Chloe

Beautiful portrait and model gorgeous blue yes and a sultry look :)

Beautifully posed, lit, and exposed. Background colour & texture very suitable. Good use of relatively soft focus, and adequate depth of field. Spot-on work IMO.

Very very nice image of a lovely model, and good to see you are back to your usual quality images after the dotty images.

Another nice one, would like to see a reflector or lower light just to lessen the shadows but that's just being picky. I'd maybe even see that version and prefer the shadows.
I enjoy your work, keep them coming

A true combination of the many skills required to produce a beautiful portrait.
Gorgeous eye contact too. I
Just the severed elbow stops this getting 15/10 from me.

crop just below the hand for a better balance
you cut the elbow anyhow
all that black isnt quite doing the come hither look
as i view it like that it has immense impact with the face being the main attraction
you let your sensor format dominate your results....
i know it seems a waste to crop a shot with a decent sensor but not all shots can suffer 4:3 or worse still 3:2

Cropped to a traditional 645 View attachment 52894

that is better imho
what is the significance of 645...i know its a film camera format
but we who dice with the internet and the flying pixel have carte blanche on format
i would have cropped to the requirements and not used a camera sensor format to be my guide

i cropped to 100h/84w as a ratio... which i thought 'cuddled' the lady more

6 cm X 4.5 cm = 4:3 ratio.

so....some of mine are 1:1 and i make them that way
bit of a bee in my bonnet K....the sensor format seems to rule when the shot really needs balancing
what do you think?

so....some of mine are 1:1 and i make them that way bit of a bee in my bonnet K....the sensor format seems to rule when the shot really needs balancing… what do you think?

I don't understand this bee thing!

I don't understand this bee thing!

its an expression used in england as far as i can gather....colloquially

Preoccupied or obsessed with an idea.

i would have cropped to the requirements and not used a camera sensor format to be my guide

i cropped to 100h/84w as a ratio... which i thought 'cuddled' the lady more

Firstly, I cropped by eye and it ended up matching 645 ratio - I do not crop to a certain size just for the sake of it.

Your suggested 10x8.4 crops off the elbow joint, which ruins it imho.

Firstly, I cropped by eye and it ended up matching 645 ratio - I do not crop to a certain size just for the sake of it.

Your suggested 10x8.4 crops off the elbow joint, which ruins it imho.

dangnab it mussky you cut the dangblast elbow first and i just followed on!!..:D

your shot is yours...and if i ruined it...sorry

here is a link to my edit ...i wont post it here...so you can see just how much i butchered it in your pm

no hard feelings Rossco?

cheers
geof

I don't mind if you post the crop here - but as I said, the crop makes the forearm appear from outside the boundaries of the picture. I don't mind cropping above the elbow itself (as u can see), but would rarely have an arm or head appear from outside the picture boundary.
No worries

Back