(9)
868343829_MoYH6-X3.jpg

(10) Zara Phillips walking the dogs.
868343848_8HWV4-X3.jpg

TFL Ian.

Nice pics, we went, didnt see Zara though

Are you in this pic? :)

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/2212/img3057e.jpg

Staff Edit : Image(s) removed. (Link(s) left in place). Pictures must not exceed current forum limits as per the rules.
Please feel free to replace this with a fresh/resized image and remove this text

mg6656.jpg

mg6664.jpg

mg6674.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers fellas.

LOL Balb0wa no I'm not on that picture......although it looks as though you just missed me off it :)

Cheers fellas.

LOL Balb0wa no I'm not on that picture......although it looks as though you just missed me off it :)

Damn ! , i bet today is a good day there, better course with bigger jumps , more of the water used etc.

Damn ! , i bet today is a good day there, better course with bigger jumps , more of the water used etc.

Yes I bet it is. I had a Press pass for both days but stayed in bed this morning :bonk:

Great set of pictures, really sharp. Can I ask what lens you used for these? My other half spends a lot on pictures of her eventers and I've yet to see any of this quality.

Great set of pictures, really sharp. Can I ask what lens you used for these? My other half spends a lot on pictures of her eventers and I've yet to see any of this quality.

Thanks. First one was with a Canon 70-200 2.8L and the rest with a Canon 300mm 2.8L.

i am going to be honest these do nothing for me, all of the jumping ones are either too late or framed wrong. you need to get the bottom of the jump in to give any idea of scale and so you can actually see what the horse is jumping also you need to take the pictures earlier before they get airborn

Well if the purpose of the pictures was to make sales I ma sure you wont have a problem.

Whilst its often possible to get to the bottom of the jump at a small gymkhana, if you are trying to sell photos it's often necesary to position away from the jumps and give yourself the chance of photos from 2 0r 3 jumps.

I thought they were nice and sharp with good action, didnt really think the timing was off, am taking some of my daughter and her friend at wivelsden cross country this afternoon, and would be well happy with some like these!

Last edited:
Thanks Dave (y) Hope you have a good afternoon at Wivelsden.

Fabby set to me!

I went on the sunday, didnt take as many as id have hoped but thats having the family with you lol I also wanted to get round the cross country course more and to the dressage but that was miles away, as we learnt a few years ago!

Thanks Lisa (y)

Excellent as always Ian, loving 3,5 and 6.

Cheers Andy (y)

is it just me or are they a little overcooked on the sharpening?

Possibly are oversharpened :)

Fantastic set, 5 and 6 are beautiful!

Cheers fella (y)

Last edited:
It's gotta be #5 for me. The horse is very keen and is obviously enjoying himself!

Very nice set love the refusal one ,have been to this show a few years ago as it local to me and always a good day out

Cracking Images Ian (y). Well done!. Kind regards Graham

Great set (y)

#4 appeals to me as a great capture.

If we all like different shots, then does it matter if they are not composed or cropped correctly? understand the need for any kind of critism for improvement, and it has made me want to try this out, so it has inspired.

Well done!

What Fab shots,super sharp and after doing a couple of shows recently can appreciate the quality,action and beautiful exposures and dead accurate colours .

A real quality set and certainly different.

Pons

A great selection of images. It is good to see variety and they are all well taken!
As for compositions that`s always a matter of personal taste, personally I think many of these are excellent.
regards
Tony

Back