Clarkson suspended by the BBC, TG taken off air.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Breaking on the Sky News app.

The BBC has suspended Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson "following a fracas" with a producer.

An investigation will now take place into the alleged incident and no-one else has been suspended, the corporation said.

It also said Top Gear would not be broadcast this Sunday.

"The BBC will be making no further comment at this time", it added.

Clarkson was put on what was called his final warning last year.

Found a link http://news.sky.com/story/1442344/jeremy-clarkson-suspended-by-bbc-after-fracas

Couldn't he just move to a different channel like Jonathan Ross did and just do what he wants? So there's really no point in getting rid of him, let people who cry about it just not watch him, it's not hard to do

Indeed, I am curious about that and wondering what went on behind the scenes. I actually don't mind Jeremy (reminds me a little bit of my dad) and I do think there is a little bit of a Clarkson in most of us and we all get to have bust ups with work colleagues and bosses (yes, I've even done it back in my tomato greenhouse days) but I guess what with him being a high profile figure working for the BBC doesn't help his cause.
I do enjoy watching Top Gear even though I'm not even at all a "petrol head" and don't like cars. It's all great entertainment. If I want to know every single thing about a particular car right down to the nut then I'd get myself a car magazine or look it up on Youtube.

PS: Would be a huge loss for the BBC if Top Gear was to end because it is one of their biggest revenue earners.

Last edited:
It'll turn out to be a load of nonsense as usual. I'm sure the producers are far more complicit in all the controversy than they let on. Most of it is planned out.

It'll turn out to be a load of nonsense as usual. I'm sure the producers are far more complicit in all the controversy than they let on. Most of it is planned out.

That might be true. There is no such thing as bad publicity where Top Gear and Clarkson are concerned.

BBC is in a very sad state already. There is maybe one or two half decent nature shows a month and a lot of time filling tosh. Fine, they can kill off their last decent show and be all about degraded low maturity entertainment for blue collar workers and brethren on benefits.... yawn. My TV license is about to get cancelled.

The articles are just re hashes of previous apparent sins of clarkson, not news.

It seems that there are knives out for him within the BBC, previously any sin of his has been 'leaked' and oddly, the Beeb have never seemed keen on plugging those leaks.

So, all we have is a fracas with a producer, who's not been suspended, but Clarkson has. Might be an interesting day out at an ET then unless the BBC have got all their ducks in a very straight row.

It seems that Clarkson can't ever make a joke about anything without someone being offended. Racism sucks and isn't funny anyway but things like the Segway joke. Offensive? Really? Top Gear is a comedy programme. It rips the p*** out of everything and everybody. Why is everyone so quick to be offended by everything?

Fracas is posh BBC speak for fighting isn't it? Did he do a Piers Morgan on a Producer? I shouldn't like him but find I do - except anything racist. Incidentally, is "fat yanks" a racist term? If it is then I don't mean to 'except' that bit...

Viewing figures must be a bit lower than expected so let's have a bit of controversy, let the media over hype it and get the sheep demanding that it gets put back on the air. Yawn

Great news. Bunch of middle class t***s and about as entertaining as dog s***e up yer ankles.

Viewing figures must be a bit lower than expected so let's have a bit of controversy, let the media over hype it
That was exactly my thoughts when I saw the headline, well that and it must be a slow news day :D

Great news. Bunch of middle class t***s and about as entertaining as dog s***e up yer ankles.
You don't have to watch it, I'm sure that even North of the border you have more than one channel? :p

Clarkson can afford to lose the BBC, the BBC cannot afford to loose Clarkson.

The bbc is in poo creek already, if they got rid of top gear or clarkson, it would be game over for them.

if they got rid of top gear or clarkson, it would be game over for them.
Doesn't Clarkson own a portion of Top gear?
If so and I was him, I'd take "it" else where, plenty of other channels to chose from ;)

There is no problem then (y)
Doesn't change the fact I think they are what I said and for these reasons I don't watch them. Oafs:rolleyes:

If so and I was him, I'd take "it" else where, plenty of other channels to chose from ;)

He sold it back to the BBC last year IIRC. £13 million, I think.

Viewing figures must be a bit lower than expected so let's have a bit of controversy, let the media over hype it and get the sheep demanding that it gets put back on the air. Yawn

That right there would be my guess.

He did, as did May/Hammster I think. I seems to remember they sold their stakes to the bbc a couple of years ago, ( when it went down hill as a program)

Doesn't change the fact I think they are what I said and for these reasons I don't watch them. Oafs:rolleyes:
There are loads of programmes that I don't like, for various reasons,
I just don't watch them, I vote with my remote, not get all het up about them.
Life's far too short :)

He sold it back to the BBC last year IIRC. £13 million, I think
He did, as did May/Hammster I think. I seems to remember they sold their stakes to the bbc a couple of years ago, ( when it went down hill as a program)
Ah Ok thanks guys (y)

There are loads of programmes that I don't like, for various reasons,
I just don't watch them, I vote with my remote, not get all het up about them.
Life's far too short :)

I don't get het up about them. I couldn't give a monkeys ring about any of them.

I don't get het up about them. I couldn't give a monkeys ring about any of them.
Bunch of middle class t***s and about as entertaining as dog s***e up yer ankles.
But none the less you are discussing a subject that hold no interest to / for you ;)

I do enjoy watching Top Gear even though I'm not even at all a "petrol head" and don't like cars.

I only like the bits where they're not talking about cars!

The bbc is in poo creek already, if they got rid of top gear or clarkson, it would be game over for them.

Really? This marks the end of the BBC? I don't think so!!

Steve.

Last edited:
But none the less you are discussing a subject that hold no interest to / for you ;)
I have an opinion and I will voice it, folk will disagree blah blah blah. It's what forums are for, I think it's called discussion.

Clarkson-esque ;)
I wouldn't know, I'm just a poor, lowly workin' class lad with a comprehensive education and a limited vocabulary.:cool:

I only like the bits where they're not talking about cars!

Really? This marks the end of the BBC? I don't think so!!

Steve.

Top gear is by far the biggest revenue maker for the BBC.. More and more people are refusing to pay the overpriced licence fee and the government has stripped them of powers to use the previous heavy handed tactics to force people to pay it... How exactly can they survive with their two main income streams vastly reduced.. They can't, not in its current form.

Top gear is by far the biggest revenue maker for the BBC.. More and more people are refusing to pay the overpriced licence fee and the government has stripped them of powers to use the previous heavy handed tactics to force people to pay it... How exactly can they survive with their two main income streams vastly reduced.. They can't, not in its current form.

This was in the Mirror Twitter feed a little earlier:

Here's a few facts about the much loved series:

Top Gear is the Guinness Book of Records holder for most watched factual programme in the world.

It has an estimated global audience of 350 million, and is sold to 214 countries.

The show has three million YouTube subscribers, 15 million Facebook fans, and 1.74 million Twitter followers.

Top Gear Magazine has a global circulation of 1.67 million, four million people use its website every month, and its live shows have attracted 1.5 million visitors.

It was first broadcast in its current format in 2002, and has run for 22 series.

I am just annoyed I didn't go an pap them all up the Yorkshire Dales last week....could have maybe got shots of the last bit of filming they do (if this isn't just a bit of a publicity stunt and doesnt just blow over).

I like middle class t**ts. Much more interesting than the "I'm working class and proud of it" crew, yawn yawn...

The BBC will be fine, they have The One Show after all!

I like middle class t**ts. Much more interesting than the "I'm working class and proud of it" crew, yawn yawn...

I don't. I detest self righteous, patronising gits:rolleyes:. Completely uninteresting. Then again I don't give a toss what people who don't know me think of me or what I think. Boring!!! End of!!

Find TG a bit hit and miss really.. some of is utter tosh, however last Sundays was quite entertaining - esp the rallycross bit. However I had no idea who the "star in the reasonably priced car was."

Much worse on.

Back