well as the Butter Icing inside - but not possible to take any away from this house - half is nearly gone already :LOL:
8 slices would be my normal cakes but this one is being strictly measured :) I could post some if you like but not sure if it would get there with the Postmen :LOL:

Highly dangerous Kev :) The sugar rush from it would exceed any that have been previously recorded! Chocolate Icing, Kit Kats, Cream Eggs as well as the Butter Icing inside - but not possible to take any away from this house - half is nearly gone already :LOL:
8 slices would be my normal cakes but this one is being strictly measured :) I could post some if you like but not sure if it would get there with the Postmen :LOL:

walk in the park carol.....walk in the park!! ... i add sugar to coke cola because it ain't sweet enough...:naughty: .. but your cake gives me an idea for the munchies..

oh dear! what have I started here??? :LOL:

That cake is epic (y) I'm immensely jealous that you've got blossoms, I'm not seen any sign of them round my way, admittedly I've not ventured out all that much in the last couple of weeks so that may explain why I've not seen them :cautious: nice to see things are still going well for you (y)

Tonight OH did his usual radio show but it was the 5th Anniversary of the show so we had a guest who is virtually a 'Living Legend' in the Northern Soul Scene. John Vincent has been a NS DJ for 50 years and his knowledge is amazing. Had me stuck to my seat for hours even when we went out for something to eat before the show. OH is also called a legend by his fans and has been a NS DJ for 40 years so this photo had to be taken just as John was leaving (hence the hat :LOL:) I did want to take shots as they were doing the show but Studio 1 is only big enough for two people really so me running around wouldnt have been helpful at all

Not the best shot Ive taken but I had to stand on a chair as John is 6'3" :LOL:

260313 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

Excellent photo Carol - I think this is what 365's are about - a bit of personal too ;)

Thanks everyone for the great comments :)

Well Easter has been and gone (Thank Goodness as it now means work is back to normal and no madness!) and Ive managed to keep track with the photos

Day 107 - Lost ...... Saw this poor glove stuck on the frame of a bench in a park and felt a bit like it tbh :(

270313 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

Day 108 - The Country ...... another shot from the car as we were going to another venue.

280313 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

Day 109 - Fading
The Tulips were starting to fade away so I decided to snap them up while I could

290313 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

Day 110 - Busy Line
Just to show you that there ARE more than one LLT at a time :LOL:

300313 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

Back